Looking to buy Avant C7/7.5 Asap

Technoholic

Reaction score
Hi guys

New to the forum but I’ve just put a wanted ad up. I need to buy a car ASAP for a number of reasons but I’ve decided on a C7 but preferably a 7.5. I want to get best bang for my buck but definitely want a 3.0 more powerful version.
Is there anything I should definitely be looking for? I like gadgets and want as many things as I can get like comfort seats, bigger dash screen, etc (apologies I’m coming from a BMW 7 series so don’t know the Audi names yet!)

I’ve got a max of £20k to spend.

I know I’ve put the wanted ad up but if anyone has one they’re looking to move on let me know.

Thanks

Hi mate,

If you're looking for the bigger dash screen, you need to be looking out for technology pack advanced which gives you a wider more HD screen and also gives you the map option on your dash rather than just arrows. With the C7.5 the 3 litre engine comes in 272 and 320 bhp packages and I think 204. If you can find one withing budget then I would definitely recommend the biturbo engine. Plenty of grunt and also noise for a diesel.

Thanks for the reply. I would like the bitdi engine if possible. I've found one slightly over budget, but has a lot of things I'm looking for. Seems to have manual seat height adjustment though, what needs to be specced to get electric? Also it's got no camera, how much of a disadvantage is that? I'm used to having one now so going without might be weird but don't think its a deal breaker.

I'm not sure what package that falls under for the electric seats, maybe convenience pack? I've got an A7 which is a failry bulky car and I don't have a reversing camera but audio and visual sensors and have had no issues with parking it. The visual sensor is more than adequate enough, of course if you're used to a camera it may take some adjusting.

Actually that’s another question. How would you compare the A7 to the A6 avant? Specifically around boot space and access?

I'm not too sure on the exact capacities of both, but the A7 boot has plenty of space. Have managed to fit 3 large suitcases, 2 small ones and various bags fairly easily. The only annoying thing is the automatic boot doesn't want to shut if there's a slight obstruction and decides to raise itself again so if the boot is close to being full. You have to wait for the boot to drop low enough for you to push down with your hands, I imagine in the a6, due to the angle of the boot, this wouldn't be an issue as its obvious if the boot will shut or not

Electric seats weren't part of a package, they were a standalone option.
My C7/C7.5 saloons had no camera, but my C8 Avant does and I find it to be a distraction while parking.

Electric memory seats became standard from Model year 2017 (66 plate ish onward) Before that is was an option, not part of any package.

What do you reckon, 3.0 BiTdi S Line, Tech Pack, All LED headlights, 2014 model manual seats, Bose. £21k. Is that a good price? 65k miles

Also, I have to say that I would rather get a 272 model than the BiTdi in order to get more spec as while the bitdi would be nice, I don't think I need it. My other cars are TVRs so I don't need the power in my daily driver!

What do you reckon, 3.0 BiTdi S Line, Tech Pack, All LED headlights, 2014 model manual seats, Bose. £21k. Is that a good price? 65k miles

I paid £22k for my 2013 bitdi last April with 65k on the so i would say that price is bang on.
Bose is standard on black edtion I believe and the LED headlights are a nice to have (mine doesn't have them)

I think if you dont have memory seats then the wing mirrors are manual also along with the tailagte.

I opted for a car without power tailgate as i didnt want my dogs jumping out of the boot whilst it was closing lol

good luck. you will NOT regret buying a BITDI they are awesome

I actually just bought a different one. A bitdi with the options I wanted was pushing the budget too much.

I ended up with a 3.0 SE, comfort seats, tech package, oolong grey, adaptive xenons, reverse cam, full memory and fully adjustable seats. 2014 model. It’s nice, it’s not my perfect car because the interior colour is weird to be honest. Silk beige with chocolate brown trim. It is nicer than that description, but I would have picked something different if I could. But this for me is a functional car, it’s replacing my 2018 7 series to help me save some money and it’s the best I could find. At £17.5k I’m happy enough!

Just need to start the retrofits now! CarPlay/android screen replacement from rsnav is my first job!

Reactions: Buxton2901
I actually just bought a different one. A bitdi with the options I wanted was pushing the budget too much.

I ended up with a 3.0 SE, comfort seats, tech package, oolong grey, adaptive xenons, reverse cam, full memory and fully adjustable seats. 2014 model. It’s nice, it’s not my perfect car because the interior colour is weird to be honest. Silk beige with chocolate brown trim. It is nicer than that description, but I would have picked something different if I could. But this for me is a functional car, it’s replacing my 2018 7 series to help me save some money and it’s the best I could find. At £17.5k I’m happy enough!

Just need to start the retrofits now! CarPlay/android screen replacement from rsnav is my first job!

Congrats mate. Sounds a great spec

I would love some details of the screen upgrade? Is it an expensive retro?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I don’t know it all yet but I’m just driving back from picking up the car so I will write up what I do know when I’m home this evening

Reactions: Buxton2901