looking for an RS6 C5

HMB

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi peoples,
Already have a c5 a6 all road tdi, but now i want the same version rs6 to go with it. What pitfalls should i be looking for and what kind of price should i haggle too?

The auto gearbox is weak and cost 2 k to put right. Also the suspension is big money to fix hence many are on lowering springs and shocks, budget for £1500-1600 to replace with quality Bilstein coilovers... Heavy beast that is surprisingly agile- would embarrass many modern supercars !

Is it the same gearbox that's in my all road?

i stumbled upon my RS6 without knowing anything about them , just test drove it and loved it .
i found out the suspension DRC was playing up and followed forums and found out this was a regular problem so decided to go with the Bilstein coilovers which cost 900 give or take but what a transformation it drove and gripped like a go-kart .
i have recently started having problems with the gearbox slipping out which might just be a service fingers crossed but also might need a re-con depending on whats wrong which could cost a couple of grand .
mine is a saloon 2004 re-mapped to 512BHP at an Audi dealer before i had it , most like the Avant estate but i prefer the saloon and they are harder to come across i have seen 1 in the 18 months i've had it .
even though i have come across a couple of issues with it i have a grin on my face every time i drive it the power is awesome it grips like nothing else i've driven its a god on the motorway very little to touch it .
i paid 11.000 for mine with 53000 on the clock , you just have to ask questions about the suspension and gearbox but 11 grand for virtually a supercar is a snip .

i stumbled upon my RS6 without knowing anything about them , just test drove it and loved it .
i found out the suspension DRC was playing up and followed forums and found out this was a regular problem so decided to go with the Bilstein coilovers which cost 900 give or take but what a transformation it drove and gripped like a go-kart .
i have recently started having problems with the gearbox slipping out which might just be a service fingers crossed but also might need a re-con depending on whats wrong which could cost a couple of grand .
mine is a saloon 2004 re-mapped to 512BHP at an Audi dealer before i had it , most like the Avant estate but i prefer the saloon and they are harder to come across i have seen 1 in the 18 months i've had it .
even though i have come across a couple of issues with it i have a grin on my face every time i drive it the power is awesome it grips like nothing else i've driven its a god on the motorway very little to touch it .
i paid 11.000 for mine with 53000 on the clock , you just have to ask questions about the suspension and gearbox but 11 grand for virtually a supercar is a snip .
Hi did you get to the bottom of the gearbox slipping out as I am having the same problem?
Many thanks

GEARBOXES ARE MADE OUT OF CHOCOLATE springs Drc two main issues

Owned one for 4 years and 60,000 miles. had it remapped early on in ownership to stage one but with better exhaust and intercoolers. Was regularly maintained. Never had one issue with either DRC or the gearbox. It was one of the best Audi's I've ever owned, loved every minute of it....
They are not cheap to maintain though....