Loose Wheel Bolt Caps No More

pjeffe9172

Reaction score
Good evening everyone,

Ever since I’ve had my RS4 the wheel bolt cap on the locking wheel bolts were all fairly loose. They used to come out when pressure washing the wheels.

Inevitably two came off driving through some of this rain we’ve had recently. I looked online and found people selling them for £20 as a set, and strangely the only genuine I could find fame from Eastern Europe. I did a parts request for part number 4MO 601 173 C. Crewe Audi kindly quoted me £3.00 posted per cap.

Being distraught that my 6 month old Rs4 had 2 missing caps I could not wait so phoned my local Audi dealership. He said we’ve got loads in stock at £1.05 each and he had a lot of people asking for replacements. I bought 4 to have a couple spare. As soon as I got out to the car park I put them on and noticed they were a much tighter fit. Comparing the two the plastic seems a little thicker on the new ones. Needless to say the other two were replaced pronto....

Anyway long story short - if your nut caps are loose (oo-er missus) get a couple of quid out and get some of Audi’s new stock.

..........i found the same when i had my RS3. Lost a few & after fitting the replacements from my local Audi they were perfect.

I remember seeing this Cuke thanks. It was just the locking wheel ones on mine, different code. I don’t remember seeing genuine sets on amazon either.....

No worries...
Wheel

Got mine replaced under warranty after complaining - was the principle rather than the 78p each from Bristol Audi.

Anyway, new ones have not come off and they are a tight fit, so definitely different.

Blob of "blue tac'' placed on the end of the wheel nut/bolt also does thejob if you are a bit tight:wink new::whistle2:

Haha, if you're a teacher then it would need to be Velcro as it is a teacher's best friend. But that might make them stick out a tad..