loss of power???

matbomb

Reaction score
I was driving the other halfs 55 plate 2.0TDI with ST3 road race map (remapped 2 months ago) on the M25 last night and was doing about 80mph up a slight incline when the pull of the engine just went.
I dipped the clutch and reved the engine oK, but it was driving as though the turbo was not cutting in or only the first 20% of the throttle worked, so I continued at 70mph but the car felt as though it had no guts.

I came off the M25 and turned the ignition off/on and the car was fine, I did another 120miles with out fault, any ideas??? :huh:

It`s called limp home mode. Basically the engine noticed something was wrong ie over boosting etc and went into safety mode. As long as it`s only a one off it`s nothing to worry about on a remapped car if it keeps happening best get either the engine or the map looked at.

Over boosting? I must admit I can hear what I believe is a dump valve alot more since the remap. Yeah I thought I would keep an eye on it and maybe put the original map back on if this keeps happening to see if it then stops. Hopfully just a one off thing.