Lost 'My Audi' Linked Features - Is It Me or Audi?

DickiePhitt

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
From April 2017 up until Aug/Sept this year I was able to do useful functions on my PC/laptop such as send destinations to the S5 from Google Maps, Download PocketGPSWorld speed camera databases and send them to the car from My Audi.
Suddenly this stopped and My Audi (on PC) tells me all my data functions are on, yet there is now no way to import/send POI information to the car. The 'send destination to car' option has also ceased on Google Maps (yes it was there on the MMI Connect App last time I looked but....)

OK its irritating, but its not Brexit, however I've been expecting there to have been some outspoken comment on this forum. The lack of it makes me question whether I am missing something or is it really the case that Audi have unilaterally pulled a load of useful (well it was to me) functionality?

I read elsewhere that the MMI Connect App has been savaged so maybe it has become Audi policy to annoy connected customers.

I'm sure somebody can put me right.

You will find at least a couple of posts about this going back to when the myAudi site was in beta, Audi claim functionality will be restored at some stage but no time frames available. You will also find a lot of comments in the posts about sending speed camera locations from pocketgps world etc with some workarounds.

Yeah MMI Connect is being retired in favour of myAudi (which is the worse if the two IMHO). Audi, in there wisdom, decided to throw half developed BETA versions of there sites and apps out into the world instead of waiting till they were finished and a number of function such as sending POIs to the car and editing RSS feeds have gone.

As @DarkyUK says, they say that these functions will be restored in time but it’s a bit of a joke. Whoever made these decisions within Audi needs sacked to be honest.

You can still insert your PocketGPS World POIs the traditional way by putting them on an SD card (or USB stick I think) and importing them from the MMI itself. Have a search online and you’ll fine the instructions you need.

You can still insert your PocketGPS World POIs the traditional way by putting them on an SD card (or USB stick I think) and importing them from the MMI itself. Have a search online and you’ll fine the instructions you need.

Yeah used to do that with the S3. I did try that once but came to the conclusion that the S5 can't import from SD card as the options were greyed out on the menu. After all you can push the POIs to the car can't you ,not? Anyone with an S5 tell me I'm wrong please do.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

In my case this has lead to me vowing not to have another Audi when the lease is up in March - iPace on order.

MMI on all A5s are the same. The S5 can import from SD and can have POIs pushed to it.

MMI on all A5s are the same. The S5 can import from SD and can have POIs pushed to it.

But, like others are reporting, even using the Mcaddy route, the MMI states 'the data is outdated or not compatible' when trying the USB (SD cards greyed out).
Can push a single POI using phone app but am talking about the POI camera database with a few thousand entries.

But, like others are reporting, even using the Mcaddy route, the MMI states 'the data is outdated or not compatible' when trying the USB (SD cards greyed out).
Can push a single POI using phone app but am talking about the POI camera database with a few thousand entries.

Well you can’t current push multiple POIs until Audi sort their **** out with the website but you can do it via the SD card route. I have an RS5. My mate has an S5 and my business partner has a Q7. Ive done the SD card route on the both of their cars and did the website pish method before Audi borked the site.

Yeah MMI Connect is being retired in favour of myAudi (which is the worse if the two IMHO).
I agree, I prefer the layout/colours of the old one better, the new one looks boring:

Boring