Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

Many haven't got their cars yet and it's the reason many joined and even visit this site.
That may well be true in which case keep the thread going but let’s stay on topic. Much of what’s being discussed here now has nothing to do with the original thread topic. It’s an extemely long thread now with much chat about other subjects which would be better to have their own threads so that people can search for certain topics (which are being discussed in this one) and benefit from them. For example, if I wanted to discuss or find out about leasing, I wouldn’t look on the WLTP thread. Just a suggestion to make the whole experience simpler and more enjoyable for all users.

Yeah. Mine is currently being built. I actually came on here to ask how long peoples cars stayed in quality control for. Mine has been in since Monday.

Yeah. Mine is currently being built. I actually came on here to ask how long peoples cars stayed in quality control for. Mine has been in since Monday.
At long last Tim!
My aborted order has been in QA since 21st Jan, but I think that's down to the tracker not updating my account and some lucky person will hopefully have their hands on it now

Reactions: TimkinBokeh
12th March for me. A wait of 10 months although, to be fair, it's been ready for collection since January 7th. Wanted the new plate as I'm upgrading from a very slightly tarnished 2007 Mk5 Golf (see signature).

12th March for me. A wait of 10 months although, to be fair, it's been ready for collection since January 7th. Wanted the new plate as I'm upgrading from a very slightly tarnished 2007 Mk5 Golf (see signature).
Very good. Mine has, as of yesterday, changed to in transit. It would be nice if mine came for the 12th as that is my birthday but I very much doubt it. Basically at 12 months now. Ordered on the 11th of March.

Very good. Mine has, as of yesterday, changed to in transit. It would be nice if mine came for the 12th as that is my birthday but I very much doubt it. Basically at 12 months now. Ordered on the 11th of March.
Just think of those 68 extra horses you're getting for free though :grinning:

...It would be nice if mine came for the 12th as that is my birthday but I very much doubt it. Basically at 12 months now. Ordered on the 11th of March.
You never know! Can't be far off. My tracker suddenly skipped right through, then went back to the start and a further delay, then all of a sudden was ready for collection. So you might get a very shiny birthday present.

Just think of those 68 extra horses you're getting for free though :grinning:
Haha, yeah, exactly! :D

You never know! Can't be far off. My tracker suddenly skipped right through, then went back to the start and a further delay, then all of a sudden was ready for collection. So you might get a very shiny birthday present.
Ah, nice. I will continue to pray then :)

Reactions: DaveW and TeaMonsta
I bought my Audi Dealers Demo Car for this exact reason. The Audi order system is "locked" for new orders on quite a few Audi models. I wanted a new A4 Allroad to replace a lease on an A3 E-Tron but ended up with a "nearly new" A4 Avant since it was the best match i could find on the equipment i need. (I can't wait 10 months for a new car )

It might seem a lot of the petrol engines does not yield the desired results during WLTP. WLTP Results affects the tax on cars in my country and it seems petrol models needs "DPF" aswell..

There is no issue getting the EA888 2.0l petrol engine to met the new tests. Even the 300ps versions are being released in new models such as Seat or VW.
GPF's are mandatory...

Last edited:
Haha, yeah, exactly! :D

Ah, nice. I will continue to pray then :)

Fingers crossed you get it soon! FWIW my tracker is still "In Transit - Your Audi has arrived in the UK", but the car itself has been on my driveway for the last 2 weeks :D

It might be possible here at the forums but it is not possible at Audi Norway. even the pricelist only mentions tdi.

https://www.audi.no/dam/nemo/no/pricelists/2019-01-01_Prisliste_Audi_A4.pdf

the engine will ofc pass but no deliveries this year. same goes for the zf gearbox i prefer over the new dual clutch.
hence i bought a demo 190bhp 2.0 a4 avant
However this might be due to other issues. VW and seat have just announced both a Cupra and a T-Roc both with the EA888 engines. Maybe in your country they are wishing to eradicate petrol engines but not in the UK:
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-volkswagen-t-roc-r-packs-296bhp-2019
https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/cupra/ateca

Plus lesser power versions can be still ordered from the VAG group including Audi in the UK:
Petrol

Last edited:
However this might be due to other issues. VW and seat have just announced both a Cupra and a T-Roc both with the EA888 engines. Maybe in your country they are wishing to eradicate petrol engines but not in the UK:
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-volkswagen-t-roc-r-packs-296bhp-2019
https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/cupra/ateca

Plus lesser power versions can be still ordered from the VAG group including Audi in the UK:
View attachment 176414
Oh and the 2019 facelifted TT can only be purchased with a petrol engine, diesel engined versions have been dropped..

I’m still yet to see another Facelift B9 A4 on the roads, apart from mine. I’d imagine now the 19’plate is out I’ll start seeing some.

Reactions: tickedon
When do we think the S4s will be back on the Audi configuration then?

At least for now I don’t have the option to order one with all the options just how I want it....that’s a good thing right?

I’m still yet to see another Facelift B9 A4 on the roads, apart from mine. I’d imagine now the 19’plate is out I’ll start seeing some.
I think, given that there is going to be another face-lift coming this year, they'll be fairly exclusive...

I think, given that there is going to be another face-lift coming this year, they'll be fairly exclusive...
Picked mine up Friday. Photos to follow.

It's great to know my car is considered to be exclusive by some.
Now where is that saucer of milk.

Reactions: WesT-gefül, tickedon, G.S and 2 others
Photos as best I can get in the rain.

Attachments

• 124 (2)_LI.jpg
    124 (2)_LI.jpg
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 360
  • 126 (2)_LI.jpg
    126 (2)_LI.jpg
    1,015 KB · Views: 383
  • 127.JPG
    127.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 319
  • 125.JPG
    125.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 360
Reactions: v1rotate, WesT-gefül, G.S and 5 others
This is an excerpt from an Audi MediaCentre release 14/3/19 with relevance to WLTP:-

"In the first months of this year, Audi is successively closing the remaining gaps in its product offering from the changeover to WLTP and is creating the conditions for a positive sales development. In the course of the year, inventories that had been ramped up in 2018 for supply management during the transition to WLTP will be reduced. For example, Audi had already gradually restarted the production of engine-transmission variants for which the company expected type approval in the near future, in order to ensure rapid availability for customers following official approvals. Once the required homologations have been received, these pre-specified vehicles will gradually flow out of inventories. In addition, the company is making intensive preparations for the next, equally demanding, stage of the WLTP test cycle, which will come into force on September 1, 2019 with even stricter legal requirements for all vehicles. Audi has increased its technical test-bench capacities by around a third in order to make implementation more manageable, and has added approximately 300 employees in Technical Development for homologation and powertrain development. The company has reduced its portfolio of engine-transmission variants by about 30 percent in line with market preferences, thus noticeably reducing complexity as a first step."

So I know that this thread has died down I've got a question if people would be as kind to answer it: what kind of compensation did everyone get?

Context: My car has finally been built and is at the UK port, just waiting for delivery now but Audi UK are saying any compensation comes from the dealer and you guessed it, the dealer is putting it back on the Audi UK...

So I know that this thread has died down I've got a question if people would be as kind to answer it: what kind of compensation did everyone get?

Context: My car has finally been built and is at the UK port, just waiting for delivery now but Audi UK are saying any compensation comes from the dealer and you guessed it, the dealer is putting it back on the Audi UK...

Hi Tim

In the same boat as yourself, car has arrived in the UK but cant be registered because the UK hasnt updated the WLTP figures for the 50TDIs.

My dealer has referred my querry about compensation to Audi UK. It makes sense it should be Audi UK and not the delaer ship.

Be interesting to here other peoples expeirences.

Reactions: TimkinBokeh

I got first service and a meal up to £150 with out asking. Maidstone Audi.

Reactions: NevMan and TimkinBokeh

Can't believe you still haven't got it Tim. Must be 12 months now?

You have to be sympathetic towards the dealership as this delay is not down to them. However the contract to supply a car is with them so there is an element that it is they who should compensate...

Hi Tim,
Some small things I got,
Audi puddle lights, an Audi A4 key ring, cleaning kit and some Audi sport plates.... not much but I was still taking it haha...

Reactions: NevMan
I got first service free via Audi UK as below:

Following our recent conversation I can confirm that Audi UK has agreed to cover the cost of the next scheduled service for your car (registration: xx19 xxx), as a gesture of goodwill in recognition of the inconvenience you experienced.

Just take a copy of this email to your Audi Centre when your next service is due and you won’t be charged for normal service actions. Normal service actions include labour costs for all safety and running checks. Parts replaced as a result of wear and tear (brake pads, discs, cambelt etc.) are not included as normal service actions.

I hope this goes some way towards restoring your faith in Audi.

Thanks everyone.

Totally agree @cuke2u, I've very nice to the dealership considering it has been over a year but if Audi UK fail me then I think they either put the pressure on Audi UK or compensate me themselves.

For those interested in the DELAY below is what I just received yesterday on my ordered 2019 RS3.

Terry from the USA

Reactions: Jcbmally and ijachelsea
....what kind of compensation did everyone get?....
A set of rubber mats and a child seat underlay, which I’m happy with. To be fair, everyone I dealt with at Highland Audi was great. They even organised the car to be dropped off at the detailer’s for its ceramic coating and for it to be brought back ready for the hand-over. At least I know now that, even if Audi UK are falling short of what their customers expect, Highland Audi will be going the extra mile to provide a good level of service.

Reactions: tickedon, TimkinBokeh, NevMan and 1 other person
For those awating 50TDI registration, my dealership has registered my A5 50TDI today so hopefully this means that all 50TDI can now be registered.

I've been advised that Audi UK should be agreeing to a first free service as a good will gesture for the delays, so hopefully a similar outcome for those of you in a similar situation.

Still no sight of the S4 S5 or RS5 Sportback or the S6 which was initially due in March but now I hear is Q3.
Dealerships must be feeling some relief now but its certainly not over is it!

WTF.

Audi UK seem to have forgotten to pay Audi Finance the £4,438.70 extra payment as I have just received a letter from them saying I'm in arrears by that much despite having a 1 + 35 lease where the initial deposit payment of £405 was paid before I picked up the car and the next payment of £405 isn't due till April 1st.

WTF.

Audi UK seem to have forgotten to pay Audi Finance the £4,438.70 extra payment as I have just received a letter from them saying I'm in arrears by that much despite having a 1 + 35 lease where the initial deposit payment of £405 was paid before I picked up the car and the next payment of £405 isn't due till April 1st.

What a ClusterFcuk. That will affect your credit history. Make sure to get a credit report. You need to complain and get compensated. Be interesting to see what they say and do to rectify.

WTF.

That’s ridiculous I mean will they ever back to doing anything right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it finally looks like the car is on its way to the dealer!

Good/bad news is that the 50 TDI is showing on the insurance websites but the only quote I could get was for 10k...so I think that it must have just gone on and isn't calculating correctly. Did the others with the 40 TDIs and other engines see something similar?

So it finally looks like the car is on its way to the dealer!

Good/bad news is that the 50 TDI is showing on the insurance websites but the only quote I could get was for 10k...so I think that it must have just gone on and isn't calculating correctly. Did the others with the 40 TDIs and other engines see something similar?
It was the same with the new S3 mate. The new models take longer to have a insurance code generated against them ie 15E etc. I ended up taking Audi Insurance as it was the cheapest at £410 out of only 3 x quotes available.