Lost My Keys

jaceyq

Reaction score
Hi need help lost my keys and have no spare keys .. Where do I start :: anyone have any ideas who to call other than Audi as they prices may be too high . Let me know thanks ..

I 95% I lost them in the house look every where but cNnot seem to find it ... The keys probably throw it in a corner I don't know . Just cannot wait looking for them ..
How I go about with The house insurance ..

Phone them up.... But will depend on what type of house insurance policy you have if they cover car keys

If your house keys are on the same ring the insurers will insist on changing those locks too.

Might be worthwhile doing a house spring clean this weekend ;)

This is why I pay £10 a year for a lost key policy on my car insurance

And this is why I keep my audi warranty running and plan to do so for the full 7 years......key cover. Full replacement of lost, stolen or broken keys including the cost of changing locks.

;-)

Most of these cars started life with 3-off keys, buying a car secondhand with only one key is okay, but the next money being spent should really be on getting the missing one or two keys deleted which will be done when you get the second (new) key coded. Only turnip heads stick with one key and spend money of other things, crap will happen but - maybe each to their own!

Edit:- I'm not trying to kick the OP when they are down, but really trying to use this unfortunate incident to make others with only one key think about doing something about it!

Last edited:
True I understand but only when something like this happen really make u think twice I need a second key so once I get this one sorted I will get a spare key most def.... Thanks tho ..

Remember if it comes to the worst - ie keys never appear and you go to Audi etc, you should really go for the two keys right away as if you don't then go back for a second key later, you will end up paying for the programming twice.

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Only turnip heads stick with one key and spend money of other things, crap will happen but - maybe each to their own!

There are not many forums where someone can say that to another member and not get a load of abuse in return ;)

What a calm, collected, sophisticated lot us B8 owners must be :) :)

Reactions: TonyH38 and Brennan
Because look at the cars we are driving sophicated cars that say a lot about our standards and behaviour .. So know need to be rude when advice is being given .. All good ..

Reactions: Brennan
just call an auto locksmith

most can come to you open the car code a key cut a blade and get you up and running in no time

home insurance if you have cover will get you to pay out in full then claim back from them.

some will send someone out for you.

theres a lad on here that does all this tom I cant rember his fill name on here.

but normaly around the 170 price for a key coded to the car. B8 can be more tricky but can be done.

Ok cool .. To change the locks easy or big hassle .:

don't change locks just have a key made and coded they will code old key out

Reactions: SI-W85
There are not many forums where someone can say that to another member and not get a load of abuse in return ;)

What a calm, collected, sophisticated lot us B8 owners must be :) :)

Guilty as charged! I did add a slight "softener" at the end though! Though I firmly believe having only one key is a problem waiting to happen!

Because look at the cars we are driving sophicated cars that say a lot about our standards and behaviour .. So know need to be rude when advice is being given .. All good ..

Well, my wife says "on the TV, whenever you see someone driving a black Audi - you know that they are the baddies!" - unfortunately this seems to be very true, so the telly program makers - for BBC and ITV see Audis as being that, now that is not fair! BTW, I keep reminding my wife that my car is not black, it is just very dark blue as can be proved in very strong sunlight. Why can't they just stick with using black X5s!

Well, my wife says "on the TV, whenever you see someone driving a black Audi - you know that they are the baddies!" - unfortunately this seems to be very true, so the telly program makers - for BBC and ITV see Audis as being that, now that is not fair! BTW, I keep reminding my wife that my car is not black, it is just very dark blue as can be proved in very strong sunlight. Why can't they just stick with using black X5s!
i often get mistaken for a drug dealer :lmfao:

Reactions: SI-W85
Got my keys yesterday sorted ... From a locksmith ... So I am up and running like brand new .. Thanks