longitudinal sensor location?

finesse

Reaction score
howdy chaps, where can the longitudinal sensor be found on the S3 please?

Are you replacing it? Mine is shafted but i seem to remember someone on here fixing one, cant remember how though.

pre face lift is behind the glove box as you remove 8 torx screws the glove box will come out the sensor is located towards the left and its clipped on by a large clip,just pop it off and pop the new one in...job done.

I love that pop off and pop on ! I remember mine being an absolute BI**H to get to and out

I replaced my facelift one from under the steering column without removing any of the dash - if you've got small hands and don't mind scraped knuckles you can get away with it. Alternatively you'll need to remove the lower dash for better access.

my facelift has the longitudinal behind glovebox. Either way there exactly the same part as lateral, just mounted differently. Took me ages to get the sensor out of that gold steel bracket!

Hi all, first post on audi-sport, but deffo have some input on this! If you do have a pre-facelift, the gold bracket is easy to take off (just put the sensor out) but an absolute nightmare to put back on. Took me the good part of an hour before I got my brother to have a crack: may help if you do it in daylight unlike myself :). Since putting the new sensor in, the ABS light doesn't show all the time like it used to, just occasionally on the motorway. It will need re-calibrating at some point. If you have access to VAGCOM, the following link to VAGCOM tells you how to do it. I'm just saving up money to buy the software, don't really want to pay somebody £50.00 to something I can do myself!

VW Golf (1J) Brake Electronics (MK60) - Ross-Tech Wiki

right, its a facelift model.....

any pictures of what I will be looking for?.....