Looking at getting a S3 but.....

mike price

Reaction score
Hey guys, not been on here for a while as i sold my s3 back in 2018 but looking at getting back into another.

Went to see one today, a black Sportback reg PL17CVE manual.

All was going good until i had spotted the vin number didn't look "factory" to me and then the owner also never had the logbook or the service book with the barcode in just a duplicate service book.

HPI came back fine, but something was shouting walk away as somethinmg not quite right.

Its currently on eBay and Autotrader. just unsure what to do, am i being too sensitive or am i doing the right thing by walking away.

Any advice be amazing.

Thank you

Attachments

• pl17cve.jpg
    pl17cve.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 164
I think you know the answer already......walk away.
Why would you want to risk throwing your hard earned cash down the loo, trust your instinct and keep looking there are plenty of cars out there.
You cant take any chances with that kind of money.

Reactions: Jcbmally, jimojameso, Neil C and 4 others
Do a full vcheck (think that's the name) it's much more thorough than a HPI check. But ultimately if you're having doubts, that's your answer. Plenty of S3s about.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Thank you both for the reply's, the vin in the window just didn't look right and the chassis in the wing again just didn't look factory to me.

The search continues.

Anyone selling a nice manual s3 8v lol

Reactions: -Ju-
There are plenty for sale. Not worth handing over your hard earned for a car which you ain't comfortable with.
What sort of budget are you looking at?

Reactions: Jcbmally, jimojameso and -Ju-
ALWAYS go with your gut feeling!

Reactions: pburv and jimojameso
Thank you both for the reply's, the vin in the window just didn't look right and the chassis in the wing again just didn't look factory to me.

The search continues.

Anyone selling a nice manual s3 8v lol

And the registration doesn’t even come back as being in the DVLA system

It’s showing for me. Vehicle currently untaxed and V5C last issued on 3rd March 2021 (i.e today).

Something sounds a bit fishy anyway judging by what the OP said. The advert is written strangely too...there’s so many black S3’s about, just find another one.

It’s showing for me. Vehicle currently untaxed and V5C last issued on 3rd March 2021 (i.e today).

Something sounds a bit fishy anyway judging by what the OP said. The advert is written strangely too...there’s so many black S3’s about, just find another one.

Showing for me now too. Probably had been on a personal plate.

100% walk away. I've not listened to my gut in the past and paid the price. In summary: walk away.

Reactions: Jassyo06
The colour of those Alloys is another reason to walk away to. Plenty of good S3's about. Just be patient

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Vcheck.... my pal was after a 430d. Got a nice one last month CAT N repaired had minor repair. Used VCheck though on two others, both traders were telling lies to extent of damage... one was CAT N.... but found out was flood damage and mileage altered by only 5k, other CAT S... seller said stolen recovered, but CAT S stolen recovered.... it wasn't stolen recovered but rear qtr and suspension damage

Going to be honest but paying that much for a facelift S3 without VC, and a manual box (personal preference), and the colour of the alloys would put me off regardless. It’s seems to be a low mileage but it’s only done 3 miles between the picture on the dash (28/10/20) and the mot test date which is abit weird to me personally since mileage blockers exist nowadays.

Not having a logbook could be because he took off a personal plate, and audi don’t really come with service books it’s all online now.

nothing special about this S3 and there’s plenty of them about.

As everyone is advising walk away, I spent 5 months looking for the right car mainly on Audi main dealer forecourts and walked away from some right piles of - - - -t, because of the very nature of our cars there are a lot of people who want to make a quick buck but the fact of the matter is they get bent and stolen and then find their way back on to the market.
The dealers wont like it - or understand it but show your metal and walk away, when you find the right one you will know.