Loud bang fuel over my exhaust

Bonstio

Reaction score
I was driving happily and felt a loud bang. Moments later the car behind me flashed and pulled me over to explain I'm losing fluid. Upon inspection, there seems to be fuel dripping from the bottom of the car at the back and its all over the exhaust box. No impact with anything, no warning lights but strong smell of fuel and too scared to turn it on.

What the hell? Any ideas. Currently waiting for a tow...

Cheers.

Well, if anyone else has these symptoms, it's your rear diff that's fcuked!

Quite why this happens in a 3yo car with 20k miles, I couldn't tell you.

Audio would like six thousand pounds to repair this....

Quite why this happens in a 3yo car with 20k miles, I couldn't tell you.

Wouldn't be the first time Haldex has been serviced draining the rear diff fluid by mistake. Could have been filled with Haldex fluid. Had it just had a Haldex or diff service?

Wouldn't be the first time Haldex has been serviced draining the rear diff fluid by mistake. Could have been filled with Haldex fluid. Had it just had a Haldex or diff service?

Haldex has never been touched. The diff just exploded as I was driving along.

I experienced exactly the same as this on my 2008 S3 8P. No rhyme or reason for the problem; Audi could not explain to me what happened either. Fortunately, for me, the car was about 2.5 years old and still under warranty. So, they carried out the work free of charge for me, but did tell me that the part did cost 6 thousand pounds too.

Perhaps talk to Audi UK as this is a "not fit for purpose" case in my mind...