Looking for a Change

dougy72

Reaction score
Evening,

Am thinking of changing my B5 to a B6 the only thing is the B6 Diesel 1.9 engine has done 234 thousand am I to worry about it?

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Ive just bought a B6 1.8T Cab coming from a B5 myself love it (B5 more though thats my proper toy when its done haha)

Problem you face is wether its been run into the ground and you end up having to fork out for control arms, suspension components wheel bearings, timing belt change etc etc engine wise its probably got another 50k in it personally id hold out and find something around the 150k mark thats got a bit of history of work/servicing with it.

Reactions: DrStrange
Every part you you said is just everyday running things that you can unbolt can be replaced easy it's more the body work I would be looking at

It is only 550 pounds so i think ill leave it for now and wait for a better one to come along, just spent a few quid on the B5 to get it though the mot again.

O well back to the other side of the Forum cheers every one.

Every part you you said is just everyday running things that you can unbolt can be replaced easy it's more the body work I would be looking at

Yes they may unbolt to replace but your talking £600+ for front/rear meyle/lemforder suspension bits so its a big chunk out your budget if these need doing which you would benefit from doing wheel bearings at the sane time another £100 or so

Plus if you buy a new car it might need loads more money spending on it