loose seats

mark a4 tdi

Reaction score
dose anyone have the same problem. my 2front seats are loose but tot where you bolt them to the chassi but on the frame where you adjust them any idea how to sort this problem. thanks

dose anyone have the same problem. my 2front seats are loose but tot where you bolt them to the chassi but on the frame where you adjust them any idea how to sort this problem. thanks

Had a problem when I first bought my car - was strange that the seat tilted forward with a front passenger on braking! Closer inspection revealed the seat was pretty loose and actually wonky in some positions.

Found that there was a bolt missing on the frame towards the front inner side. A standard bolt could not be used as the head was to fat and would interfere with the moving frame mechanism. Used a standard allen-bolt and file the head down quite away - access was a pain but managed to resolve a fix. Seat considerably stiffer after this.

About a year after that fix also found that some large hinge bolt/rivet were also bent or deformed on the opposite side of the frame on the front outside of the passenger seat. My guess was that this pivot point was damaged owing to the original bolt being missing on the other side. Had to cut this pivot fixing out with a hacksaw blade - absolute pain to get to with the seat in but did manage it eventually. Had to make up pivot point with various bits and pieces in the garage but fixed this problem too. (Again a filed down allun bolt, metal sleeve and nut!)

My seat are Sports leather seats so not sure if you have the same frames?