1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues - 21/07/18

Please accept our apologies for difficulties you may be experiencing using the site today.
    We are aware of a technical issue and are working to resolve it. There may be more brief outages; we will aim to keep disruption to a minimum, but unfortunately some is inevitable in order to resolve the issue with minimum delay.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to restock

Radford212 Jul 5, 2018

1. Radford212

Radford212 Well-Known Member saloon Audi A4 Black Edition S-line owners group

I’m beginning to run low on products and there is so much choice out there, I’m a bit stuck on what to get. What brands are you all using / swear by / avoid at all costs?

I’ve got the majority of stuff like 2 buckets, a DAS 6, Snow foam lance etc.

I’m after new drying towels, micro fibre cloths, shampoo’s, pads & compounds etc etc

You get the idea people :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

Scholl concepts
    S20, S30 Gold xxl, S40
    Chemical guys Green,Orange, white pads

4. Jimbob76

Jimbob76 Active Member

Bilt Hamber Auto Foam, Auto Wash, Auto Wheel and Double Speed Wax - rate all of these as effective, great value for money and UK made

Fireball Tyre Wax (blue).
    Bouncers Done and Dusted quick detailer
    Silverback drying towel
    £5 microfibre wash mitt from Halfords!
    Beer

Taxboy likes this.
  5. Audib5fan

Audib5fan 4 rings <3

Silverback towel or kiln Korea or gyeon good towels I have found but all depends how much you want to spend on all this stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Radford212

Is that what you’ve used on your S3? How many of each pad did you use?

I’ve seen s few people on hear say how good Bilt Hamber stuff is, will have a look & see what’s what.

Umm, I’m not opposed to spending a bit of money but not silly amounts if that makes sense?

Audib5fan likes this.
  7. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

You'll use 2 green pads for mild correction, you could get by with just one but you'd shorten the life span of it, so best use 2,white polishing pads... you'll use only 1.. and the white polishing pads are bloody brilliant, rate them even higher than the green heavy polishing pads, the orange pads are for badly swirled/scratched paint in conjuction with S30 xxl gold
    White pad =S40
    Green pad =S20
    Orange pad =S30

8. Radford212

Cheers, will have a gander tomorrow. What are you using as your final stage protection?

9. Audib5fan

Audib5fan 4 rings <3

Yeah I agree bilt hamber do good products

I think that they are priced ok for what you getting, there is cheaper towels on amazon or eBay but not as good imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. jassyo06

Used ultra high definition wax last weekend on the bonnet and wings and front bumper topped off the full car with bouncers Done and Dusted... Of which l recommend highly, its a quartz based QD.. .which in turn gives a really high gloss finish, used the same products on my mum's Daytona A1 and looked spectacular DSC_0407.JPG

Radford212 and Audib5fan like this.
  11. Radford212

Why did you use UHD on the front and not on the whole car? I keep hearing good things about D&D. Asides from the nice gloss finish you get, what’s the bearing like? Car looks fantastic btw.

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. jassyo06

I polished the bonnet and wings, front bumper to remove the existing wax fusion, then l applied UHD, l never had the time or energy to do the rest of the car mate, done and dusted will last 3 weeks max

Jimbob76 likes this.