Looking to buy A4 1.8T.......

slinx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Due to an impending addition to the family, i'm looking to trade/swap my TT in for an A4 1.8T. I know what to look out for with the engine, but what other common issues/problems should i look out for?

Also, i've been looking at remaps for them and i came across one that will increase a 163 to about 180 and increase a 190 to about 205. Now i would've thought, whether its a 150bhp, 163bhp or 190bhp they'd all be mappable to 200-210bhp? There's no engine differences between them is there? I assume they all have to K03 turbo as opposed to the K04 in my TT.

Ta for any help.

I believe that the 190 version has 2 intercoolers & the K03s not the k03 turbo. With an upgraded turbo pipe & a few more mods can be mapped to about 230BHP+.
I also 'had' to change my 'non family' car to my 190 s-line avant and would say im very pleased.

OK nice one, thanks for your reply. After spending a long time deciding what to go for, looks like i'm set for the A4 1.8T 190. Just have to keep my eye out on AutoTrader and Pistonheads for anything decent.

It'll have to be trade too, unless i find a private buyer who just happens to want a Mk1 225 TT!

What are you looking to spend on one??

As mine is coming up for sale soon, due to another baby on it's way!!

slinx said:
OK nice one, thanks for your reply. After spending a long time deciding what to go for, looks like i'm set for the A4 1.8T 190. Just have to keep my eye out on AutoTrader and Pistonheads for anything decent.

It'll have to be trade too, unless i find a private buyer who just happens to want a Mk1 225 TT!

Smart move mate. Ive had my 190 for just over a year and never had any regrets.

Hi Mate - have you thought about a Cabriolet?

Don't rule it out because its a 2 door - I just had to sell my 2 seater because of our new addition and wanted to get a 225 TT (believe it or not!) but obviously, the baby car seat doesn't fit in the back seat!

So I got the 1.8T Cabriolet. The buggy fits in the boot too, with the carry cot and the roof down too!!! (It has to be a Bugaboo tho - the wife wil lknow what that is!)
:yes:

zeratul said:
Hi Mate - have you thought about a Cabriolet?

Don't rule it out because its a 2 door - I just had to sell my 2 seater because of our new addition and wanted to get a 225 TT (believe it or not!) but obviously, the baby car seat doesn't fit in the back seat!

So I got the 1.8T Cabriolet. The buggy fits in the boot too, with the carry cot and the roof down too!!! (It has to be a Bugaboo tho - the wife wil lknow what that is!)
:yes:

:)

Thanks for your replies guys, i've got a fairly tight budget so it'd probably rule out the cab. Not many anyway upto £10k on Autotrader's website!

slinx said:
Thanks for your replies guys, i've got a fairly tight budget so it'd probably rule out the cab. Not many anyway upto £10k on Autotrader's website!

Keep searching! Took me about 3 months of looking to find what I was after, most have been to the moon and back.