Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

Got my 45 yesterday in the end. Thanks to all of you here for information on what's going on. Haven't got any decent pics yet because of the snow.

Reactions: tickedon, liveseytowers, cuke2u and 1 other person
Got my 45 yesterday in the end. Thanks to all of you here for information on what's going on. Haven't got any decent pics yet because of the snow.
It's fine, one skill we've all acquired is patience so, looking forward to the pics :)

Does this resemble an order number that I can use to track my build.........

I ordered the car on the 10th Jan, but the number still isn’t been recognised on the web site.

Ta

Rich

I’m having the same issue, it’s a known fault apparently

Tracker now says ARRIVED.

Seems very much an anti climax as I have waited so long since May for a Sept 1st delivery 68 and now I'm not sure whether to push hard for a 19 plate and wait another 4 weeks. Sad really.
:grumpy:

Seems very much an anti climax as I have waited so long since May for a Sept 1st delivery 68 and now I'm not sure whether to push hard for a 19 plate and wait another 4 weeks. Sad really.
As in arrived in the UK or at the dealer?

Dealer. It says contact dealer to make collection plans. Code 70.
That was crazy quick, didn't yours land on Wednesday like mine? Audi asked me if I wanted to hold off and wait for the 19 plate to be registered instead of the 68, I said no thank you. Different plate same car and more waiting?? I'm ok thanks lol but hey each to their own :)

Reactions: ijachelsea
That was crazy quick, didn't yours land on Wednesday like mine? Audi asked me if I wanted to hold off and wait for the 19 plate to be registered instead of the 68, I said no thank you. Different plate same car and more waiting?? I'm ok thanks lol but hey each to their own :)
Yes it was so quick. Its gone from Left Ingolstat in Dec nothing for 7 weeks and then on boat, arrived UK, arrived dealer within 4 days
{"orderStatus":"70","statusDate":"2019-02-01T01:00:25+0000"}
,{"orderStatus":"40","statusDate":"2019-01-30T01:00:23+0000"}
,{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2019-01-29T01:00:20+0000"},
{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2018-12-21T01:00:17+0000"}
,{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2018-12-03T00:00:00+0000"}

When will yours be ready?

Reactions: Khaled
Yes it was so quick. Its gone from Left Ingolstat in Dec nothing for 7 weeks and then on boat, arrived UK, arrived dealer within 4 days
{"orderStatus":"70","statusDate":"2019-02-01T01:00:25+0000"}
,{"orderStatus":"40","statusDate":"2019-01-30T01:00:23+0000"}
,{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2019-01-29T01:00:20+0000"},
{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2018-12-21T01:00:17+0000"}
,{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2018-12-03T00:00:00+0000"}

When will yours be ready?
I was told two weeks. This is my text thus far

:[{"orderStatus":"40","statusDate":"2019-01-29T01:02:33+0000"},{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2019-01-26T01:02:29+0000"},{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2019-01-17T01:02:02+0000"},{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2019-01-14T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2019-01-12T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2019-01-11T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2019-01-10T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2018-12-05T01:01:24+0000"}

I was told two weeks. This is my text thus far

:[{"orderStatus":"40","statusDate":"2019-01-29T01:02:33+0000"},{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2019-01-26T01:02:29+0000"},{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2019-01-17T01:02:02+0000"},{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2019-01-14T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2019-01-12T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2019-01-11T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2019-01-10T00:00:00+0000"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2018-12-05T01:01:24+0000"}
My dates were affected by a 3 week shut down over Christmas but it seems to have straight to 70 in quick time. I'll ring dealer tomorrow and update.

Reactions: Khaled
Lease people not in till Monday, but sales confirmed it IS at dealer.:icon thumright:

Reactions: WesT-gefül, DaveW, Khaled and 1 other person
Mine arrived safely this morning but is absolutely filthy! Looking forward to giving it a good clean next week when the weather gets better

Only thing wrong is that the ten digit code on the keyfob to connect the myaudi app to the car is missing so no way to remote manage the car. Emailed the lease company so hopefully they can arrange another one.

I've got the 35 black edition with tech pack in manual. Does anyone know if this has the sports display? I can't seem to find it but like the idea of boost gauge and g meter.

Also noticed a green icon pop up on the speedomospe with a foot on a pedal. Need to read the manual to understand what all this stuff means.

Reactions: DaveW, Inti786, ijachelsea and 1 other person
Mine arrived safely this morning but is absolutely filthy! Looking forward to giving it a good clean next week when the weather gets better

Only thing wrong is that the ten digit code on the keyfob to connect the myaudi app to the car is missing so no way to remote manage the car. Emailed the lease company so hopefully they can arrange another one.

I've got the 35 black edition with tech pack in manual. Does anyone know if this has the sports display? I can't seem to find it but like the idea of boost gauge and g meter.

Also noticed a green icon pop up on the speedomospe with a foot on a pedal. Need to read the manual to understand what all this stuff means.
I bet most people know what a boost gauge is (so no ebay link needed) but no one knows what a speedomospe is. Couldn't even find one on Amazon. Is it like a fast wasp or mosquito? And do they really have feet? :chuncky:

Reactions: liveseytowers

I have also noticed the green foot on a pedal icon....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e690a4ff63067576d727c192a4954802.jpg

Reactions: G.S and ijachelsea
e690a4ff63067576d727c192a4954802.jpg

The sat nav detects upcoming junctions, roundabouts and speed limit decreases. I think it's called "predictive efficiency" and is a recommendation to coast, in order to save fuel.

The sat nav detects upcoming junctions, roundabouts and speed limit decreases. I think it's called "predictive efficiency" and is a recommendation to coast, in order to save fuel.
As usual with Audi / tech it is a bit random; there is a long downhill near me where it coasts sometimes but not others.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

You've waited forever.
February's a short month.
Wait and register it on a '19 plate.
Better price come resale time, and feelgood factor of a proper "new" plate, rather than it feeling instantly "old" on your '68 plate as you see the new '19 plates driving around in a couple of weeks!
Win-win.:icon thumright:

What is this connect to the myaudi app? Is this for every car?

What is this connect to the myaudi app? Is this for every car?

You can connect the myaudi app to the car which enables remote management of the car. You can see it's current location and do other things. Not sure what as I can't get it working :)

My friend had his Audi A5 stolen and he found where it was parked using the app and recovered it himself.

Reactions: Inti786
You can unlock and lock the doors, shows you your location and the cars location, when your service is due and if your doors and windows are open, that's about it

You've waited forever.
February's a short month.
Wait and register it on a '19 plate.
Better price come resale time, and feelgood factor of a proper "new" plate, rather than it feeling instantly "old" on your '68 plate as you see the new '19 plates driving around in a couple of weeks!
Win-win.:icon thumright:
Thanks for that I think I will if possible :yes:

Reactions: loftylad
You can unlock and lock the doors, shows you your location and the cars location, when your service is due and if your doors and windows are open, that's about it

Shame we don’t get remote start like the US. Being able to warm the car up in the morning before going out would be amazing!

I found a plastyc strip in my document folder with the last 6 digits of the VIN on it. It also has a scratch off strip. Is this the code? I don't want to scratch it off if I am not supposed to.

Thanks

Shame we don’t get remote start like the US. Being able to warm the car up in the morning before going out would be amazing!
Yeah agreed, my brother can turn his heaters on without starting the engine which is far better than what we can do

Can't happen in the UK currently because the law states so. There might be changes to the legislation in the future though to allow for self parking cars...

I found a plastyc strip in my document folder with the last 6 digits of the VIN on it. It also has a scratch off strip. Is this the code? I don't want to scratch it off if I am not supposed to.

Thanks

That is exactly where mine was. I had an email back from the lease company telling me this is where it was. I hadn't noticed it on mine. Since entering it into the MMI i've noticed that maps now shows as online and has a google logo in the corner where as before it didn't. I still can't get the google earth maps on but sure its a setting away somewhere.

That is exactly where mine was. I had an email back from the lease company telling me this is where it was. I hadn't noticed it on mine. Since entering it into the MMI i've noticed that maps now shows as online and has a google logo in the corner where as before it didn't. I still can't get the google earth maps on but sure its a setting away somewhere.

You need to change the ‘map display’ to satellite

You need to change the ‘map display’ to satellite

I've done that but nothing happened. I've read elsewhere on the forum that changing the setting can be a bit hit and miss and it'll eventually apply.

Make sure you set it on the main MMI screen and not purely through the VC as well. I found that sometimes you have to do that for it to change the settings for some reason.

I guess you've setup your MyAudi connect account? Both online through a web browser and through the car's MMI?

Collection Friday! Wasn't expecting it for another few weeks, currently still at the docks according to my JSON code (40)

Just trying to sort out insurance and train tickets up to collect.

Get mine 1st March

Asked about compensation....

Gave me the spiel about price protected etc

And an offer of full tank, keyring and polo shirt.....or 150 quid....

Said give me 140 quid,keyring and the polo shirt just to see what they said.....

Reactions: ijachelsea and Khaled
I've signed my docs and collecting on Thurs all being well.

No faffing about with moving the deposit money around.... I'm just paying what was agreed and the dealership will pay the rest and claim it back off Audi.

5 day free insurance is standard... even for leasing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: ijachelsea, Khaled and Tsuchiya
Appreciate it... I’ll maybe go to Audi UK direct to see if I can get some leverage on my dealer

Good luck with that, daughter had a major brake fail on her new S3, she could have died that night if she had been travelling any faster.
We spent 6 months speaking with Audi HQ in Milton Keynes, they even sent a Master Technician all the way to Scotland to fix the issue but he was brainless, and did not have a clue, worst bit is he was only interested in protecting Audi.
Considering what happened to her car and the potential consequences Audi were NOT interested.
Following some serious fault finding by our local Audi dealer they condemned the car and not fit to drive until fault was found. We never drove the car again, car was then transported to Milton Keynes for investigation and believe it or not they sold it on and is back on the road.
Some poor soul is driving around in a potential death trap.

The staff in Milton Keynes are CLUELESS and not interested, we went as far as we could but got nowhere with them.
Luckily our local dealer found us a new S3 that had just come off the boat from Germany and got it re-routed to our dealer in Scotland.

Good luck with Audi Milton Keynes staff, they employ robots who read everything from a crib sheet.