Loose Drivers Seat

Ad72

Reaction score
I've notice that my drivers seat seems a little loose and I can feel it move slightly (side to side) whilst driving. For instance coming off a roundabout as the weight of the car moves the seat sometimes clicks to one side ever so slightly. I have raised the base a little using the electric adjustment and that cured it for a while but now it's started again in that position. I know it's under warranty but just wanted opinions and possible fixes before the dealer start taking my car to bits. It's a Aug 2016 A6 Allroad Bitdi with half leather seats. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I have this issue as well, only on the drivers seat and not on front passenger side. I don't have a solution unfortunately and haven't investigated this since it doesn't annoy me, yet! It doesn't happen with every change of direction, and in my case it is only a very slight movement - as you say more of a weight transfer than a sideways motion, and a quiet click/clunk when it occurs. Car was registered July 2016 (model year 2017) so electric memory seats standard, not sure if that is a factor. Will probably wait until first service to get it checked.

Sounds like it's a standard feature!! As you say not all the time and only a slight click/clunk. My car is also a MY2017 with Elec memory seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is starting to annoy me now, have found the source of the noise and its the back of the seat base/cushion moving side to side. If I sit in the seat and brace my self with my left foot on the rest I can transfer my weight and make the noise. I have packed half a microfibre polishing cloth into each side of the joint which has reduced it by about 75%. Not sure if I should put up with it or let the dealer loose!!

Ok that's useful, will see if mine does the same but sounds like it might be a fairly easy fix - e.g. tightening the fastening joint or some kind of insert/split washer to reduce the side to side play? I think I'll still wait until first service to get it looked at though as dealer location is not too convenient for me to drop off car for these relatively minor issues.