Loss of power after panel filter fitment?

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Fitted my old K&N panel from my last A4 and noticed straight away that the car felt less torquey. Swapped back to the old factory filter and it's back.

Are cone filters any good on these cars (AEB 1.8T) and what about the MAFF fouling issue with oiled filters?

It could always be that your k&n is dirty and clogged, how long is it since the filter was cleaned? hope that helps:icon_thumright:

see post above yours for best options

cone filters are no good on the 1.8T, mine is causing serious restrictions. and any filter with oil . eg k&n has the potential to screw up the MAF.

nice noise though!

Leave the OE one in, IIRC the best results have been from OE filters and boxes with an additional cold air feed from the bottom of the airbox to the bumper

We did some testing on a White TT once (yes Wak) The car is better know as Whitte. Wak has a mod he calls the Wak Box. This mod is a very old one but we will let Wak think he invented it :). All you do is drill large holes in the bottom of the air box. This make the noise everyone wants and what is more depressing it seems to make a little more power. I think in some very un-scientific testing on a rolling road on after noon the car had 11 more bhp.

If you want to know more contact Wak or Morgan at VagCheck.

Admin

Administrators said:
We did some testing on a White TT once (yes Wak) The car is better know as Whitte. Wak has a mod he calls the Wak Box. This mod is a very old one but we will let Wak think he invented it :). All you do is drill large holes in the bottom of the air box. This make the noise everyone wants and what is more depressing it seems to make a little more power. I think in some very un-scientific testing on a rolling road on after noon the car had 11 more bhp.

If you want to know more contact Wak or Morgan at VagCheck.

Admin
Cheeky ****** lol
1. The Mod was named by the Forum members....

2. Holes were cut in specific places to perfect the Audio Nirvana that it makes not as you put it go all Driller Killer on the box! :blow:

3. It may be old but but the name is patented, you can call your design Swiss Cheese box if you like!

4. I may be old but at least I remember it was testing on a certain R32 which gained a healthy bhp figure! :respekt:

5. Depressing was your face and self denial, looked like this > :wtf: and then :scared2: and then :3sadwalk: and then:wtf: again!

:p

well i got a universal filter on it was rubbing on bodywork so got a whole replaced with a k+n sounded NO different NO differnce in performance but cost 3X as much!!!!!!! plus a good chance of causing problems with maf. SO what i want to know is as i dont HAVE ANY OF the orginal air box set up at all i binned it. yes i know stupid. WHAT is my best option? carbon firbe cylider ones or buy new stock set up piping and box?