Lots of bits done today!!

g00se

Reaction score
Some of you may have seen i put of few posts on another thread, so I thought I'd start my own :)

With my Nurburgring trip planned for early Sept, I dropped my S4 in @ JTech this morning with this boot full of goodies:
View attachment 18863
Front and rear EBC dimpled/grooved disks, and matching EBC yellows (ignore the green boxes!), blue HEL braided hoses (to match my blue H&R springs lol), upgraded brake fluid, and a blue "street" Apikol poly snub mount.

I waited there whilst they whipped the bumper off, and i grabbed these bad-boys and took them home to de-tango the corners:
View attachment 18864
Before
Cc mod 2
During
Cc mod 3
After

Each light took about an hour.. tomorrow morning I will re-fit the lights and bumper and re-post a finished pic.

Also got confirmation that my 034 Motorsport 25mm Rear ARB has been ordered from the US, and should arrive in a few weeks... will keep you posted!

Comments welcome.

Cheers,

goose

Reactions: TOM.S
Those were some nice looking lights. They look even better de-tangoed. A good and worthwhile mod. I want DRL's in mine but those devil eyes and after market replacements look stupid and tacky. Thinking on taking a light project on and converting my own to have DRL's.I assume you took the lenses off since there is a heat gun there?Were the lenses easy enough to take off with the heat gun without marking or damaging? And were they easy to go back on?

Those were some nice looking lights. They look even better de-tangoed. A good and worthwhile mod. I want DRL's in mine but those devil eyes and after market replacements look stupid and tacky. Thinking on taking a light project on and converting my own to have DRL's.I assume you took the lenses off since there is a heat gun there?Were the lenses easy enough to take off with the heat gun without marking or damaging? And were they easy to go back on?

Cheers kev boy - yeah easy'ish, just got to go slow.. once you have the lights out, pop off the rubber strap, undo the 5 retaining clips and then slowly heat the sealed edge with the heat gun for 5/10 mins (thankfuly i didnt melt anything!). grab 2x cloths and slowly ease apart, if it doesnt open then heat a tad more. once open, the hard bit starts.. the orange caps are tougher than they look, and i had to go at them with a dremel cutting disks in order for them to give way and come out. then give the insides a good clean, pop in the new shiny silvery orange bulbs, re-heat the black glue on the light and lense and push back together and re-clip and re-strap... about 1hr per light.

now im back in love with my bi-directional xenons :kissmyrings:

goose

Last edited:
car is looking great my only bug bear and i mean its tiny if it is anything. Is your number plate level or are my eyes playing silly buggers.

Head lights look fantastic must get to it myself sometime..

car is looking great my only bug bear and i mean its tiny if it is anything. Is your number plate level or are my eyes playing silly buggers.

Head lights look fantastic must get to it myself sometime..

I think thats just the angle of the iblower dangle.. trust me, a wonky number plate would make me loose sleep lol!

cheers

goose

very nice set of goodies :D, where did you get the snub mount from?

thanks - i got it direct from JHM in the US (Snub Mount, Polyurethane, (Apikol) for B6-B7-C5-C6 Chassis - JH Motorsports Inc. - -- JHM. Shifting) when i was getting some other bits and peices.. its been sat in the garage for ages waiting to go on. i didnt realise that its a easy mod for most B7s except for the S4 because of the size of the V8, the front bumper has to come off.. with the other engines in the range you can squeeze it up and in between the front of the engine.

how to here: Apikol Snub Install - Pics --->

cheers

goose

EDIT: I havent done many miles as yet, but you can defo feel a slightly more direct shift whilst changing.. ie less wiggle, if that makes sense.. it almost feels like my old HPA short shifter i had on my R32 (except without the short throw!).. am concidering the Apikol rear diff mount now... Rear Diff Mount (Apikol) Polyurethane, B6-B7-C6 Chassis - JH Motorsports Inc. - -- JHM. Shifting

Just been told by Eddie @ WOT Motorsport that my 034 rear ARB has landed in the British Isles... cant wait to get this on and go find some twisties WOOHOO!!

goose :racer:

Just been told by Eddie @ WOT Motorsport that my 034 rear ARB has landed in the British Isles... cant wait to get this on and go find some twisties WOOHOO!!

goose :racer:

just had a Friday delivery..

034 ARB

shame my indy cant fit it till Monday :(

goose

can someone please tell me what can be achieved from changing the arb, it appears everyone has done this mod but me. :uhm:

can someone please tell me what can be achieved from changing the arb, it appears everyone has done this mod but me. :uhm:

Larger diameter rear anti roll bars combat understeer, while reducing body roll under hard cornering.

No upgrade in the front is needed on the nose-heavy B7. The addition of a stiffer front bar introduces even more push, requiring an even bigger bar in the back!

goose