Looking at a 3.0 TDI but is the bitdi better?

Not plowing into the car infront when the boost fires you forward when planting the right foot:yahoo: this will also give you a good opportunity to rest the brakes :whistle2:

Reactions: Buxton2901
Did kinda mean with the car... Like faults lol
But funny replies non the less

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Did kinda mean with the car... Like faults lol
But funny replies non the less

Apart from the usual stuff making sure it goes and stops smoothly, Nothing really on mine, had the slip ring replaced on the steering column as squeaked when turning the steering wheel not sure how common it is on the c7

Haha yup making sure it goes with a wooooooshhhh is priority, in all seriousness it should charge for the redline once warm without any problem.
Everything seems pretty robust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car I was looking at has sold unfortunately, although I had read bad things about the dealer so maybe dodged a bullet. Back to the search

Do all bitdi's come with ltd slip diff?
I'm looking at one that is advertised as having it but us this different to a sports diff? Sorry for being clueless

Do all bitdi's come with ltd slip diff?
I'm looking at one that is advertised as having it but us this different to a sports diff? Sorry for being clueless

Haha soon you’ll be geek on here

Nope it’s an option and a rare one at that
Was surprised to see it as an option on the s6’s too!! (Standard on the blk edition s6 though)

Last edited:
Nope it’s an option and a rare one at that

That car I'm looking at has this along with advanced tech pack. Parking pack and lighting pack.
Decent spec I think.

Daytona grey too

That car I'm looking at has this along with advanced tech pack. Parking pack and lighting pack.
Decent spec I think.

Daytona grey too

That’s a good amount of kit
Keep You busy for hours playing with that lot

Adaptive headlights too lol.
Just have to convince the Mrs about the colour and the fact it's a few grand over budget!!!

Just have to convince the Mrs about the colour and the fact it's a few grand over budget!!!

Haha nice! Always the case, set a budget then bust through it

They are a great car, just make sure it’s got a good service history AND you buy a good warranty (thinking of auto trans and bi turbo) and if you know someone with a OBDII port integrator get them to scan for possible problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What's your annual mileage? I got the TFSI as I do really low miles in the snotwagon and I wanted the extra power... even with the 375bhp remap, it's still getting nearly 40mpg on the motorway and probably more like 25-30mpg average.

Don't worry about the torque on the petrol - mine is the supercharged V6, so has the same torque as your 2.7TDI... but just revs out to 7000rpm :)

Not great economy compared to the TDI's, but I've done <17k miles in nearly 6 years, so I'm still running on "free" fuel since the TDI's were at LEAST £10k more... as the price differences get closer, I guess the appeal of the petrol is limited to the extra power and for people on VERY low annual mileages...

Not great economy compared to the TDI's, but I've done <17k miles in nearly 6 years, so I'm still running on "free" fuel since the TDI's were at LEAST £10k more... as the price differences get closer, I guess the appeal of the petrol is limited to the extra power and for people on VERY low annual mileages...[/QUOTE]

I’m retired now and my mileage is very small and has much has I love the tdi the modern tdis hate short journey work with all the dpf problems so I have also gone over/back to petrol with hybrid ( I do less than 8k now)
So enjoy the v6 whilst you can !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m retired now and my mileage is very small and has much has I love the tdi the modern tdis hate short journey work with all the dpf problems so I have also gone over/back to petrol with hybrid ( I do less than 8k now)
So enjoy the v6 whilst you can !!
I realised that with low such low annual mileage (avg <3000 per year) and a fair few of the trips being <10mile journeys, the only thing I was really enjoying about the TDI was the torque... and with the s'charged V6 petrol, you get the same "whoosh".... but you just don't have to wait for it.

My commute is a cross country hack along narrow lanes (not good for ANY A6)... so my daily driver is a MR2 and since my missus doesn't drive at all, the family wagon (A6) only gets used when I need to take more than one passenger somewhere.

Post revive alert!!

which did you go for? I’m in a similar position now but with a budget of £17k. Iv already accepted I probably won’t find a facelift in my price range but I can love with that. I am
However struggling to find a black edition.
I’m hoping to go and look at a 14 plate BiTDi Avant, 63k on the clock and in budget.

Reactions: DonkeyIce