Looking to buy 2011 A6 3.0TDI Quattro

daveB5

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking to change from an A4 to a facelift A6 2011 3.0TDI Quattro S Line, the one I'm looking at has 84k miles, I'm just wondering are there any major parts possibly going to need replacing shortly after I buy? I'm aware things can go wrong with any car as I've found out with my current A4 but just want to be aware of what to look out for in the A6. Also people's opinions on the car I'm looking at would be much appreciated!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...from=2010&keywords=3.0&price-from=7000&page=1

Hi,

It has to be Quattro and that car would cost me about 2k more because of VRT to Ireland..

I picked up a C6 3.0TDi Quattro over a C7 for the same reason, got a lot more spec plus the Quattro for my money.

I've had mine for nearly 2 years now, it's not had many problems, I think the usual full service history requirement applies. I recently had to get the injector seals replaced as one started to leak but I was over 180K when that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, reading the 2 adverts posted above, I was aware that the C7 3.0TDi returned better mpgs than the C6, but I had not realised it came at the cost of 100Nm reduction in torque

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All depends on the 3.0 engine on the C7, there were 3 options, from the lower power one in my link to the BiTDi which has a lot more then the C6.

Probably head over next week, company selling the car Sascron won't budge on price which is unfortunate, he's said one of the tyres isn't perfect so I've asked for that to be changed, few scuffs on the alloys so maybe they might do something on that but unlikely. It's at the higher end of what I'd like to spend but has the spec and colour etc that I want.

I've had my 3.0tfsi a6 for over 1 and half years and the only expensive issues have been the exhaust flexi pipes . Audi in the wisdom have welded the weakest part to the most expensive. It's generally an Audi part only costing over a grand for each side. It can be repaired if you are great with your hands or know a good mechanic.

They never go on the TDI, too much soot & oil chucked into the exhaust for them to rust from the inside out.

I've actually had a change of heart lads, the VRT on a 2011 3.0 Quattro is 4370 due to high emissions, a 2013 2.0 S Line Black Edition is 4320 despite the car being worth a few thousand more, also think the interior is far nicer and I'll save €480 in tax a year plus I imagine better fuel economy too. Baby on the way and new house so anything I can save on a monthly basis is huge.

Anyone have any input here? Bear in mind the 3.0 Quattro C7 isn't affordable for me.

I've got the FL C7 2.0TDI quattro and it's quick enough, the 3.0 is nice but I don't miss the servicing & repair costs of my old 3.0TDi C6.

Reactions: daveB5