Low bite on clutch?

S

SteveSAS

Hi guys, clutch biting point has gradually got lower recently. Only have to lift it couple inches or less for it to bite. It doesn't seem to slip but I sometimes here a bit of a grumbling sound reversing uphill onto driveway. I had a garage have a listen to a clunking noise I have when engine ticking over & he said it was Dual-mass flywheel was on the way. He said you will notice the sound more when it needs doing. That was a year ago & sound no more noticeable.
Any ideas on any of this?

Thanks

Hi guys, clutch biting point has gradually got lower recently. Only have to lift it couple inches or less for it to bite. It doesn't seem to slip but I sometimes here a bit of a grumbling sound reversing uphill onto driveway. I had a garage have a listen to a clunking noise I have when engine ticking over & he said it was Dual-mass flywheel was on the way. He said you will notice the sound more when it needs doing. That was a year ago & sound no more noticeable.
Any ideas on any of this?

Thanks
Garage is right, dmf seem to give you a clue its going to go but you just need to know the sound, once it starts it won't last long.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It will need doing soon and could suddenly break up so I would get it sorted

Garage is right, dmf seem to give you a clue its going to go but you just need to know the sound, once it starts it won't last long.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Ok, thanks for the advice. As I said the slight clonking sound now & then when ticking over hasn't got any worse in a year.

It will need doing soon and could suddenly break up so I would get it sorted
Thanks mate, what would be the worst thing if it breaks up? Just need breakdown recovery to garage & get sorted or can it cause damage to other parts?

There's no point in taking a chance with it. The most likely thing is that it will just fail or start slipping massively. This is liable to happen just when you didn't need it. And more than likely it will cost you more to resolve as you may need to hire a car, or pay for the car to be towed / collected to be repaired.