Looking at buying a 2.7t manual

will_1223

Reaction score
Hi all i been looking for a larger family car with some more room and some more poke plus a nice noise and a a6 2.7t is coming up trumps for me, i think i fallen in love with it, i am just wondering if any of you guru's have any buying tips for this car, i currently own a vw bora tdi so know the german reliablity will keep me in good stead, i am a mechanic also so know to look out for the general on all cars just wondered anything model specific.

wow, from a 1.9 tdi to a 2.7t, reckon your gonna double your fuel costs, i thought i was brave goin from a mk4 golf tdi to a 2.5 tdi a4 lol

lol i had alot worse than what the 2.7t can manage on fuel lol, scooby which done 15mpg max and a volvo 850 t5 which wasnt any better, not really had anything ecomnomical, the bora is just a stop gap while i sorted a few things in my life out so then i can afford a more luxurious car.

i hope what you are find what you are lookin for and post some pics when you get it.

15mpg, scares me just thinkin about it lol

lol well it was 2 years ago and i was getting 180 miles to 58 quid lol, i didnt care then as it was sooo much fun but now i have a few extra things to pay for i cant except that sorta mpg, but with a remap the 2.7 turbo's will almost get 30mpg on a run and 27mpg round town so its all good

if you can stretch 3.0 tdi is great!

thing is though although i may be able to stretch to such a car i want the exhaust noise and petrol power of a petrol v6 turbo, i just hope it will be as resonable as i think on fuel lol

I have a 3.0 and its great, the power is excellent!! I used to have a C5 S6 and I'm happy with what I get from this engine and pretty good MPG too!...just check it out before going petrol. And just to add I've always had petrol!!

Saying i could stretch to that hmm just looked at prices and dont think i could go that far, tbh looking at spending around the 3k mark with mine being about 1200+ part ex lol, i think it will be alright, i dont always drive quickly and plus i use my cycle to work so only really gonna be running around as my family car and some fun for me, i know my missus wont drive crazy either unless she does and i dont know lol but i think the extra fuel it will cost me is worth it for the car, and tbh any car costs to run and insurance is alot cheaper than the competitors i was looking at lol. got a vision of how i want it to look and sound too.

lol well it was 2 years ago and i was getting 180 miles to 58 quid lol, i didnt care then as it was sooo much fun but now i have a few extra things to pay for i cant except that sorta mpg, but with a remap the 2.7 turbo's will almost get 30mpg on a run and 27mpg round town so its all good

Let us know if you manage to get those figures, we only got 32mpg combined out of our 2.5tdi 180 allroad. I'm looking at buying another allroad & would love the 2.7 bi turbo but fuel running costs has put me off.