Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

Day 260 : My Audi has finally arrived in the UK. One more step closer....

Reactions: ijachelsea, WesT-gefül, DaveW and 2 others
Almost 11 months in, car has been at the dealer since mid-December, still no paperwork from VWFS. So close, yet so far

Almost 11 months in, car has been at the dealer since mid-December, still no paperwork from VWFS. So close, yet so far

That’s insane, what have they said is the delay?

Mine has finally left Emden, currently on the ship to the UK.

Finally have a build week! 3L TDI, SLine in red. Ordered on the 11th March. Build week is 09 (18th Feb)

Reactions: loftylad, Hambee1234, Alnicopro and 2 others
I finally managed to get mine insured, just in time for the free 5 day insurance running out. What a mammoth task that was though. I must have spent hours on the phone to insurers. They kept saying they had found the right vehicle, then when it came to it, I always spotted an error, like estate/saloon, petrol/diesel etc. It makes me wonder how many people are driving around with the wrong vehicle model insured... pretty bad really!!

Reactions: tickedon
What's your json code? Mine now says 60 'despatched to retailer'.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Wow Ant that was quick mate. Hopefully you will get it soon. Mine is 39 now but everywhere I read they say that means it's in the UK. Plus the last ship I could see going to Grimsby from Emden was like 8pm. So hopefully not too far behind you.

Some photos....car needs a wash though.

Attachments

• CE800508-E3EE-4D1E-B967-24CFAD14B09F.jpeg
    CE800508-E3EE-4D1E-B967-24CFAD14B09F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 465
  • 57315D49-AA22-42F5-A1B9-84B2C102A598.jpeg
    57315D49-AA22-42F5-A1B9-84B2C102A598.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 460
  • 3BD740F2-C90E-4CC3-BCC3-8CFBC83CECC3.jpeg
    3BD740F2-C90E-4CC3-BCC3-8CFBC83CECC3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 462
  • 4F1D6D20-5A69-4947-AA6E-A0B409636FA9.jpeg
    4F1D6D20-5A69-4947-AA6E-A0B409636FA9.jpeg
    889.1 KB · Views: 457
Reactions: WesT-gefül, Psychoscot, Richard Donald and 11 others
Thanks DaveW.
I like the lights under the door handles and the 4 rings under the doors.

Attachments

• C440378A-321A-44C8-AD8A-2E2B06472821.jpeg
    C440378A-321A-44C8-AD8A-2E2B06472821.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 375
  • 2102BCDD-7409-4403-AC2C-102D1B430E4E.jpeg
    2102BCDD-7409-4403-AC2C-102D1B430E4E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 367
Reactions: NevMan, Hambee1234, DaveW and 6 others
Has anyone yet received a BE Avant and if so what spec. Mine seems to have been stuck on Code 30 since Dec. :grumpy:

Were the Audi rings optional extras or did you receive them a good Will ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the dealer did not know that the rings were in the glove box. I had to tell them where they were. The lights under the door were a good will gesture and I also asked for an Audi travel mug which I was given.

Reactions: Hambee1234
I asked if the dealer can install the Audi decals and they said they can't because it takes time to prep and make sure they are installed correctly.... Bit of a rubbish excuse but seeing as the lease deal is so cheap they don't seem to care.

Are the Audi rings on the puddle lights part of the extended light pack? The extended light pack was the only extra I added after the tech pack.

I asked if the dealer can install the Audi decals and they said they can't because it takes time to prep and make sure they are installed correctly.... Bit of a rubbish excuse but seeing as the lease deal is so cheap they don't seem to care.

Are the Audi rings on the puddle lights part of the extended light pack? The extended light pack was the only extra I added after the tech pack.

No they are not included in the extended lighting pack, these would have to be brought
I purchased mine for £50, somebody posted a ebay link above for genuine ones. Good price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: liveseytowers
As I need to shift my existing S3 sooner rather than later, I've just cancelled my A4 Avant order as my dealer still has no idea as to when the 45 TFSI engine models will be released. They have agreed to return my deposit which I'm grateful for.

I'm now looking at Approved Used cars and have seen a very nice well spec'd S4 Avant for lees than the new A4 Avant I ordered.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and DaveW
What's your json code? Mine now says 60 'despatched to retailer'.

Hi Bud, you heard anything from the dealer about when you might be getting the car pal? My app give me a notification to say my order status has changed but it hasn't.

I've just been told I should be able to pick up my 45tfsi on Thursday. Excited now

Reactions: ijachelsea and Khaled
Looks great mate .. congrats !

I see you also got the Audi rings .

Well played yesterday too nice draw at the game haha . ( helps us out )

Not a great game, but a point all the same. Top 6 is priority, European place would just be the bees knees.

Reactions: Hambee1234
The ship with my car is due at port this evening!

Anyone know roughly how long afterwards it takes to get to the dealer?

I've just been told I should be able to pick up my 45tfsi on Thursday. Excited now
A 45 TFSI? My salesman told me there would no news on the 45 TFSI until mid-February!

I've cancelled my order and put a deposit on a used S4 Avant that I'm going look at on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
A 45 TFSI? My salesman told me there would no news on the 45 TFSI until mid-February!

I've cancelled my order and put a deposit on a used S4 Avant that I'm going look at on Wednesday.
Well they've told me it should be sorted by then. I am a bit sceptical though as to whether it will be happening.

Hi Bud, you heard anything from the dealer about when you might be getting the car pal? My app give me a notification to say my order status has changed but it hasn't.
No mate but I reckon it will be at the dealer tomorrow so maybe be ready by the end of this week, but seeing as I'm out of the country all this week I'm aiming for weekend after.

Reactions: Khaled
Mines due for delivery on Saturday and has a 210 mile drive from Bury St Edmund to Bristol and the forecast is snow :( I suspect it might not turn up

Blooming weather such poor timing. Let's hope they don't set off and something unfortunate happens..

Reactions: Khaled and liveseytowers
Mine's finally on its way to the UK.

Let's hope for no icebergs. :pride:

Reactions: Inti786, Tsuchiya and DaveW
Car arrived at port yesterday, tracker confirms it's in the UK and my monthly Experian report shows VWFS has just done another credit check.

Fingers crossed this means the paperwork comes through soon and I can finally start looking forward to delivery!

Reactions: Khaled, ijachelsea and liveseytowers
I finally managed to get mine insured, just in time for the free 5 day insurance running out. What a mammoth task that was though. I must have spent hours on the phone to insurers. They kept saying they had found the right vehicle, then when it came to it, I always spotted an error, like estate/saloon, petrol/diesel etc. It makes me wonder how many people are driving around with the wrong vehicle model insured... pretty bad really!!

I thought I'd sorted my insurance out without issues but I went to pay for it today and they had quoted me for the diesel and they had similar issues finding it. I've got the 35 tfsi and they could only find the estate. Recommend everyone checks their paperwork to make sure the right car is on the policy to prevent issues if the worst happens!

Reactions: Khaled, Azonicds2, ijachelsea and 1 other person
Has anyone had any issues with the wireless charging box? Got an IPhone 7 but can’t get the phone to charge when placing in the box.

Has anyone had any issues with the wireless charging box? Got an IPhone 7 but can’t get the phone to charge when placing in the box.

iPhone 7 doesn't support wireless charging so it's not going to work.

Reactions: WesT-gefül, AntNut and Hambee1234
I thought I'd sorted my insurance out without issues but I went to pay for it today and they had quoted me for the diesel and they had similar issues finding it. I've got the 35 tfsi and they could only find the estate. Recommend everyone checks their paperwork to make sure the right car is on the policy to prevent issues if the worst happens!

exactly the issues i had, had to cancel one policy as when it came through it was wrong, finally got Direct Line to go to underwriters quoting the diesel version and got them to ammend it to petrol. waiting for documents now but i am praying it is all right. In the end i just said look. it needs to be listed as an Audi A4 - 4dr saloon 2.oL 150 bhp Petrol Black edition auto. Confirmed with them several times that it is now right, so if it ever comes to a claim, i cannot see it being objected, i have tried to be as up front as possible. Just an absolute nightmare though. Only thing the model on my insurance doesn't mention is the '35', but since that only defines the above anyway i assume thats ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: Khaled, liveseytowers and AntNut
With regard to insurance companies not having details of all models, take a look at https://www.motorquotedirect.co.uk/what-insurance-group-is-my-car/
Upon entering year, manufacturer and A4 the drop down box appears to list all engine, model, fuel, gearbox, body derivatives .
@Azonicds2 your particular vehicle is 13th up from the bottom of the list. If this company has all the models other companies should have them too.
Speaking to a friend who has a new A4 TFSI 150 35 when he was trying to insure it his insurance company were quoting 110Kw figures rather than 150PS.

Reactions: Khaled, liveseytowers and ijachelsea
It feels like the Mary Celeste on this topic. All those who have their cars now seem to have left us and postings are gradually drying up.

What will come first Brexit or the last of WLTP delayed cars. By 29th March hopefully we'll all have our cars. :smile new:

ps Had to edit it as I always thought it was the Marie Celeste but apparently not.

Reactions: loftylad, tickedon and DaveW
It feels like the Mary Celeste on this topic. All those who have their cars now seem to have left us and postings are gradually drying up.

What will come first Brexit or the last of WLTP delayed cars. By 29th March hopefully we'll all have our cars. :smile new:
haha not many of us have got much to moan about now, sure we can find another thread to be apart of once the nightmare is over. I personally have nothing else to report in terms of my car. I know it's in the UK, been told I should get the documents at some point and then arrange the delivery. My guess would be week commencing Feb 11th but who knows....

Reactions: ijachelsea