1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Looking for a little more interior PIZAZZ!

Alex Holmes Oct 26, 2019

1. Alex Holmes

Alex Holmes Well-Known Member

As the title says really, just looking for a few little touches to really set off the cabin in my Avant.
    Its already a very nice place to be but just think it needs something extra.
    IMG_20190525_27604.jpg IMG_20190604_4647.jpg IMG_20190611_28146.jpg IMG_20190130_37709.jpg IMG_20190525_18842.jpg

A few touches of silver trim here and there set it off nicely and the ambient lighting in the door handles and interior light cluster make a nice change, the interior LED bulbs make for a more practical upgrade but still not quite there.

Im thinking the addition of an A3 s line FBSW, the nice stainless pedals and some gloss black interior trim would make a nice classy upgrade.

Whats everyones thoughts or personal interior upgrades you've done to your B7s. Extra points for piccys!

Alex

Paul battams likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Paul battams

Paul battams Active Member VCDS Map User

[​IMG]
    Flatbottom steering wheels do look nice and this one is for sale
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmys1968 likes this.
  4. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

:icon thumright:

5. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Daytona Team Brilliant Black TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

I think your there to be honest with the current theme unless you change a few area's

rob

6. Alex Holmes

What areas you thinkig Rob?

7. Just Rob.

I find the oem b7 interiors to be a tad plain really , the variable trim colors and finishes help give things a boost.
    I think all you could do would be go with rs4 pedal covers , a fbsw and maybe carbon trims to give a different overall look but still oem based.
    You can get leather arm rests aswell which can look nice.
    They would be the easy ones, recaro's but that's a different subject.

8. Alex Holmes

Yep i agree there, its difficult to to get the balance just right before it starts to get chavvy imo.

Recaros are an itch that i think needs scratching, finding the right set at the right price is another thing.

I quite like the piano black trim, classy and subtle, as nice as the carbon is, its not my bag - baby....

9. Just Rob.

Biggest change would be recaro's to be honest, DTM ones in Alcantara would be nice.
    Piano black attracts dust and marks and tends to look mucky very easily from previous experience.

10. Just Rob.

FBSW would make a big change, would make it look a bit newer.

11. Pedrödelabongo

Pedrödelabongo York Team Phantom Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

I find the interiors of the B7 quite plain, staid and a bit boring, so after looking at a Q2 and seeing a B7 done on here, I painted my door, dash and centre console trims bright red.
    Makes a real difference but I'm not 100% happy with them as they're not glossy enough.
    I'm now collecting more trims to paint in my body colour - Phantom Black - and these will be done by a pro and lacquered to a very high gloss.

TBH, I'm not a fan of the carbon fibre look, but hey, each to their own.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Jimmys1968

Jimmys1968 New Member

What price are you looking for

14. Paul battams

£325 for wheel and Airbag thanks

15. Audidi

Audidi Useful idiot

Red footwell LEDs would look nice on your B7.

16. Alex Holmes

As an ambient glow?

17. Audidi

Audidi Useful idiot

Yes, as red isn’t too distracting when driving at night.

18. Alex Holmes

I can imagine, done tastefully, it would look smart, would also match the rest of my oem ambient lighting

19. Just Rob.

what about...
    [​IMG]

20. Just Rob.

or some of these.
    [​IMG]

21. Alex Holmes

Already have one of those rob, mine isnt as cheesy looking as that though, fitted it whilst doing the power fold mirrors retrofit.

22. Just Rob.

I need to see some pics then...was thinking about changing mine.

23. Lizard821000

Lizard821000 New Member

Try some recaros to jazz it up a bit mate , custom wheel? Gaitor? Door cards ?

depends what ya after, I went from grey sport seats to platinum all through trim

upload_2019-11-11_16-9-9.jpeg

24. ajax1976

ajax1976 Well-Known Member

Got a bit carried away with mine,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Audidi

Audidi Useful idiot

Very nice Ajax.

26. Alex Holmes

I rather like the tan recaros and matching "exclusive" door cards but could be a colour clash with a red car maybe...

Recaros are definitely the way forward though, the smooth leather finish too or maybe the comfort RS4 ones with white piping/stitching.

Hmmmm leather.......

Lizard821000 likes this.
  27. Alex Holmes

20191115_185736.jpg

Excuse the mess, shes long overdue a good going over!

I bought a mirror switch of ebay and simply pulled off my knob....and swapped it over.

You can't seem to be able to buy the silver finished in the 4 position variant

Lizard821000 likes this.
  28. Lizard821000

Lizard821000 New Member

These bad boys

upload_2019-11-15_21-18-36.png

29. Just Rob.

very nice...:icon thumright:

30. Alex Holmes

Lizard821000 likes this.
  31. Paul battams

Sold

32. Pedrödelabongo

Pedrödelabongo York Team Phantom Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Red seat belts in the back too?
    Can you tell me where they came from, please?
    I think I like those!