Looking at S3 this weekend, what to check?

isimpoi

Reaction score
Other than the usual checks you do on a car, I was wondering if there should be anything to look for on the Audi S3? I know the cam follower is a common issue but that would be checked once car is bought for obvious reasons

Note: It's a manual S3 due to struggling to find any good DSG S3's around my area

Should rephrase that, there's none within a good distance that's within my budget haha. I have a budget of roughly £20,000 and majority of decent one's are either over that or out-with 200 miles of Aberdeen area

Reactions: Alex_Wil
That being said there is some Audi S3's in there I haven't seen before so thanks for that will need to take a look

I was looking for ages for my S3 and then used the Audi website and saw loads of cars they don't list elsewhere.

Reactions: isimpoi
I was looking for ages for my S3 and then used the Audi website and saw loads of cars they don't list elsewhere.
Yea couple of gems on that site. Might not like me on this but found an amazing blue 11 plate s3, blue, 12k miles but its manual haha. There is a 10 plate, silver, 28k with dsg at same price but blue manual one is better offer. Plus silver one doesn't have cruise control.

Worth seeing what you can get them down on price and find one that's similar and use it as a bargaining tool to get them down on price :)

Might be worth looking outside of the Audi network if you're limiting your search? Private sellers are often very careful with their pride and joys if you do your homework.

I have been doing a lot of searching about but first time I've come across the audi network haha. I've tried autotrader, gumtree, ebay, pistonheads etc. I have seen a couple of already modified one's but the dealers are claiming some amount of nonsense haha. One orange one claiming to be the quickest Audi S3 in the UK with 380bhp and apparently £25,000 worth of mods... Don't think so somehow.

Problem I'm having just now is my current car a vauxhall corsa vxr nurburgring only has a top trade in price of £11,400 but is worth far more due to it having pretty much every additional extra (around £2,500 worth). Hoping that I can use that and see if they will knock a bit of the car itself.