1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for further information on this RS3

Frankay Apr 2, 2018

1. Frankay

Frankay Member

Hey all,

Apologies if this is in the incorrect section. Just assuming its okay as its in regards to an 8p RS3.

https://www.gt-performance.co.uk/us...07.1521985408.1522697203-445368638.1507149174

Am really interested in the above car, however, was just wondering if this was a previous members car at all? I know its been for sale for quite a while and was keen to find out any other information before contacting the dealers.

Cheers
    Frank

45bvtc likes this.
  2. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

Not one I recognise.

Sepang was a special order colour as I’m sure you will be aware.

The silver detailing on front and rear splitter is not factory (optional) fit.

I guess has been added or wrapped after, as it doesn’t have the silver details on the door handles , rear spoiler ends or underneath the rear spoiler a factory supplied car would have, also the Front grill wouldn’t be black honeycomb with silver border edge either, if it had the factory alu pack. it would be silver edge / silver front edge of honeycomb, with black inner honeycomb if factory, but these are often swapped/ wrapped and not a deal breaker unless you are a stickler for details/ originality.

It has an MRC badge on the back, so that’s a good start to have a chat with, they would know car and would have mapped it. They are based in Banbury.

Frankay, Sandra and 45bvtc like this.
  3. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter Team Cornflower Blue Team Daytona Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Audi RS3 Audi TT Audi A1

An early car, similar to my own, and looking nice and clean; early cars had lots of 'extras' as Audi were trying to empty the 8P surplus parts bin; later 8P RS3s didn't have the same. Not all of the early 8P RS3s had silver door decals; mine doesn't. But as Paul sayd, the grill may have been changed from silver to black, who knows, but it sure looks good.

Take the registration number to your local Audi dealer and, having spoken nicely, ask about the service and upgrades - of which there were plenty for the 61-reg 8P RS3 - and not all were of any use at all.

I still prefer the 8P RS3, but most here know that anyway.

Just ask if I can help further; PaulRS3 is also a good and positive source of knowledge...

Frankay, PaulRS3 and Sandra like this.
  4. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter Team Cornflower Blue Team Daytona Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Audi RS3 Audi TT Audi A1

If you need a Pricing and Specification Guide for the 2010 RS3 then PM me and I'll send you a copy (ASN won't allow me to send... tsk):

RS3 2011.JPG

Note the silver door-handle flashes PaulRS3 mentioned...

PaulRS3 likes this.
  5. Frankay

Frankay Member

Thank you both for your help. Much appreciated.

As for the MRC badges, that was something I've noticed also and was hoping they may be of some help as i've previously had work on my S3 done there.

45BVTC Private message incoming in regards to the spec guide.

Cheers
    Frank

45bvtc likes this.
  6. Frankay

Frankay Member

Scrap that, its not letting me message you for some bizarre reason.

Any chance you could fire over a message so I can attempt to respond.

Thanks
    Frank

7. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

I’m sure John will respond shortly.

I’ve probably got a later 2012 version on my pc, ( mines a 2012) But John’s pdf will be more accurate for this particular car...

45bvtc likes this.
  8. 45bvtc

Sending now, Frank...

Done...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  9. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

@Frankay Morning Frank, welcome to audi-sport.net. What seems to be the problem with you send messages? Any pics of the car? John and Paul will keep you right. Couple of really nice guys. :)

PaulRS3 and 45bvtc like this.
  10. 45bvtc

And so IS Sandra, Frank, the best... [​IMG]

q5man, PaulRS3 and Sandra like this.
  11. 45bvtc

Contact made and all sent, Sandra... :readit:

Good luck in making the purchase Frankay [​IMG]

q5man and Sandra like this.
  12. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

True Star as always John. :) x

45bvtc likes this.
  13. Frankay

Frankay Member

Not sure was was going wrong on the messaging front but John has helped me out :).

E-mailed the dealer just time to await a response now. :icon thumright:

q5man and 45bvtc like this.
  14. 45bvtc

Just ask....

Kelza likes this.