1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for 2.0 TFSI Quattro

winterrB6 Apr 20, 2018

1. winterrB6

winterrB6 Active Member

Morning!

Found myself lately looking more and more at the A5 coupe as an upgrade from my A4 B6. My max budget is £10k, from looking on eBay/autotrader I can afford a 2009-2012, don’t want to go any older then this. My other search criteria is must be Quattro, 2.0T or 3.2, below 80k miles, s line.

I have read a lot of comments about the 2.0t using a lot of oil, what is the reason for this and are there any obvious signs when viewing an A5? Also can you recommend anything else to look for on these engines? Apparently door window mechs are quite temperamental too but any advice or comments from you A5 owners would be great thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Booboo

Booboo Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Black Edition quattro S-line owners group S tronic

Wrong sized piston ring were fitted. You must check the service history & see if its been done.
    That's partly why I went for the B8.5 face lift model as these have a far superior engine with twin injectors. 1 direct & 1 behind the intake valve to keep it clean of sludge & carbon.