Long wait

Oddfin

Reaction score
I am new to the site and have been reading all your S1 related posts. I ordered an S1 sportback back in December and should take delivery at the end of March. I did look at ex demo cars and then not have to wait but couldn't find the colour and spec so decided on new. My local dealer wouldn't entertain a discount but kindly offered to throw in a set of mats, stuff that! I went to a broker and got a new car with what I wanted on it cheaper than some of the ex demos I looked at. Don't know how they get such good deals but I'm not complaining, anyway, will post some pics when I get my hands on it.

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
Congrats on the Purchase, i was able to get 4000 euro off the cost of my car since I was a returning customer.

Yea, after dealing with my dealer for a while now I get better than broker prices.

Congrats on the purchase. What spec did you go for then?

Yea, after dealing with my dealer for a while now I get better than broker prices.

You and Stuttgartrob sound like you had a good deal, maybe it's because I bought my other cars through carfile that's why they weren't interested, the local dealer told me he couldn't move on the price because it's the flagship model for the A1, it's new, etc etc, he wouldn't budge. They wanted £29900 and I paid £28150. Didn't spec it very high, tech pack, comfort pack, Ali gear knob, mirrors body colour and sepang blue, couple of other bits I can't remember, oh, full leather. Was thinking of a re-map on it but after reading your problems with air intake and clutch etc I think I will get the car and then see how it goes, if I do go down that route I will make plenty of enquiries first. I live in essex and read that AMD in Thurrock are good?

Congrats on the Purchase, i was able to get 4000 euro off the cost of my car since I was a returning customer.
4000 euro! Well done, I managed to get around £1800. The dealer just wouldn't do anything on the price and I have bought two cars there before, don't know what it's like in Germany but the car brokers in England are usually the cheapest, I still pick the up from an audi dealer with all the warranty etc its just in a different city, no,problem.

Yea, if you have a history of using brokers they aren't likely to budge as you will probably just go elsewhere anyway. My first car from them didn't have loads of discount, but as I've bought more, and introduced a significant number of deals to them from friends/family, it's got to the point where I don't ask for discount anymore, the first quote just comes rock bottom :)

That said, because I always buy latest cars (usually order before they are even available!), I don't get crazy levels, 5-6% off (which is similar to what you got from the broker), ironically my friends buying 'normal' Audi's have gotten much more discount than I have!! But it's the price you pay for having the best I guess :)

I see that you are a vcds maps user, I'm not very tech savvy, what is it?

Let's you plug in a laptop and play with various extra hidden settings on the car.

My discount before I picked to go with the Audi Individual Paint (2300 euro option) was less. But after I told him I wanted the option he bumped up the discount on me.

On Jose's intake problem that's on my list of trying to replicate when I get the car on the dyno. I'm not sure on why that is happening but I will try to replicate it on my car and if I find a issue I will replace the intake unit with an Aluminum pipe.

You need to have it tuned to do it Rob. Doesn't do it in stock form.

You need to have it tuned to do it Rob. Doesn't do it in stock form.

I will when it gets put on the Dyno. I'm going to run a baseline of the car in a week and then first of April I will be doing the tune on it. I have tuned alot of cars and haven't seen that on mild tunes. So it has me interested and I want to see if I can fix it if it happens to my car.

I will when it gets put on the Dyno. I'm going to run a baseline of the car in a week and then first of April I will be doing the tune on it. I have tuned alot of cars and haven't seen that on mild tunes. So it has me interested and I want to see if I can fix it if it happens to my car.

The fix is very easy, I just can't be bothered with making something custom myself - I really thought by now APR or someone would have come up with an intake solution!

Let's you plug in a laptop and play with various extra hidden settings on the car.
Thought it was something like that, didn't want to appear as a complete dead head but had to know haha. I love cars but not so enthusiastic about technology. Keep saying to myself that I don't need a good car and downgrade to a piece of junk, My current car is a Honda Jazz and yes, they are as bad as you would imagine but I'm not in England much so thought it made sense and the car was free but just couldn't put up with it anymore no matter how much sense it made, one test drive in the S1 and I had to have one.

Thought it was something like that, didn't want to appear as a complete dead head but had to know haha. I love cars but not so enthusiastic about technology. Keep saying to myself that I don't need a good car and downgrade to a piece of junk, My current car is a Honda Jazz and yes, they are as bad as you would imagine but I'm not in England much so thought it made sense and the car was free but just couldn't put up with it anymore no matter how much sense it made, one test drive in the S1 and I had to have one.

Wow - Jazz to S1!! Some jump :)

If you want an idea of what you can tweak... http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=121466

Wow - Jazz to S1!! Some jump :)

If you want an idea of what you can tweak... http://www.a1-forum.co.uk/a1forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=121466
Yes, and it was a jump down from an A5 to the Jazz and the A5 was only a year old but thought it was pointless keeping an expensive car going when I was spending so little time in England ( am now in Thailand ) but after doing a few miles in the dreaded Jazz I thought, you only live once, get a proper car!