Looking at an RS38P? Help Required?

flight89swan

Reaction score
Hi,
Looking at scratching the RS3 8P itch.

I have a couple of questions re. servicing. The car i'm looking at is on 16,000 miles on a 61 plate. It has FASH, What service/s would it be due next and how often should these be carried out?
Haldex?
Cambelt and Waterpump?
DSG?

thanks

The RS3 8P has a chain not a Cambelt.

Haldex is due every 3yrs £69
S tronic oil filter 38k miles £175
Interim service £309
Major (inc spark plugs) £449
Brake fluid £59 (2yrs)

Hope that helps

Reactions: 45bvtc
Did you find a car flight89swan as I'm selling mine if you're interested

Hi,
Looking at scratching the RS3 8P itch. I have a couple of questions re. servicing. The car i'm looking at is on 16,000 miles on a 61 plate. It has FASH, What service/s would it be due next and how often should these be carried out? Haldex? Cambelt and Waterpump? DSG?
thanks

MAKE SURE you read the owner reviews both here and on the RS3OC forum as many of the cars listed as 'wonderful' may and have had a diatribe of reports posted previously; that said, some cars with negative reports seem to be completely free of issues once that particular car has been passed onto a new owner; so 'a' problem/problems may have been 'owner' rather than 'car' related.

A couple of owners having had 'several' cars always seem to have problems... Why is that???

My own advice would be to find a car as base-specification as possible that hasn't been messed with by its current and /or previous owner/driver.

Post #2 gives you the Service base line.

PM me if I can help further (8P RS3 61-plate and owned from new and keeping for a loooong time yet)

Last edited:
Steady on John, my car could be construed as 'messed on with' but in fairness it is fault free and far better maintained than a lot of those that are a daily commute hack or an occasional toy that gets ragged to death at the weekend and then parked up for a week.

Steady on John, my car could be construed as 'messed on with' but in fairness it is fault free and far better maintained than a lot of those that are a daily commute hack or an occasional toy that gets ragged to death at the weekend and then parked up for a week.

Good morning Graham; didn't see any reference above to P_G and anyway your own car has yet to be moved on. And I agree, there are some of us that have had 'fault-free' cars and maybe that is down to the use you describe - and as you know I've had a fair number through my own garage to sort minor issues.

Issue aside, I well remember having assisted one guy with his purchase and collection, and within the first week he'd so many complaints (posted on forums) that it became obvious he'd just purchased the wrong car.

Happy days here; I still believe the 8P RS3 a superb package for UK roads and recommend them highly, but not all.

Good luck with the sale of your own car and it's replacement...