Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

haha not many of us have got much to moan about now, sure we can find another thread to be apart of once the nightmare is over. I personally have nothing else to report in terms of my car. I know it's in the UK, been told I should get the documents at some point and then arrange the delivery. My guess would be week commencing Feb 11th but who knows....
When did yours arrive in the UK?

Mine updated today - do you know how long mine is likely to be before it gets to the dealer.?

When did yours arrive in the UK?

Mine updated today - do you know how long mine is likely to be before it gets to the dealer.?
Well... my tracker says it's arrived at the dealership but the dealship say they don't have it and it's still at the UK port. Apparently the tracker is unreliable. Nice!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: ijachelsea
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't find it at the dealership. When I once ordered a ford focus I drove past the dealership and saw it in the pound, popped in to look at it however the salesperson was adament it wasn't mine. An hour later the same acutely embarrassed salesperson rang me to say it was...

Reactions: AntNut, Khaled and Jcbmally
Having cancelled my A4 Avant BE 45TFSi on Monday, I test drove a 4 month old (2150 miles on clock) S4 Avant today - and was immediately smitten. I’ve bought it and will collect tomorrow afternoon and I cannot wait.

I appreciate that I wasn’t waiting for a new car as long as some of you (I placed my order in early October) but with no news on the new car until at least mid-February and a likely delivery date in April or even May, I gave up and cancelled. Whilst the S4 hasn’t got all the ‘toys’ that I would have liked, it does have the essentials ones as well as a couple of others that are obviously unique to the S4 or ones that I wouldn’t normally have ordered.

Reactions: tickedon, loftylad, RandomUsername129 and 4 others
Whilst the S4 hasn’t got all the ‘toys’ that I would have liked, it does have the essentials ones as well as a couple of others that are obviously unique to the S4 or ones that I wouldn’t normally have ordered.
Just do what I did and add the other toys

Reactions: REB154 and Jcbmally
Well... my tracker says it's arrived at the dealership but the dealship say they don't have it and it's still at the UK port. Apparently the tracker is unreliable. Nice!

Annnd the drama continues. I've heard different things about the tracker, some saying it's behind what's actually happening, others say it's spot on. I never know what to believe and it's hard to make a call on what is true when this is all being said by Audi employees.

Let us know how you get on Ant. I'm going to wait till Monday now and then call Audi and see if anything has changed. I imagine the port is ram packed with cars so might take some time.

Reactions: AntNut
Having cancelled my A4 Avant BE 45TFSi on Monday, I test drove a 4 month old (2150 miles on clock) S4 Avant today - and was immediately smitten. I’ve bought it and will collect tomorrow afternoon and I cannot wait.

I appreciate that I wasn’t waiting for a new car as long as some of you (I placed my order in early October) but with no news on the new car until at least mid-February and a likely delivery date in April or even May, I gave up and cancelled. Whilst the S4 hasn’t got all the ‘toys’ that I would have liked, it does have the essentials ones as well as a couple of others that are obviously unique to the S4 or ones that I wouldn’t normally have ordered.

That’s fair enough, the waiting around and lack of information has been really frustrating to deal with. The lease I agreed to was the only reason I didn’t look elsewhere.

I’m glad (and slightly envious) to hear you found a good alternative you don’t have to wait for. Enjoy!

Reactions: REB154
Whilst the S4 hasn’t got all the ‘toys’ that I would have liked, it does have the essentials ones as well as a couple of others that are obviously unique to the S4 or ones that I wouldn’t normally have ordered.
Its got the most important toy though mate, the engine. Congrats and I'm sure you will enjoy it. Somethings happen for a reason.
Don't forget the pics.

Reactions: RandomUsername129, RB84, REB154 and 2 others
Annnd the drama continues. I've heard different things about the tracker, some saying it's behind what's actually happening, others say it's spot on. I never know what to believe and it's hard to make a call on what is true when this is all being said by Audi employees.

Let us know how you get on Ant. I'm going to wait till Monday now and then call Audi and see if anything has changed. I imagine the port is ram packed with cars so might take some time.
I found the tracker to be spot on. When it told me my A4, and my previous a3 had arrived at the dealers, they had.
It's in here https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/youraudi-track-new-car-order.254578/

Reactions: Khaled
Have to agree that I’ve found the tracker to be spot on for last 3 cars

If that is the case my json text show status ready to be transported to dealer. Can't lie I'm starting to get excited by the prospect of having this car in like 3 weeks or so
My json code is 70 which arrived at the dealership.... but if they're saying it hasn't then there is something dodgy going on

Paperwork came through for me to sign and send back!

Already registered so couldn’t push for a 19 plate but whatever. Did notice on the paperwork that the advance rental is significantly more than what I paid in May but I’m not having to pay anything extra or have any funny business done with my accounts.

Reactions: WesT-gefül and Khaled

Already registered so couldn’t push for a 19 plate but whatever. Did notice on the paperwork that the advance rental is significantly more than what I paid in May but I’m not having to pay anything extra or have any funny business done with my accounts.
Wow that was quick .Did that come in the post or via email?

You have me confused now. Whilst my car is in the UK, I have had no contact with the dealer about its arrival yet which is fine. But, what would not be fine with me is to get so close to the end of Feb and they say it's been registered already.
I thought it had to be registered to someone who owns it ie in your case the finance company. Does it mean the dealer has registered first and it will then be sold to the finance company as 2nd owner.
The reason I say this is because I am keen to avoid, at this late stage an '18 plate. Do I have any say in this?

Wow that was quick .Did that come in the post or via email?

Email, but I’ll also need to send a copy back by post with my original licence.

You have me confused now. Whilst my car is in the UK, I have had no contact with the dealer about its arrival yet which is fine. But, what would not be fine with me is to get so close to the end of Feb and they say it's been registered already.
I thought it had to be registered to someone who owns it ie in your case the finance company. Does it mean the dealer has registered first and it will then be sold to the finance company as 2nd owner.
The reason I say this is because I am keen to avoid, at this late stage an '18 plate. Do I have any say in this?

To be fair I get the feeling my dealership is keen to get this over with. My car has already been registered with a 68 plate (even tells me what it is on the paperwork) even though my tracker hasn’t changed and it’s still sitting at port (json code still 40). I guess as mine is a lease and not owned by me I wasn’t given the option to push registration.

Confirmed I could collect though, dealer originally mentioned delivery to me which is a bit annoying because delivery miles will apparently come out of my total allowance.

Depends really on how you are financing the car ?

Its got the most important toy though mate, the engine. Congrats and I'm sure you will enjoy it. Somethings happen for a reason.
Don't forget the pics.
Done! :)

Got back home earlier this afternoon after 120 mile drive from the dealer in my new (to me) S4 Avant. Weather was far too cold to put it through its paces but we are certainly pleased with it. It is certainly a step or two up from the S3.

The car is dirty from the journey.

IMG 0478 2 IMG 0480 2 IMG 0479 IMG 0481 2

Reactions: RandomUsername129, Richard Donald, loftylad and 12 others
It's a lease only via an Audi main dealer and Audi finance 3 years (1 +35 m)

I am sure that they will want to register it ASAP so they can claim the sale and get it released at the earliest time they can to you / their customers .

I am sure that they will want to register it ASAP so they can claim the sale and get it released at the earliest time they can to you / their customers .
But can they register it before the finance docs are signed because there is no buyer / finance co. to register it to is there?

It feels like the Mary Celeste on this topic. All those who have their cars now seem to have left us and postings are gradually drying up.

What will come first Brexit or the last of WLTP delayed cars. By 29th March hopefully we'll all have our cars. :smile new:

ps Had to edit it as I always thought it was the Marie Celeste but apparently not.

The paperwork would have been done before then so I don’t see that being a issue. A disorderly brexit could impact it far worse. It’s the worst self inflicted wound.

Reactions: ijachelsea
Day 265 update: Just had a call from Audi Kings Lynn really nice lady called Maddie. Car is being sent for agency approval, once that is done documents will be sent out to me. So looking at deliverly in two weeks. Ohhhh the excitement!!!

Reactions: loftylad, Hambee1234, cuke2u and 1 other person
Just checked my bank account. £5 grand been credited......I guess this will be whipped out soon.....just waiting on a call from the bank now....

Have to say that I am quite delighted with the car. Twin exhausts are both working. I think someone asked about that earlier.

Reactions: DaveW and Hambee1234
Day 265 update: Just had a call from Audi Kings Lynn really nice lady called Maddie. Car is being sent for agency approval, once that is done documents will be sent out to me. So looking at deliverly in two weeks. Ohhhh the excitement!!!
Yeah ditto.

What select mode do you guys drive on?

I drive in auto mostly, the power is there and the gearbox/steering adapts quite quickly to the way you want to drive,

Of course i put it in dynamic with the gearbox in S sometimes :D

I havent tested the manual shifter, does the rev range increase even further before you can change gear?

Also on manual shifter mode, say if you ‘red lined’ the car would the gear change auto or would it just rev out till you change the gear yourself?

Now you peps are starting to receive your cars you may well wish to use this service https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/audi-ensurance-brilliant-free-service.384345/ and consider GAP insurance for your vehicles for some of you https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/car-insurance/gap-insurance/

Thanks for the heads up!

For those leasing: have you enquired about the 5 days free insurance others have mentioned? Asked just now but my dealer said Audi no longer offer it?

I’m beginning to suspect that while they’ve been professional, they’re really not interested in finding this out for me or going out of their way at all. I was incorrectly told that the tech package would remove the flat bottom wheel from the Black Edition (it doesn’t), then the rear badges couldn’t be removed during the PDI and had to be factory selected (others have said otherwise), and now this with the insurance. The last one is fine, five days is neither here or there but it’s a bit annoying that I’m getting told things that aren’t true.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsuchiya
I drive in auto mostly, the power is there and the gearbox/steering adapts quite quickly to the way you want to drive,

I havent tested the manual shifter, does the rev range increase even further before you can change gear?

Also on manual shifter mode, say if you ‘red lined’ the car would the gear change auto or would it just rev out till you change the gear yourself?
I normally drive in comfort however I'm filling up too regularly for how far I drove so wondering if I need to change it up

If you perform a search there are quite a number of threads on fuel consumption:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ultra-tdi-fuel-consumption.378603/
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/3-0tdi-272-fuel-consumption-comparison.382585/
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/posts/3349643/
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/posts/3289659/
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2-0-tfsi-fuel-consumption.356255/
To show just a few.

I find auto to be the best setting as it switches to dynamic automatically when sensing agressive throttle movements.

It will upshift automatically when it red lines - thats the only disapointment as in my previous M135 it would not upshift at the redline.

I tend to set mine on the individual settings but then use dynamic for sound and automatic for everything else (in the individual setting)