Loose roof lining (People with sunroof)

STERLING VOID

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Anyone else experience a tapping noise coming from the roof lining when driving on bumpy roads?

For the past couple of month I have noticed an irritating "tapping or creaking" noise coming from the roof lining near the rear view mirror on the passenger side. I notice that when I apply some pressure then the noise stops. At first i thought there was a wire loose in the interior lamp and switch box and it turned out that wasn't the case. I then opened the sunroof completely and wedged a piece of plastic to hold the roof lining tight against the body and don't notice the noise anymore. Would love to know if anyone else had this symptom and what was the correct steps taken to sort the issue out.

SV

Touch wood (hand to head) mine's been ok so far. Not sure you can look in to see these clips but maybe apply pressure in these areas in case one has worked it's way loose ......

RpPMnf5V

Reactions: Jassyo06
Thanks for the diagram I am certain that the noise is coming from the circled (well, ovaled) area

. it seems to behold fine against the body of the car on the driver side, but that troublesome side is a bit loose and i think it may be whopped :(

Attachments

• PRH (1).jpg
    PRH (1).jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 147
Hmm looks like this area of the handling is only held in place by the sun visor mountings.

I'd be inclined to remove the sun visor light and push some cloth or foam in between the headliner and roof panel then refit the light.

I have A6 2014, and the noise i hear is sqeeking from the ceiling. It drives me crazy.