1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

looking for someone to take over my S4 saloon lease at £404 per month inc vat

mojo555 Apr 14, 2019

1. mojo555

mojo555 Registered User

as above, car is on a 24 month lease and I got it 1st September 2018 so there is about 16 months left, Im pretty sure it needs to be in a business name to take over, I have done it as a sole trader and it just comes out of buy personal account so doesn't effect the business accounts at all. the car is on 10k per year and has covered just 3800 miles so far so there is loads left!
    Anyone interested drop me a message..

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Philio

Philio Registered User

Out of curiosity, what is the BIK on the S4?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

4. mojo555

mojo555 Registered User

I have no idea what it is, will see if I can find out..

5. Philio

Philio Registered User

Benefit in kind, it's the percentage of the value of the car you end up paying tax on.

6. Daggerit

Daggerit Registered User

I think he just meant that he didn't know the value off the top of his head and was going to find out, rather than not knowing what BIK actually was. Lol.

mojo555 and X3man like this.
  7. Philio

Philio Registered User

Haha could be. I figured taking it out on a business lease it would be a known quantity, given it's no doubt pretty high.

tickedon and Daggerit like this.
  8. Daggerit

Daggerit Registered User

True. But then I'd really hope he knew what BIK was! Lol. Seems like it would be a pretty expensive business proposition though.

9. ash13

ash13 Registered User

according to a price list i have from last year 35% for the saloon, 36% for the avant.

10. RB84

RB84 Registered User

I could be wrong but the only reason this is a 'business lease' is because VWFS want a company to support the risk inherent in switching leasers during the contract. My understanding is that this is a personal lease that now must become a business lease due to VWFS policy

11. mojo555

mojo555 Registered User

I don’t know what the BIK amount is because it is a personal lease and now has to be taken as business, i have taken business leases before and not put through the business and just paid via my personal account so it doesn’t touch the business

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Philio

Philio Registered User

Sadly, it doesn't work like that. If the lease is in the business name you still have to declare it on your P11d and pay tax.

mojo555 likes this.
  14. Desmond Hanson

Desmond Hanson Registered User

Sent you a PM ? Haven’t heard back yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Goner

Goner Guest

Unless £404 is an absolute cracking deal on an S4 I cannot see anyone wanting to take over the lease, it’s a second hand car.

If you were in the market for a S4 and the lease on a new one was around £400 you’d just get a new one.

tickedon and Bristle Hound like this.
  16. motty225

motty225 Registered User

Put it this way, I'm paying 280 a month and that includes daytona paint, extended interior lighting and VC

tickedon likes this.
  17. RB84

RB84 Registered User

No doubt, but not at a 3+23 deal or that'd make it £7.3k for 24 months and ~20k miles. This, like mine, was a 3+23 deal and therefore the monthlies are higher due to less upfront. The killer here is the stipulation from VWFS for it to go to a limited company and therefore the BIK impact. Outside of that it's a 'good deal'

18. RB84

RB84 Registered User

Plus you can't get the S4 new right now, and when you can it'll no doubt come with a Diesel engine. So someone, somewhere, might want to dabble in this. But the BIK is a PITA

19. cptjay

cptjay Registered User

There are ways around BIK :thumbs up: