Looking to change from the S3 to the RS3

http://dcc-1.audi.de/controller;jse...tomcat00?event-new-conf=1&mandant=dcc-uk-audi

Audi dealer Configurator with RS3 and all the other models.

Also much easier to use than the consumer facing configurator!?!?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Much prefer the Audi configurator....as it says whats on the Tin as far as options go,to be honest if yer gonnae order a RS3....
Maxresdefault

Reactions: TDI-line and Tom.H
Also has TTRS on there which isn't available on standard configurator. The poster who found that in the RS3 forum found a real cool benefit for us here no matter which car you order.

Just a minor observation - tyre pressure monitoring has been a legal requirement on all EU cars since November 2014 so how come Audi want to charge £250 for it. Something not right there. So there I've saved you £250 from the £58,000 invoice price .....

Just a minor observation - tyre pressure monitoring has been a legal requirement on all EU cars since November 2014 so how come Audi want to charge £250 for it. Something not right there. So there I've saved you £250 from the £58,000 invoice price .....

I think deflation detection systems became law... Use rolling resistance to work out if one tyre is rolling slower than the others and therefore is deflated. Useless really for general monitoring as it needs quite a drop (puncture) before it alerts.

The actual TPMS option, I believe, will tell you actual psi readings from a sensor on each wheel (not a legal requirement) which is much more accurate

Isn't tyre pressure monitoring standard in the S3? My car has it and it worked when a tyre was changed and under inflated. Of course the system only works properly if all 4 tyres are correctly inflated and the value stored in the MMI. It isn't useless -the tyre was not flat.

I have hired cars with "proper" TPMS. This can be very annoying especially if the car is driven to significant altitude. Since I have often hired cars in the Alps the wretched pressure warnings go off all the time when driving over alpine passes.

I think deflation detection systems became law... Use rolling resistance to work out if one tyre is rolling slower than the others and therefore is deflated. Useless really for general monitoring as it needs quite a drop (puncture) before it alerts.

The actual TPMS option, I believe, will tell you actual psi readings from a sensor on each wheel (not a legal requirement) which is much more accurate

That must be a change on FL cars then as PFL just has the basic system you describe (which actually uses data from the ABS system and is the minimum required by law). I'd not seen this change for FL cars which shows the actual tyre pressures. Can someone upload an image of what new owners see please?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68
That must be a change on FL cars then as PFL just has the basic system you describe (which actually uses data from the ABS system and is the minimum required by law). I'd not seen this change for FL cars which shows the actual tyre pressures. Can someone upload an image of what new owners see please?

No change, I've just looked and all you do is basically confirm when you've set your pressures to what you want, so basically it'll just be looking for a loss between what they're set at and what they go down to (if they do) it doesn't actually show you pressures.

Reactions: azibux1, Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
No change, I've just looked and all you do is basically confirm when you've set your pressures to what you want, so basically it'll just be looking for a loss between what they're set at and what they go down to (if they do) it doesn't actually show you pressures.

Yes for the current S3 that's right and the system does work. It's actually quite sensitive to a discrepancy. The system is "indirect TPMS" -it does not actually monitor pressure but measures the rotational speed of the wheels. An under inflated tyre is slightly smaller so rotates faster. "Direct TPMS" actually measures the tyre pressure. There are advantages and disadvantages to both systems.

Last edited:
Reactions: AL_B, azibux1 and Audi Bairn
Recently talking to a dealership about changing my car, the comment was thrown in "From what you say it may be better looking at this again in early July as new Quarter 3 finance rates will be loaded". What is your take on that comment guys?

Hmmm! So what are they charging £250 for?? :astonished:

Recently talking to a dealership about changing my car, the comment was thrown in "From what you say it may be better looking at this again in early July as new Quarter 3 finance rates will be loaded". What is your take on that comment guys?
Loaded what does that term mean exactly

Loaded what does that term mean exactly
No idea, saying wait until July would imply that they are going to either throw more at the cars in terms of the Audi contribution or lower the % rate!!!

He did say you can lock your car in now and if the deal gets better we switch you to it, if it gets worse we keep you on the one you signed up with.

As you know almost ordered the A5 coupe, but I've switched cars more times than anything lol, a mate of mine is looking at the A4 black edition. After looking at it myself it's a decent deal, low APR, big chunk from Audi, practical, lots of kit as standard, maybe I should go the sensible option!!! Too much choice that's the problem :)

A5 vs A4 black edition:

Hmmm

No idea, saying wait until July would imply that they are going to either throw more at the cars in terms of the Audi contribution or lower the % rate!!!

He did say you can lock your car in now and if the deal gets better we switch you to it, if it gets worse we keep you on the one you signed up with.

As you know almost ordered the A5 coupe, but I've switched cars more times than anything lol, a mate of mine is looking at the A4 black edition. After looking at it myself it's a decent deal, low APR, big chunk from Audi, practical, lots of kit as standard, maybe I should go the sensible option!!! Too much choice that's the problem :)

A5 vs A4 black edition:

View attachment 129042
Black edition looks smart but for me, White's a no no....on a saloon

Reactions: Rob2k68 and MattSedg
Black edition looks smart but for me, White's a no no....on a saloon
I saw an A6 BE the last time I was in a dealership in white, looked well nice. I feel the white/black is a good combo:

media

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
I saw an A6 BE the last time I was in a dealership in white, looked well nice. I feel the white/black is a good combo:

media
Don't be fooled it's them 20 " alloys that make that car lol

Deploying the full on TPMS system requires transponders in the wheel usually at the tyre valves and receivers either mounted to the bumper or wheel arch liner - to do this mid cycle would be a PITA and would generally only be deployed if there became a change in legislation.

The wife’s Tucson has the full fat system and it’s quite neat being able to see the psi for each wheel in the DIS.

Reactions: azibux1 and Jassyo06
Deploying the full on TPMS system requires transponders in the wheel usually at the tyre valves and receivers either mounted to the bumper or wheel arch liner - to do this mid cycle would be a PITA and would generally only be deployed if there became a change in legislation.

The wife’s Tucson has the full fat system and it’s quite neat being able to see the psi for each wheel in the DIS.

Awesome knowledge mate....lol................

Thought this thread was about going from a RS3.....to .......a S3......LOL

Wee confession....had a couple sherbets last night...emailed dealer asking to change my order to a RS3....lol l did ye know....woke up this morning....then it dawned on me what l had done....lol
Quickly emailed him back....apologising and asked him to stay with original......lol.....

not had a can of beer for over A month....lol knocked me sideways....lol

it would only take another £2k on top of my deposit for the S3....to get a nice spec RS3.....BUT NO....l dont need one....

Last edited:
Reactions: BarryG79 and Rob2k68
Thought this thread was about going from a RS3.....to .......a S3......LOL

Wee confession....had a couple sherbets last night...emailed dealer asking to change my order to a RS3....lol l did ye know....woke up this morning....then it dawned on me what l had done....lol
Quickly emailed him back....apologising and asked him to stay with original......lol.....

not had a can of beer for over month....lol knocked me sideways....lol

it would only take another £2k on top of my deposit for the S3....to get a nice spec RS3.....BUT NO....l dont need one....

LoL that’s funny mate hope you’ve learned you’re lesson to drink more often :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Would love to have been a fly on the wall in the dealers office this morning when he fired up his email ‘Jassy, what the £&@?!!!.........’

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
LoL that’s a funny mate hope you’ve learned you’re lesson to drink more often :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Would love to have been a fly on the wall in the dealers office this morning when he fired up his email ‘Jassy, what the £&@?!!!.........’

LOL...Dont think l would have been his fave client.....if he had to go through a new order process again...lol After all its how a car looks is whats more important to me than how it sounds mate and thats why l chose the Voodoo....

There's a lot of wasted money on that hypothetical options spec,pre sense basic,side assist,TPMS,Carbon engine cover,Carbon inlays

To be fair I probably wouldn't spec the carbon stuff I just wanted to see what it looked like as I am not actually about to buy an RS3.

In 6 months maybe; but right now with my S3 Saloon sitting in Sheerness (well I hope it is the boat left but status hasn't changed) I am not going to do that.

But I always spec all the safety features; every single one as I have done on my S3. I believe that if I am going to have a powerful car then it should be as safe as possible. And on my R with Side assist; ACC; Lane assist and something similar that auto brakes if you don't I know they have saved me from plenty of little accidents over the last year.

Reactions: Jassyo06
LOL...Dont think l would have been his fave client.....if he had to go through a new order process again...lol After all its how a car looks is whats more important to me than how it sounds mate and thats why l chose the Voodoo....
Have a voodoo RS3,that would look and sound awesome

The big rumour is that the new RS3 has had its exhaust slightly toned down, some existing RS3 owners have said they've been called in for a 'software update' and come out feeling like the exhaust was tamer, going videos of performance exhaust RS3 saloons on the web I'd have to agree it's not quite so raw sounding as the current pre facelift RS3's

I am starting to be more and more on the fence about the RS3, starting to realise I am not even using the full S3 that often as I don't really get enough of an urge to just go out driving on the back roads. I do not really think an RS3 would make the twisty roads more fun but I will know for sure after a test drive. Most likely something like the BMW M240i would be better as I think that at least would give me more joy when driving.

It is hard to explain what im getting at really, the S3 are doing the corners it just doesn't feel as involving while doing so.

63k on a rs3? :sign omg: I'd rather have a second hand rs4 and have change to spare

Reactions: robps3