Loom plug pin removal method.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Today I retro fitted a glovebox cd changer , all went well until I noticed the original loom plug (blue) had only one wire , the k-line .
As that's need to be retained I assume it need to be removed from the outer plug casing and then refitted into the same plug assignment (currently vacant) in the cd changer loom.
All very well but how does one extract the pin without damage.

VZFW3553

any thoughts chaps.

I did that but that only removes the locking outer cover , how does one extract the pin & wire from the black holder.

I used one of the wifes metal hair grips, just snipped the end bits off to get a straight section, strong enough and the perfect size to fit in the gap to release the pin.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I used one of the wifes metal hair grips, just snipped the end bits off to get a straight section, strong enough and the perfect size to fit in the gap to release the pin.
sounds like a plan, will try it tomorrow and report back.:thumbs up:

Try popping down the little blue tab on the blue connector casing, the black inner should slide out. The pins may be the easy to remove type or the difficult buggers.

As said above a hair clip can come in handy or a paper clip will also work. If your feeling fancy you could invest in some terminal tools if you do plenty of electrical work.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
They are the tricky little buggers , trying my patients at the moment.

mission completed, used a very thin prong.:icon thumright:

Reactions: AvantAlexB7 and AvantMike
thanks for the replies guys , always very welcomed assistance:yes: