loss of boost

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
since the weather has become very cold my boost has dropped off 3 psi, is this normal??? the car still seems to go well but just concerned as i thought the colder air would help the car not drop the boost off??

i thought the same Kev, although if you imagine the pressure in an aerosol, it increases with heat, not sure if this will result in a drop of that size though

or have i got a slight boost leak and only noticable on peak boost????

Boost will drop in cold weather. ME7.x ECU is airflow and load based. As cold air is more dense and fuel more combustable, you'll get the same power for less actual boost even though cylinder VE will be the same. The ECU adjusts for this.

Boost will drop in cold weather. ME7.x ECU is airflow and load based. As cold air is more dense and fuel more combustable, you'll get the same power for less actual boost even though cylinder VE will be the same. The ECU adjusts for this.
cheers turbo brain box, i wondered if youd reply to this thread, cheers for putting my mind at ease

im still slightly concerned about this loss of boost problem, as since i asked the question we have had some much nicer days and some warmer weather yet still im only getting peak boost of around 18-19psi where as i was getting upto 24psi before.
i have pm'd custom code on here about this issue but they would like the car to check it over i guess they want to put it on vag.com but this only makes me think there may be a problem??