B9 Low battery warning

Terminator x

Reaction score
Fairly sure I saw an A4 / S4 thread on this. Car just 11 months old, seems too soon for a dud battery. Anyone else had this?

Presumably just get a new one sorted? I feel the dreaded RS tax coming on!

TX.

Edit - interestingly the car has started saving battery power as the light in the boot won't come on and sometimes the external lights stay off when car is opened.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

So you have a 11 month old B9 RS4? With a bad battery? Call the dealer, tell them to sort the **** out, and give you a loaner or wait, and then drive home with a new battery free of charge.

So you have a 11 month old B9 RS4? With a bad battery? Call the dealer, tell them to sort the **** out, and give you a loaner or wait, and then drive home with a new battery free of charge.
Ha ha yes fair enough I will do that + just wanted to see if others have it too.

TX.

Good!

Now lets analyze the problem, How is your driving? How many miles? Alot of short journey or long ones?
13k miles :flushed:

Mix of medium + short journeys albeit this last few months short journeys tbf. Plus cold weather perhaps putting strain on the battery.

TX.

13k miles :flushed:

Mix of medium + short journeys albeit this last few months short journeys tbf. Plus cold weather perhaps putting strain on the battery.

TX.
There is probably your issue, you could just try to go for a longer 2 hour trip and ser if it gets better :)

Booked in to Audi so let's see what they say!

TX.

Mine yesterday was totally dead . Hadn’t been driven for 8 days . Been in a garage but clearly it’s been cold . Got a dash cam which should have cut off as the voltage dropped not sure if that’s my issue guessing it hasn’t helped . Car not used much last few weeks , 14 months old . Would have expected I could have left it for at least 3 weeks without an issue even in winter. On charge as I write this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x
Mine yesterday was totally dead . Hadn’t been driven for 8 days . Been in a garage but clearly it’s been cold . Got a dash cam which should have cut off as the voltage dropped not sure if that’s my issue guessing it hasn’t helped . Car not used much last few weeks , 14 months old . Would have expected I could have left it for at least 3 weeks without an issue even in winter. On charge as I write this .

You just reminded me, I have an aftermarket dashcam too ... see if Audi blame that!

TX.

Reactions: Jonny B
Fairly sure I saw an A4 / S4 thread on this. Car just 11 months old, seems too soon for a dud battery. Anyone else had this?

Presumably just get a new one sorted? I feel the dreaded RS tax coming on!

TX.

Edit - interestingly the car has started saving battery power as the light in the boot won't come on and sometimes the external lights stay off when car is opened.

My guess is the cold weather. The battery certainly shouldn't be shot after a year.

Charged mine overnight with my CTEK . Voltage 12.7 Car started , no warnings , drove today no stops 30 miles . Got home parked up outside left it for 2 hours , just checked voltage showing 12.2 , still starts , but clearly I have something draining it , or it had dropped so low previously it’s now not holding it’s charge . I think I’m right in saying new battery needs to be coded in on this model , so joy of joys can’t do it myself a trip to my dealer on the cards . I Assume the battery is not covered under the warranty.

I had this with a Nissan Qashqai a few years back. The garage bench tested it and found it had a faulty cell. They said the stop start functionality can sometimes cause this and changed it under warranty no problem.