Looking to buy new Audi S3

Jake Hawkin

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new here, I just wanted to ask a few questions regarding new s3's.

I'm looking to purchase a new Audi S3 and was looking for some tips and tricks on getting the best deal, and would love to hear some of your experiences with buy new audi's, regarding prices and finance etc...

How much did you get knocked off your audi's?

What is the typical wait for a new s3?

Also would love to hear from anyone who owns and s3 and what they're like to drive!!

This would be the first new car I've bought so I'm fairly nervous about it.

Thanks in advance,
Jake

Last edited:
Reactions: SW14NY'S and Jassyo06
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to purchase a new Audi S3 and was looking for some tips and tricks on getting the best deal, and would love to hear some of your experiences with buy new audi's, regarding prices and finance etc...

Also would love to hear from anyone who owns and s3 and what they're like to drive!!

Thanks in advance,
Jake
Hi jake it's a bit of a mine field mate buy a A3/S3 as you have opened up a old box of worm's,l suggest using the search function on the forum,then come back and ask more specific questions but 11% is the best discount but more expensive car bigger the discounts

Reactions: Simon L
Hi and welcome :)

For best discounts try carwow and orangewheels, that will give you an idea of what you can expect to get of from your local dealer. If they don't play ball move to the next dealer, average is around 10-12% on an S3.

Wait depends on what you order anything from a few weeks to 5 months.

S3 is awesome to drive, especially on a very wet day at the lights when some idiot tries to pull away quicker than you :D

Dry day not long after collection, gives you an idea :)

If you are looking to change the car every 2-3 years I'd say go for PCP and keep your money in the bank for other things!

Welcome on board Jake - as said above, best to just have a trawl through the forum and then use search for any specific questions that raises. I can say the S3 is a lovely car, feels really special and pretty damn fast/quick, as well as generally an extremely capable chassis and very quick cross-country. Day-to-day it's as easy to live with on a fast B-road (with some limitations!) as it is on the school run or shopping and it CAN be driven economically when applicable.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
S3 is awesome to drive, especially on a very wet day at the lights when some idiot tries to pull away quicker than you :D

Dry day not long after collection, gives you an idea :)

Ah the Two Mills crossroads...

Reactions: S32B
I received approx 8.5% discount on an A3 through carwow, plus dealer offered £500 deposit contribution.

I'd expect higher for an S3 although I did receive an 11.6% discount from one dealership. After a bit of research however it appears they put it through as a fleet order, so I opted for a dealership closer to home whom I could collect from easily and have good communication from, even though it was a bit less discount.

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance,
Jake

First, look at this pic:
image.jpg

Now read this:
Don't be worried, be informed *points finger and winks* :hi:

Did you read in Morgan Freemans voice?

Ok so on with the thread...

Should hit as a minimum 8.5% (would expect 10% easy otherwise walk away), waiting times are sometimes shaved off by up to two months (mine was).

The car is fantastic to drive and live with though security is a bit of a worry no matter how much time goes on, however you realise no matter what you do it's just securing in your mind not in reality. Some people have fort knox style homes but what if they wait when you're down the road etc

Performance wise it speaks for itself, what car did you or do you have? Don't ask about understeer!!!:readit:

Depending on how you're financing and how you manage it could be worth PCP, outright or deposit and remainder via a low rate loan from bank etc

I've just ordered my s3.
As others have said I got around 11.5% discount which I thought was pretty good!
Placed my order on the 12th of December and have an estimated build week of week 6. Hopefully have the car on the first of March.
Test drove it a couple of times and couldn't make my mind up untill the dearler let me try out the launch control and I was sold

I've just ordered my s3.
As others have said I got around 11.5% discount which I thought was pretty good!
Placed my order on the 12th of December and have an estimated build week of week 6. Hopefully have the car on the first of March.
Test drove it a couple of times and couldn't make my mind up untill the dearler let me try out the launch control and I was sold

I ordered mine on 17th Dec and have the same build week. My dealer says mine should be here around 2nd week of March.

I haven't even driven one yet!! The closest I've been to one is sitting in one on the fore court. I'm sure I'll like it though.

Sure you won't be disappointed, I'm getting shut of a 63 plate Astra Vxr. Couldn't believe how solid and quality it feels compared to the Vauxhall. Just a waiting game now what did spec did you order?

I ordered a s3 on 4th December which was due for March delivery. Salesman phoned me yesterday to tell me 'there is a issue with s3 orders nationally, a product improved a3 out this year so all current s3 orders have been put back until build week 24, which is June'.

Plus side it'll be the new facelift, downside I gotta wait 6months, mayb longer. Luckily I can extend my M135i lease on a rolling monthly basis so I'm happy to wait and receive the new 'facelift' model.

Rubbish,mine is being built now,so no delays

Reactions: SW14NY'S
And my S3 SB is in preparation for build week 03

What did you order....3,4 or 5dr?

Last edited:
Didn't get a build week originally. Put deposit down early December, which he told me would secure my build slot, but didn't go back to sort finance out until 22nd December as have been re-mortgaging my house. Salesman is an old mate from school so wouldn't think he's telling me fibs.

I ordered a s3 on 4th December which was due for March delivery. Salesman phoned me yesterday to tell me 'there is a issue with s3 orders nationally, a product improved a3 out this year so all current s3 orders have been put back until build week 24, which is June'.

Plus side it'll be the new facelift, downside I gotta wait 6months, mayb longer. Luckily I can extend my M135i lease on a rolling monthly basis so I'm happy to wait and receive the new 'facelift' model.

It will be worth the wait mate

Sounds more like they never had an order on their system they could assign to you and have only just submitted your order. My allocated order was made way back in 31/08/15 by the dealership who just amended the spec to suit, as it was still unlocked. I placed this order on 26/11/15

Yeah thats what I was thinking sw14ny. Although I've got to wait longer I'm kinda happy to receive the new improved model.

Yeah thats what I was thinking sw14ny. Although I've got to wait longer I'm kinda happy to receive the new improved model.

Did you not ask what's different about the new version?

Reactions: Ignition1
Not 100% sure, Think it's only minor upgrades. I did ask the question and he said he would enquire more and let me know.

Reactions: Ignition1 and Jassyo06
I'm curious as well.

A full facelift?

lgnito...bare this in mind....its just front/rear bumpers...front/rear lights...few extra/different options/alloy wheel choices.....NOT A FULL MONTY..

Reactions: Ridereasy
lgnito...bare this in mind....its just front/rear bumpers...front/rear lights...few extra/different options/alloy wheel choices.....NOT A FULL MONTY..

That's enough to make me look at my A3 in disgust.

Reactions: Jassyo06