Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

My understanding from contacts in the industry is that the projected residual values of diesel cars are so dire looking forward 3 or 4 years are now that the finance companies that underwrite leasing deals are erring on the side of caution and either quoting much higher monthly rates or point blank refusing to take the business. The roll on effect is that many people with lease cars on order aren't able to take delivery as the leasing companies can't agree a price.

Another week goes by. I think it will be early Feb I get mine at the earliest. I’m leasing so don’t really care about the new reg in March. I just need a car now, been forced to hire a car for work for a few weeks to get me by. I am so sick of the wait and like the earlier post said I would have cancelled my order if I had known I would wait this long. I could have had a new A6 instead. But anyway I’m here now. I have seen two of the 35 tfsi BE in the last few days. The new front grille and bumper is very aggressive looking on the road.

Hello...quick update....so after ordering last May, I took delivery of this beauty yesterday..

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 251
Reactions: ijachelsea, DaveW, Khaled and 3 others
I've been exhibiting at the Autosport show for the past two days, so just catching up on what's going on with everyone's deliveries, it seems nothing has changed for us 40 TFSI saloon guys at all - frustrating! My car had a reg number put on it at the dealers a couple of weeks ago and I've found out this morning that it's got to be de-registered and re-registered with a new reg number (never heard that one before) and that the discrepancy in finance (someone mentioned £5k earlier in the thread) needs to be sorted before delivery and that, it seems, is what the hold up is on the 40 tfsi cars

I've been exhibiting at the Autosport show for the past two days, so just catching up on what's going on with everyone's deliveries, it seems nothing has changed for us 40 TFSI saloon guys at all - frustrating! My car had a reg number put on it at the dealers a couple of weeks ago and I've found out this morning that it's got to be de-registered and re-registered with a new reg number (never heard that one before) and that the discrepancy in finance (someone mentioned £5k earlier in the thread) needs to be sorted before delivery and that, it seems, is what the hold up is on the 40 tfsi cars

Unbelievable. The difference in cost worries me. As I got a really good deal on my lease, I won’t be entertaining any prices rises. What a shambles this whole thing is.

Reactions: JonaP and Farhan96
Hi all
I know this was asked for earlier

Just got the chance to take this pic In daylight
A4 MY16 sline avant and my new A4 BE MY19 Saloon lights side by side

I don’t think the light clusters on the new BE are tinted but just a slightly different style internally but let me know your thoughts ??

Attachments

• 8DEA6057-2E8A-4CD6-8CB4-2E44E47727BE.jpeg
    8DEA6057-2E8A-4CD6-8CB4-2E44E47727BE.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 246
  • AD26B506-2A46-42CC-9763-65C00DD0F0BC.jpeg
    AD26B506-2A46-42CC-9763-65C00DD0F0BC.jpeg
    322.6 KB · Views: 230
Reactions: TimkinBokeh, JonaP and Inti786
Hopefully the docs are sorted out for the 40 TFSI real soon,

Has anyone received a 40 TFSI on lease yet? If so did your payments (Price protected) stay the same etc? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding from contacts in the industry is that the projected residual values of diesel cars are so dire looking forward 3 or 4 years are now that the finance companies that underwrite leasing deals are erring on the side of caution and either quoting much higher monthly rates or point blank refusing to take the business. The roll on effect is that many people with lease cars on order aren't able to take delivery as the leasing companies can't agree a price.
The, so called, 'experts' are though predicting a diesel revival maybe this year once the buying public's confidence is restored and the realisation that the new diesels are cleaner than petrol.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/autocars-guide-what-will-happen-2019 although it won't change my opinion but the number of petrol engined versions of models appears to be lessening under the new wltp legislation...

Saw my first facelift A4 BE today at the Liverpool Audi showroom (wife's Q2 needed a brake software update recall) .
It was a saloon and I love the revised front end. It was in Turbo Blue, I think. Not sure it's my sort of colour though.

Reactions: TimkinBokeh
Just thinking out loud but I’m worried that they will wait until new reg in feb before releasing the 40 tfsi if there is a price difference? It might help their figures stack up.

Just thinking out loud but I’m worried that they will wait until new reg in feb before releasing the 40 tfsi if there is a price difference? It might help their figures stack up.

Im sure some have already collected a 40 tfsi with no issues and price promise has been adhered to,

This just does not add up.. I think there is more issues than said the figures for the finance documents can't be the only reason for the delays. we are being kept in the dark about something else which they don't want us to find out because realistically all our finance documents are going to be near the same excluding the miles and maybe if we added any extras but we are paying on top of our basic leasing deal anyway so that shouldn't bother them. Just a shame that our cars are sitting at the dealerships and we can't even do nothing about it!

Reactions: JonaP
Well the status for my car has finally moved to 'Arrived'. So - should have it next week! Order date was the 1st May.

Can someone who has taken delivery of a 40 TDI S-Line tell me if it comes with a space saver spare wheel. I had a look at one in the showroom (albeit a 40 TDI Quattro) and it had no spare wheel present, just the battery sitting in the center under the boot floor (maybe the wheel was removed for some reason).

Well the status for my car has finally moved to 'Arrived'. So - should have it next week! Order date was the 1st May.

Can someone who has taken delivery of a 40 TDI S-Line tell me if it comes with a space saver spare wheel. I had a look at one in the showroom (albeit a 40 TDI Quattro) and it had no spare wheel present, just the battery sitting in the center under the boot floor (maybe the wheel was removed for some reason).

Sorry to seem negative, but don’t get your hopes up. My car had arrived at the dealership on the 21st December. Still waiting for it....it’s there, but I can’t have it..

Sorry to seem negative, but don’t get your hopes up. My car had arrived at the dealership on the 21st December. Still waiting for it....it’s there, but I can’t have it..

Finance docs should be sorted by next week for all models

Reactions: JonaP
Hi All, I placed my order for a BE 40tfsi with tech pack on Thursday at Sheffield Audi. Are the delays that are discussed in here all through lease company’s? I have been given the usual 12 week lead time.

Finance docs should be sorted by next week for all models

How do you know this for sure? I’ve been fed this lie for a few weeks now. Always, “any day now”. You can probably tell that after 8 months I’m more than fed up

How do you know this for sure? I’ve been fed this lie for a few weeks now. Always, “any day now”. You can probably tell that after 8 months I’m more than fed up

Received an update, been advised now that the 40tfsi are on the finance system (audi finance uk website) the docs will filter through quickly, so lets see next week and hopefully we can be in our cars very soon, its all getting too for much everyone (inc me), just want to have the car now.

Reactions: RyanA4.87, JonaP and Raees patel
Well the status for my car has finally moved to 'Arrived'. So - should have it next week! Order date was the 1st May.....
My tacker went from a build date of 26th Nov. to 3rd Dec. back to 26th Nov. where it sat for a while with the various stages being passed until it got to quality control where it sat for a while then went right back to Order Received and a build date of Jan 14th. Then it indicated that it was in transit and then in the UK. It never said that it had arrived but I got an email from the dealer last Tuesday (8th Jan) to say that it was ready for collection the next day. So everything's all over the place but it could be good news. My fingers are crossed for you (40 TDi BE S-Tronic Avant, ordered late May). Haven't picked it up yet, BTW. I'm holding out for the new plate and some better weather. Unless my Golf dies in the meantime, of course.....

Reactions: cuke2u
So glad I cancelled the A4 order and got the new A6. Can't believe the facelift A4 could be out by by June.

Reactions: tickedon and DaveW

Space saver in the boot mate .

Reactions: Nick_B
Received an update, been advised now that the 40tfsi are on the finance system (audi finance uk website) the docs will filter through quickly, so lets see next week and hopefully we can be in our cars very soon, its all getting too for much everyone (inc me), just want to have the car now.

I really hope so mate. Like you say it’s really tainted the whole process for me. It’s been a totally joke and. I expect I will forget when I get the car......hopefully

Reactions: JonaP and Inti786
Reactions: ijachelsea and DaveW
Hi All, I placed my order for a BE 40tfsi with tech pack on Thursday at Sheffield Audi. Are the delays that are discussed in here all through lease company’s? I have been given the usual 12 week lead time.

Mine was direct through Stoke Audi. The delays were on all A4 orders. I’m guessing they’re being optimistic about clearing the backlog in time to give a normal lead time on new orders. Can only be a good thing I guess!

In other news, my web tracker has moved my order along from “paint shop” to “assembly.” I’m trying to stay positive that I might see the ****** thing next month despite the app tracker still stuck at “perpetration” and faff you guys ahead of me are going through with paperwork and insurance.

They had a couple of facelift BE A4’s in, so they are getting them through. The sales guy said he’ll give me an update next week.

Reactions: Inti786
Maybe I am being cynical, but this is going to cost somebody a lot of cash, either Audi themselves, the finance firms or the dealerships. However I don’t think the dealerships will suffer this.
Are the finance/leasing firms hoping to **** us off enough to cancel the great deals they have already agreed. Maybe not as I think most of us have waited this long and can wait another couple of weeks.

Maybe I am being cynical, but this is going to cost somebody a lot of cash, either Audi themselves, the finance firms or the dealerships. However I don’t think the dealerships will suffer this.
Are the finance/leasing firms hoping to **** us off enough to cancel the great deals they have already agreed. Maybe not as I think most of us have waited this long and can wait another couple of weeks.

Definitely not the dealerships. Whenever I spoke to mine about pricing they were very careful to say “Audi” would be guaranteeing the prices not “us”, “we” or the dealership. Let’s hope Audi isn’t being completely mercenary in this and take it on the chin themselves.

Reactions: TimkinBokeh
I am price protected on a lease deal but worried the price might go up... hopefully its ok..

I am price protected on a lease deal but worried the price might go up... hopefully its ok..

I doubt that it will go up from what you agreed. The dealer knows my deal and would have said beforehand.... although more problems wouldn't surprise me!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Inti786
I still have hope for today being the day the documents appear... probably crazy thinking...

Reactions: Connor95_, DaveW, Raees patel and 2 others
Today is the day... I’ve just had finance docs through to sign and send off!

2.0 TFSI BE (40)

Price is same as was ageeed... will receive a delivery date after they’ve been checked

Reactions: DaveW, Raees patel, Inti786 and 1 other person
Today is the day... I’ve just had finance docs through to sign and send off!

2.0 TFSI BE (40)

Price is same as was ageeed... will receive a delivery date after they’ve been checked

BRILLIANT! Was yours a lease?

BRILLIANT! Was yours a lease?

Yes it is! Only 1 change... they want deposit up from rather than after 10 days but I’m not complaining if my car gets here faster.

Reactions: RyanA4.87 and Raees patel
Mat
I doubt that it will go up from what you agreed. The dealer knows my deal and would have said beforehand.... although more problems wouldn't surprise me!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
AntNut, is your tracker showing car is in QC? Just checked mine this morning and it is. It's flown through production since last week.