Lots of front wheel spin? S3

Robert Williams

Reaction score
As the title suggests i am getting a lot of wheel spin from the front wheels under heavy acceleration. I tried using launch control but i just got one massive wheel spin.

Has anyone experienced this before and solved the problem?

Thanks

Well considering its never done it before and the tyres have plenty of life left in them would suggest more than that. I don't drive like a lunatic to make it spin.

As the title suggests i am getting a lot of wheel spin from the front wheels under heavy acceleration. I tried using launch control but i just got one massive wheel spin.

Has anyone experienced this before and solved the problem?

Thanks

Is it a quattro?

ok maybe i shouldnt have assumed that. Yes it is a 2011 S3 8P Quattro.

Haldex may not be engaging by the sounds of it. Have a search on the forum as this was discussed previously. I seem to remember something to do with either the haldex pump being broken or haldex fuse, but can't remember off the top of my head.

Either way, it shouldn't do that. Even at stg2+ my S3 hooked up pretty well.

Haldex may not be engaging by the sounds of it. Have a search on the forum as this was discussed previously. I seem to remember something to do with either the haldex pump being broken or haldex fuse, but can't remember off the top of my head.

Either way, it shouldn't do that. Even at stg2+ my S3 hooked up pretty well.

Thanks, i did think it wasn't right. The fuse is still good so must be something else. Question is will it be ok to drive for now?

Thanks, i did think it wasn't right. The fuse is still good so must be something else. Question is will it be ok to drive for now?
Not sure bud... Personally, I'd avoid driving it until someone who knows what they are doing had a look at it as driving it won't be helping. At the very least get it scanned for errors as it might give you a hint as to why it's not working.

Great. Well driving it back from Germany on friday regardless so if you dont hear fom me again ill be somewhere between there and Dorset. ha

All done at a cost of £471 :rage: Yea parts were about £280ish and labour about £170ish. Hate it when its always plus VAT too. If i wanted to know the price before VAT id ask! :expressionless:

On looking at the old pump it looks piece of **** to do so i wish id had a bash myself:tearsofjoy:

Oh well it works now and at least i'm not bitter or anything:sweatsmile:...

Reactions: ron burgandy, grainqey, leshkin and 2 others
Hey guys I have a 2016 s3 all standard. I noticed that it suddenly went from awd too fwd. So I have had the haldex pump replaced under warranty. Got the car back and the prop shaft collapsed. So went back to audi and had new propshaft plus new rear diff under warranty. Car is still spinning front wheels aggressively. If I do launch control the car doesnt even move stays on the spot spinning the front wheels and smoke coming from tyres its that aggressive. It's in audi again. I Shown the technician what happens on launch control as they are not allowed to do launches on customers cars. But he didnt day much surely he must know exactly what is causing this. All I'm seeing is haldex pump causes this issue ive got brand new one plus propshaft and new rear diff still not fixed the issue. Any ideas what else could cause this. Have seen transfer box could cause it. Just want some info on this problem. Cheers

Newbie here, my Audi A3 Quattro spins all the time but on the ramp all 4 wheels do spin in 1st gear all be it drivers side slower than the rest? Any ideas?