LouthVolksWorldLtd - Revo map

TomBlueS3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had the pleasure of visiting Louth VolksWorld based in Louth, Lincolnshire a couple of days ago for my Revo Stage 1 map with a Xmas (or Black Friday, I can’t remember which) 20% off meaning the full cost inc VAT came to £599 - a somewhat £120 cheaper than without the offer.

The garage itself was very decent and the staff were friendly, with a coffee in hand I took a seat in their large waiting room consisting of some really nice comfy chairs, a pool table, magazines and a tv.

The whole process from start to finish took around 1hr30/45 which I think is a fair time cosidering they data log the vehicle on the open road and also carry out a full vehicle health check prior.

Anyway onto the map itself - when I first got in and started driving, where safe to do so (and once engine oil was up to temp) I gave it some beans sadly although I could feel more power it didn’t feel night/day and I thought this probably isn’t worth the 600 squid (bear with me though)...

However as I had about an hours drive back home with traffic etc I thought I would persevere and literally as time went on the map started to feel better and better and on the way home I did a few more WOT/hard accelerations and F me there it was, it was literally like a switch had been flicked the car rocketed off, it was like a new machine, I was shoved back in my seat, the traction control light flicked on briefly at around 3 or 4K rpm in 2nd gear (which has never happened before).

Having now driven the car over the last couple of days what I will say is the map is well worth the money, Revo have clearly placed a lot of time,money and development into their maps and I wouldn’t be with out it now.

When driving normally the the car feels more torquey lower down and needs less pressure on the pedal to build speed. The car is a real pleasure to drive normally with the added torque/power. When driving a lot more spiritually the car has bags & bags of power in all gears and throughout the entire RPM range and will pull hard to the redline.

I like the idea I have added temperature protection built in and cold start protection. The top speed limiter has been removed (however I am yet to test this) as I believe the cars speed woud have been capped at 155mph orignally so short of a track day or the AutoBahn I’ll take Revos word for this ;)

So to anyone out there on the fence, do it do it do it!!! LouthVolksWorld will be my go to for any servicing, upgrades and maintenance the car will need - they use genuine parts to maintain warranty (although mine has possibly gone now with the map, TD1 flag) and they can also update the Audi online service record if need be. I have no plans currently for Stage 2 but if I did, after an intercooler, decat and intake I would only have to pay £50 for Revo Stage 2. I have also considered the DSG map but have decided against it for now as there are zero issues with the Stage 1 and OEM DSG map.

So shout out to Revo and Louth VolksWorld!

Ps - My Car is now running between 345-370bhp - I have always used Tesco 99 so hoping to be nearer 370 but will book a dyno when funds allow. Also I think my initial disappointment may have either been the map not giving full power as it didn’t think it was up to temp or ECU adaption. I also have a GFB DV+ which I think is a good mod to have as a preventive measure as I know there have been comments about the OEM failing prematurely when running more boost.

Reactions: Jud and Leevr
Completely agree, Had mine done there last week :) loving the extra power

Have also replaced the S3 badge on the rear for a Revo badge

Reactions: TomBlueS3
Completely agree, Had mine done there last week :) loving the extra power

Have also replaced the S3 badge on the rear for a Revo badge

I saw a photo of your car on their FB page...LOVE your splitter!!!

Revo badge instead of S3, nice touch.

Have you got any plans for a dyno? I’m thinking of using PK automotive in Lincoln as they have a 4wd one.

Reactions: Jud

Have you got any plans for a dyno? I’m thinking of using PK automotive in Lincoln as they have a 4wd one.

My cars on their FB page..... I'll have to look, I've thought about a dyno but for now I just happy with the way the car feels

Reactions: TomBlueS3

Have you priced the dyno at PK automotive?

No I haven’t - I don’t have a clue how much it’ll be. Tbh’ it doesn’t make a difference what BHP it says because the car is fantastic however it’d just be nice to know! Lol

I’ve spoken with them for our cars it’s £90....I dunno if that’s reasonable or not but I’ll be waiting quite a while, if at all!