Looking to buy an S3 over next few days, URGENT ADVICE NEEDED

vavavag

Reaction score
Been thinking about S3's for a while and was goign to buy over summer but can't wait that long anymore!

Couple of prefacelift models have come up, 2000 and 2021 plate.

Can you guys tell me what I need to look for? common problems? Which things should make me run a mile etc?
Both have covered around 90-110k miles. Have some history. Pretty standard apart from wheels.

Apart from 15bhp difference, what other things aren't the same on pre facelift and facelift? Is there much difference?

Finally, What kind of price to pay for a good 2000/2001 example with 100k miles on clock?

Much appreciated!

There is an S3 buying guide in the FAQ in the stickies section. It has all the answers to your questions plus more dude.

To give you an example I paid £6250 for mine with 83k on the clock nearly 3 yrs back. If I was you I'd find the cleanest and best looked after one possible. Even if it's a fare few miles away.

Power wise like you stated, if your looking to get a remap. Then I wouldn't be to worried as they both map to the same level, about 260bhp I believe.

Pay for AA to check the car before buying as well

Couple of prefacelift models have come up, 2000 and 2021 plate.
Hmm, a car registered in 2001 should be a facelift not a pre-facelift. Could have been an unregistered car hanging around at a dealers and originally sold for a discount as last year's model.

Hmm, a car registered in 2001 should be a facelift not a pre-facelift. Could have been an unregistered car hanging around at a dealers and originally sold for a discount as last year's model.

Mine's 01 pre-facelift.

Text the reg to car spotter (86007)

The car has the AMK engine... what differences does this have compared to the newer BAM engines if any?

Also, apart from lights, what other differences are there between facelift and pre facelift cars?

Thanks guys!

Got the car today. Just needs disks and pads all round! Lovely little beast. Drove back casually until I got to about 2 miles to my house and then gave it a littl epoke and its surprisingly quick!

love to see the 2021 plate.
Bet audi would be interested to see there car 11 yrs in the future