Looking at buying a a4 cabriolet! need some help plz

MoAudi1.8T

Reaction score
alrite ppl how we doin?, atm iv currently got a 2006 astra sport hatch, looking to change because it is not as economical as i thought it would be, its a 1.8 sri and combined mpg is about 28!!!! i tend to get the urge sometimes to foot it, but even still thats appaling figures for mpg.
anyways im gonna stop ranting and get to the point. lol

im looking at getting a 1.8t cab but needed a bit of advice on what to look out for when buying one. i know the basics, make sure the cambelt, water pump, coilpack and so on have been replaced.
is there anything else to look out for apart from the main things when buying a car????????

iv seen a few around the £12000, as this is around my budget, its a bit low i know but i dont want to spend too much as im only 19.

mileage wise, is the 90k mark too much??

any help wud be appreciated

cheers:thumbsup:

sorry forget to mention

could those guys with 1.8t cabs post up their mpg figures plzz

many thanks

Hey, I'm in the same situation, I'm just 20 and looking for one, test driven a few now, and you seem to be able to get alot more for your money if you could stretch a little more to £13-£14k. I'm looking around the £15k mark, and theres loads around, just a case of finding the right one for me. Theres a few things that I want such as leather, parking sensors, heated seats etc

Always get someone to put the hood down for you, as I've noticed on a few that the seal can be broken around the bottom, so as the roof is going back have a good look.
Alloy wheels are always scuffed, so thats a point to knock 'em down on price.

hope you find the right one,

Andy

Hi Mate. I bought one a few months ago. I was looking for the same. I'd been looking for about 6 months until I'd found mine - but that was becuase I was being very specific about the extras! Cost £12500 for an 04 plate (just over 80k) with Grey Heated Lth, Symphony Stereo (Mcuh better than the single disk 'Concert'), Cruise, 18" RS4s and Fridge Glovebox - excellent cond... I would say that the 'heated seats' would be a necessity as well as the 6cd 'Symphony'.

If you get an auto - the multritonic gearbox will most likely need new plates as there are a lot of problems with these (search forum and see!)

Check that the roof space saving leaver pulls the cage completely up and out of the way as nearly all the ones I saw didn't! Check that the glovebox isn't broken becuase these have a tendancy to snap at the hinge and need the whole glovebox to replace it!

MPG is average 32.5 at the moment - 45 mins Daily - A roads with bypass about 15 mins doing about 95mph.

...when you get one, allow for £160 to buy the SmartTop remote roof opening device. :eyebrows:

Good luck mate

thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.

i think its gonna have to be 1.8t as iv just checked and i cant even get insured on a 2.4, so both 2.4 and 3.0 are out of the question.

32.5mpg average aint too bad, i think ill be able to live with it ;-) . i love the looks that you get in these cars,my m8 had the b7 cab and that used to turn heads, lol.

what do you guys think of the colour blue on a cab? id prefer black or silver, as i wud be buying a set of 18" rs6s to just finish off the look, lol.

has anyone got a blue (doesnt matter whether its dark moro blue or the lighter mauritus blue i think its called) cab? post some pics plzzz

well, fingers crossed, i'm picking mine up later today. Its mauritius blue, grey leather, '54' 2.5tdi, has front & rear parking sensors, sat nav, 6 cd changer, heated fully electric seats, cruise control, xenons, auto dimming rear view mirror, heated electric mirrors, Bose system, 23,600miles! still has a month of audi used car warrenty from current owner, £15k dead on!! think thats a pretty good deal, mint condition, just a couple of scratches, nothing major. don't jump into it, and have a good look around, theres always a good deal somewhere and you'll know when you get it. don't forget, its alot of money your spending

Well thats what mine does! And i do floor it most the time as I'm used to driving a mid engined 2 seater! I must admit on an everyday journey I don't drive it hard from start to finish... you just can't! ... But for the record - If I did, I would get 26MPG min.
:happy:

Well thats what mine does! And i do floor it most the time as I'm used to driving a mid engined 2 seater! I must admit on an everyday journey I don't drive it hard from start to finish... you just can't! ... But for the record - If I did, I would get 26MPG min.
:happy:

26 is about max for me and its never driven hard, the wife does the school run and work every day but she drives it steady due to traffic.
i get in it at weekends and use it alot at steady speeds but never see any better than 26mpg

I have the 3.0 in I believe its called Crystal blue ??
Picture135.jpg

Picture140-1.jpg

Picture129-2.jpg