looking to buy this car, what do you think?

after a long look on the auto trader, im leaning towards getting the 2.0T and would have to be an quattro, or and 160 BHP model 1.8tfsi, are these good solid engines? mileage will be around the 30-40k mark

And a question for the retrofitters, how easy is it fit retrofit the navigation into one of these models?

Last edited:
Used Audi A4 TFSI S LINE for Sale in Wigan, Lancashire from Alpha Motors (Wigan) Limited, Quality Used Cars

its had 4 services, i questioned regarding cambelt and they assured me its chain driven is this correct?

is this a reasonable price? only thing it doesnt have that i would like is the NAV

Seems a good deal mate. The Sat Nav is nice to have mate, but I spent around 8-9 months looking for one with it and the right colour. They are like rocking horse sh*t especially with the 2.0TFSI engine. At least that one has parking sensors which mine doesnt have! :(

ask NHN about fitting nav

Yeah, my only issue with the ad above, is that its only 120bhp, for such a big car would it not be underpowered? I think I've decided to get a 2.0tfsi Quattro, don't know wether to stick with s tronic or go back to a manual now?

Looks a neat car that Mike. Go with the 2.0Tfsi Quattro good solid engine and the S-Tronic is a very good fast gearbox and the manual is also good, i have a manual because that's what there was available at the time but S-Tronic wouldn't of put me off buying mine.

Retrofiting nav into a B8 is a big job and requires a fair amount of hardware and time to install, it's not like the old B6/B7 platform where the navigation unit just slides into the centre console.

If you want nav I would buy a car with it already fitted, here is a link to kufatec web site which sell the retrofit kits Retrofit kit MMI3G navigation plus Audi A4 8K-39685 so £3K for the parts + any extras you want and then add any labor charges for someone to fit.

Retrofiting nav into a B8 is a big job and requires a fair amount of hardware and time to install, it's not like the old B6/B7 platform where the navigation unit just slides into the centre console.

If you want nav I would buy a car with it already fitted, here is a link to kufatec web site which sell the retrofit kits Retrofit kit MMI3G navigation plus Audi A4 8K-39685 so £3K for the parts + any extras you want and then add any labor charges for someone to fit.

Cheers for the info, looks like ill make sure it has a good spec, to save retrofitting, what's the B&O sound system like?

Seems like a very nice car. Sat nav retro fitting is quiet troublesome, your better off fitting an after market one.

Seen a couple of 09-10 plates, at just under 10k fully specced, issue is there high mileage at 105k, I wouldn't really want to go into buying something with such high mileage, they have full audi service history. What mileage are these capable of before things needing like turbos?

And I suppose it matters how well the owner looks after it, I personally would have 2 oil changes per year one being a stamped dealer/ respectable Indy

nice car but for `15K
you can find a 10 plate

It's so hard not to just buy one, but I need to wait for a good spec that's a petrol Quattro

I'm gonna try get down this weekend and tease with a cash deposit , but realistically they'd have to drop it to 14k and can't see them dropping 2k off asking price

just been on the phone, they would only budge 350 off if paid in cash, i really like the car, as its the colour i wanted and the exact spec i wanted.

Are these timing belts or chains btw?

and in the history would should i be looking for? how often is haldex oil changed? how long is the standard clutch expected to last?

I am pretty sure they are timing belts, somebody correct me if im wrong.
and 38000 miles/4 years for the haldex oil just checked in the service book for you, this is for all models.
The standard clutch should last a long while yet i think.

cheers pal, is it the same engine as yours? being able to reach 300bhp? was yours actually around 250 pre map?

Yep you can get it to 300 Bhp with a Revo remap for £500 with no others mods. It is the same engine as mine.
Not sure i never had mine on a rolling road, but someone has the same remap and got 300 bhp which Revo claim they get "305" so it will be around there give or take when its done.

sorry to butt in.
the 1.8 Tfsi is chain driven.
I have an Identical engine in my A3 8P.
the 120 bhp will remap to the same figures as the 160bhp version.
power was retarded to lower the emissions and tax bracket.

sorry to butt in.
the 1.8 Tfsi is chain driven.
I have an Identical engine in my A3 8P.
the 120 bhp will remap to the same figures as the 160bhp version.
power was retarded to lower the emissions and tax bracket.

do you mean it will remap to 160, or it will remap to the same as what the 160bhp version will go to?

it will remap to 210 plus depending on whonremaps it. an aggressive map like mine with a desent ram air filter should see 230bhp