Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

My dealer contacted me the other day to say that they have had no further information regarding my order (I placed the order in the first week of May) but should know more after the start of September. What was said though, is that the car will not be a facelift. I wonder if this was said to cover themselves; not wanting to make promises they couldn't be 100% certain of.

What's the consensus with you guys? Will it be a facelift if the build week assigned to it is after a certain date? I've not had the build week yet.

Have you got a build date already then?

It be surprised if any build dates confirmed yet waiting since 9th April and heard nothing myself.
Reckon it'll be Sep/Oct before anyone hears anything.

It be surprised if any build dates confirmed yet waiting since 9th April and heard nothing myself.
Reckon it'll be Sep/Oct before anyone hears anything.
I think you're right. Sent the email, anyway, to see what they say. I think the salesperson I'm dealing with, as helpful as she is trying to be, is experiencing the mushroom treatment (kept in the dark and being fed sh*te).

This forum's the best source of information. Input from Audi customers all over the UK; many who have good info to share....

Reactions: DaveW
One thing being asked over and over if others have build dates. No one at Audi will give it to you because they don’t know when your cars will be built and they don’t want to give you a date they, themselves can’t guarantee. There was the article of production being boosted. Once the bottleneck is cleared it’ll be back to business as normal. I appreciate the frustration most of you feel. See if they can help for ongoing costs of keeping your PCP’s etc.

The new emissions have put a spanner in the works, added to that options have created a new issue because, these cars would have to be tested with the options installed. Remember planning production procedures for these cars would have been done well in advance but new regs have turned that upside down just as they were transitioning to a facelift.

Asking the same question of your dealer isn’t t going to get a new answer. They also want this monkey off their backs and will tell you as soon as they can. Knowing the scandal that fell on their heads I’m sure VAG want this airtight.

You either wait for the car and push for the facelift and extra goodies or look elsewhere.

To help as many of you should be writing and emailing Audi to put some serious pressure. Encourage others to do the same.

Reactions: NevMan and Psychoscot
If anyone has written to Audi UK already would you care to share your letter so we can all easily and quickly follow suit? More people the better is a good point by Wes.
My dealer has said our car will be built week commencing 5th Nov.

If anyone has written to Audi UK already would you care to share your letter so we can all easily and quickly follow suit? More people the better is a good point by Wes.
My dealer has said our car will be built week commencing 5th Nov.
Are you waiting for a 150ps TFSI 6 Speed? If so, this is the date of start of production. So if you're at the front of the queue then this date may be correct. If you're not at the front it may be later...

Are you waiting for a 150ps TFSI 6 Speed? If so, this is the date of start of production. So if you're at the front of the queue then this date may be correct. If you're not at the front it may be later...
Yes that’s the one I’m waiting for. Ordered 19th April. Fingers crossed.

Key facts from this forums so far

- no one has a build date for their a4 yet
- we’ve been told build dates resume for a4 in November so it’s unlikely anyone will get their car before then
- no compensation at this stage however it’s best to discuss this when you’re signing the contract
- audi MDs office will tell you nothing, only that there’s a delay of around 50k cars. Uk port has a capacity of 30k cars for audi and so is at capacity
- prices have been locked so you won’t pay more
- if the new car goes over the list of £40k but the price was less on current model then your ved will not go to £450 a year
- looks like everyone will get the face lift model
- your dealer won’t have any more info than what’s here

Reactions: Hambee1234, rnm37, DazNoonan and 1 other person
No. I've emailed the dealer again to ask if the car is being built or, if not, has it been assigned a build start date yet. I've yet to hear back.....

If you don’t have a build date yet then you’ll be getting new model; they won’t be building new and old models at the same
Time

Reactions: TeaMonsta
Key facts from this forums so far

- no one has a build date for their a4 yet
- we’ve been told build dates resume for a4 in November so it’s unlikely anyone will get their car before then
- no compensation at this stage however it’s best to discuss this when you’re signing the contract
- audi MDs office will tell you nothing, only that there’s a delay of around 50k cars. Uk port has a capacity of 30k cars for audi and so is at capacity
- prices have been locked so you won’t pay more
- if the new car goes over the list of £40k but the price was less on current model then your ved will not go to £450 a year
- looks like everyone will get the face lift model
- your dealer won’t have any more info than what’s here
Perfectly summarised, my dealer had told me that we can discuss compensation once a build week has been allocated.

Update on my situation.
Ordered a BE Avant 2.0T 190 in May

I’ve had a build date on the Audi website since I was given the order number from my dealer sometime in June.

I wanted to take delivery in September initially so advertised my current car for sale and potentially has a buyer wanting to collect at the beginning of September.

Thinking of selling up and asking the dealer for a replacement car until my Avant arrives. Worth asking rather than risking the sale of my GTI falling through as nobody is going to hang around for months waiting.

788b9388c1a66922b55f7e6cba24e2e6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@unitzero cheers for the update. Interesting! Has your order always been in the order received status? I ordered basically the same car as you back in March and Mine still says "Welcome" (the first status/dot).

@unitzero cheers for the update. Interesting! Has your order always been in the order received status? I ordered basically the same car as you back in March and Mine still says "Welcome" (the first status/dot).

Yeah, ever since I logged into the Audi website

Update on my situation.
Ordered a BE Avant 2.0T 190 in May

I’ve had a build date on the Audi website since I was given the order number from my dealer sometime in June.

I wanted to take delivery in September initially so advertised my current car for sale and potentially has a buyer wanting to collect at the beginning of September.

Thinking of selling up and asking the dealer for a replacement car until my Avant arrives. Worth asking rather than risking the sale of my GTI falling through as nobody is going to hang around for months waiting.

788b9388c1a66922b55f7e6cba24e2e6.png

51b5f8477aa3e36de30d409547b9f309.png

Mine says 23rd july and dealer said this was incorrect as still awaiting on build date.

Bit of an update from me as I’ve been quiet lately.

Dealer has had no new information as of late which I think is pretty much the same answer as everyone else. Only thing they said was that things should move along in September.

Anyway my circumstances have changed with work and I’ll be back in the country in October where I need a car. So even if I did happen to be lucky and get a BW45, it could still be December until I’d of got it.

So I’ve cancelled my order and purchased a used A4 S-Line 2.0 tdi 150ps with extended black pack from within their group.

Here’s a quick picture from their website.
Sorry about the poor imagine quality.

9C532FE0 732F 42CE 9230 83EAE5AFF03F

Reactions: Yorks777, Psychoscot, cuke2u and 3 others
I inquired about an S5 SB that Jardine Audi have to shift before September. They quoted me 699 a month and I actually did laugh down the phone. They dont seem to have too much urgency to shift the stock just yet!
As it stands I am still keeping the A4 black Ed order live.

Reactions: NevMan
I hope they sorted you out a decent deal on it too.

Looks nice though !

Audi don’t appreciate anyone for their loyalty. We’re just a number to add to their sales figures.

The dealership on the other hand appreciate you a lot more. Well the dealer I use certainly does despite them being 200miles away from me.

I purchased a couple of cars from them 5 years ago when I use to work around that area. I thanked the saleman with an email to the Head of Business. That salesman is now the Sales manager.

Every time I’ve requested a quote he always comes back with a price better that carwow. Even without showing or mentioning any quotes from Carwow.

Anyway the car was at a really good price to start off with but they managed to knock some more money off and drop the APR down. The money they knocked off was the maximum they could/would knock off during the Audi used car event which starts tomorrow. They kindly gave me the money off 2 days before the event starts, as well as the 2 free servicings.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m in no way a special customer and no doubt they’ll still be making money off me. They just seem to be treating me with a bit of loyalty.

Reactions: tickedon and NevMan
I know. I was just telling a little story that not all dealerships are bad haha

Reactions: cuke2u and NevMan
In June I was told you’ll hear something in July, July > August and now we’ll hear something in September.

Guys... would an email such as this echo some of the sentiments here....? I have yet to send it to Audi UK.
--

I am following up on my new car order placed at the beginning of May. To date I have no confirmed delivery date with estimates moving progressively from October, November and now into December (I am assuming these are only estimates as no build week has been allocated and therefore could shift further to the right).

I understand there are significant production delays surround the impending WLTP legislation and Audi’s lack of preparedness in testing / certifying vehicles prior to the 1st September deadline. What is compounding the problem and the negative customer perception is the total absence of communication from Audi. My questions are:
  • Is there any statement / communication from Audi regarding significant delays on new car delivery – a scan of several internet forums shows that numerous others are in the same position and are equally unhappy.
  • I understand that the Ultra variant I ordered (2.0 TDI 190 S-Line Ultra S-Tronic Ultra) will no longer be available for MY19. Can you confirm which engine my car will be delivered with? Also, are the options I specified still available?
  • When will a build slot be confirmed
  • When will the WLTP emissions figures be available
Finally – this will be a company car and was selected at least partially on the basis of 109g Co2 emissions. Can you confirm where I stand if this increases significantly under WLTP, thus pushing me into a higher company cat tax bracket. Would I have the option to cancel?

I fully realise that the fault does not lie with Slough Audi (who have always been great whenever we have spoken) and that they are essentially waiting on information being drip fed from Audi AG.

I look forward to your response.

Personally I would take out the reference about lack of preparedness in testing / certifying, quite rightly they may well feel they aren't responsible and instead all you'll get defensive reply about it.

My point of view is that all the issues about the delays in orders isn't actually down to one thing anyway. It is because at the same time have are introduced the b9.5, they have their own factory shutdown in august for annual holidays, the new testing regime was delayed by the EU because the test criteria was late coming and the fact they are still reeling and seem to be in some total disarray from dieselgate with their own executive chief being arrested and having to be replaced.

I am not making excuses for them but if you wish to deal with Audi on a higher level then there needs to be some perspective from their point of view. When companies are under attack they tend to close ranks and it maybe even the case that Audi UK also know little.

Also, from my past experiences of trying to discuss greviences with large corporate organisations, is that one voice is often not enough and it might need many voices through a megaphone such as consumer rights organisations, trading standards and even the bbc's own watchdog as there must be tens of you, even tens of hundreds in europe, affected by all this.

Ok I may well have lit a touch paper with those who are, and quite rightfully, aggrieved about placing orders and then facing delay after delay without much information coming out of Audi, but I do feel your pain after having waited eights months for our new fiesta when it was delayed through issues with the leather seats.

So I will stand well back but please don't take it personally...

Last edited:
Don't know if it is of any interest to anyone but Aberdeen Audi are currently advertising a brand new A4 Avant Black Edition 2.0 stronic for £34090 if you use Audi Finance, don't know what colour or options are on it.

Reactions: cuke2u
Don't know if it is of any interest to anyone but Aberdeen Audi are currently advertising a brand new A4 Avant Black Edition 2.0 stronic for £34090 if you use Audi Finance, don't know what colour or options are on it.
Sorry all the details are on their stock list - Daytona grey with tech pack and V spoke alloys.

Reactions: NevMan
Guys... would an email such as this echo some of the sentiments here....? I have yet to send it to Audi UK.
--

I am following up on my new car order placed at the beginning of May. To date I have no confirmed delivery date with estimates moving progressively from October, November and now into December (I am assuming these are only estimates as no build week has been allocated and therefore could shift further to the right).

I understand there are significant production delays surround the impending WLTP legislation and Audi’s lack of preparedness in testing / certifying vehicles prior to the 1st September deadline. What is compounding the problem and the negative customer perception is the total absence of communication from Audi. My questions are:
  • Is there any statement / communication from Audi regarding significant delays on new car delivery – a scan of several internet forums shows that numerous others are in the same position and are equally unhappy.
  • I understand that the Ultra variant I ordered (2.0 TDI 190 S-Line Ultra S-Tronic Ultra) will no longer be available for MY19. Can you confirm which engine my car will be delivered with? Also, are the options I specified still available?
  • When will a build slot be confirmed
  • When will the WLTP emissions figures be available
Finally – this will be a company car and was selected at least partially on the basis of 109g Co2 emissions. Can you confirm where I stand if this increases significantly under WLTP, thus pushing me into a higher company cat tax bracket. Would I have the option to cancel?

I fully realise that the fault does not lie with Slough Audi (who have always been great whenever we have spoken) and that they are essentially waiting on information being drip fed from Audi AG.

I look forward to your response.

Is it right they are cancelling the 190 2.0 TDI? I thought it was the 150 2.0 tdi they were cancelling?

I also don’t believe it’s worth offending them and saying they are the main people to blame, a lot of this is out of their control. I do however believe that the lack of information to their buyers isn’t on and how they should definitely be compensating those who are delayed. As it is mine will be delayed around 8-12 weeks I think.

The 190 TDi Ultra is going to be dropped. To be replaced by the regular 190 TDi.

Hey

New here and was googling to find out why I still hadn't had a build week for my 1.4 TSFI S-Tronic A4 Black Edition Saloon....

Had heard about this but was looking for more info. I ordered at the end of May and still like everyone else haven't got a build week or any kind of estimate on the Audi Tracking.

I did hear though that i'll be getting the the face lift, including Folding Mirrors and High beam assist as that's being added as standard to the Black Ed. I also read that they are discontinuing the 1.4 150 TFSI... and replacing it with a 2.0 150 TFSI... does that sound right? I cannot see why the new 2.0 TFSI is the same power as the 1.4 though, does anyone have any tech specs on this 'replacement' engine?

Thanks

You're absolutely right about the build situation and facelift. The 2.0 150ps engine is the same power output as the old 1.4 probably because Audi don't want to let us have extra power for nothing.
No specs yet, it d be nice if there was a bit of extra torque, but I'm not holding my breath.
I got an update from my dealer today, the news was, there is no news....

You're absolutely right about the build situation and facelift. The 2.0 150ps engine is the same power output as the old 1.4 probably because Audi don't want to let us have extra power for nothing.
No specs yet, it d be nice if there was a bit of extra torque, but I'm not holding my breath.
I got an update from my dealer today, the news was, there is no news....

that was my expectation too actually, surely theres some extra torque in there! have googled the *** out of this new engine but cant find any info at all. At least the new engine sounds better when I tell someone its a 2.0 over a 1.4, haha.... maybe it will also sound better as an engine perhaps? lol...

well that's great isn't it, combined we're probably talking a few hundred grands worth of order just in this thread and we all know nothing. Haha. thing is, I want my Audi so bad, I'm willing to wait..

Agreed 2.0 sounds better. There's very little new car stick around at the moment, believe me I've looked.
I suppose we'll just have to be patient.

that was my expectation too actually, surely theres some extra torque in there! have googled the *** out of this new engine but cant find any info at all. At least the new engine sounds better when I tell someone its a 2.0 over a 1.4, haha.... maybe it will also sound better as an engine perhaps? lol...

well that's great isn't it, combined we're probably talking a few hundred grands worth of order just in this thread and we all know nothing. Haha. thing is, I want my Audi so bad, I'm willing to wait..
It won't be a new engine but one based upon the EA888 Gen 3, probably the same as mine but without the trick miller's cycle.
https://www.alexsautohaus.com/blog/vwaudi-ea888-gen-3-mqbmlb-engines-explained/

Is there a possibility that I win the competition for the longest order time without an update? ....

D39BB76C D847 4F7F B991 338A1F6A26A2

Is there a possibility that I win the competition for the longest order time without an update? ....

View attachment 163126

Possibly but I may end up 'beating' you. Ordered 06/04/18 - an S4. I have a confirmed order number and definite confirmation of the order from both dealer and Audi UK but the online tracker still isn't recognising it. S4 2019MY details haven't even been released yet. I'm unlikely to get delivery before February next year, more likely March...

Reactions: The_Fifer