Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

Just spoke to Audi UK and they advised the build week for my model (1.4 S-Tronic black edition saloon tech pack) is 49 at the earliest. Was also advised they’re closed over Christmas/New year so not to expect the car until March.
You will be getting the new engine 35 as the 1.4 has been discontinued. (2.0 150ps) March is probably about right, however more likely to be 13 weeks from build date estimate.

Audi are way behind with the WLTP compared to others, check the list below for the models they have tested (WLTP Tested models). God only know what state of affairs new car sales will be in when the new RDE (Real Driving Emissions) is implemented by September 2019.

https://beta.audi.co.uk/wltp

Good start to the week....been trying to call the salesman from Audi with no calls back.... He had left, could be due to the WLTP .....when I called they said hopefully get the car Feb at the latest but not to hold them to that...

I had exactly the same thing at Norwich Audi. Called, chasing up my emails I sent, told he’s left and new guy hasn’t got round to me yet.

Audi are way behind with the WLTP compared to others, check the list below for the models they have tested (WLTP Tested models). God only know what state of affairs new car sales will be in when the new RDE (Real Driving Emissions) is implemented by September 2019.

https://beta.audi.co.uk/wltp
I think most already knew this, the problem is there are only 10 testing stations and the german government, because of the past issues with the emissions, are insisting on very strict conditions...

I think most already knew this, the problem is there are only 10 testing stations and the german government, because of the past issues with the emissions, are insisting on very strict conditions...

Am I right in saying that every different variant of a model needs to be WLTP tested. So for example, A4 1.4 , A4 1.4 + tech pack and so on. I just don't see how this is possible... or maybe it's a formula combining the results together.

With the SOP dates we saw earlier... are they building these cars without them being WLTP tested and stock piling them ready for shipping?

Not expecting anyone to have the answers... I'm just a bit confused by it all.

Am I right in saying that every different variant of a model needs to be WLTP tested. So for example, A4 1.4 , A4 1.4 + tech pack and so on. I just don't see how this is possible... or maybe it's a formula combining the results together.

With the SOP dates we saw earlier... are they building these cars without them being WLTP tested and stock piling them ready for shipping?

Not expecting anyone to have the answers... I'm just a bit confused by it all.

That is my understanding. Apparantly, the German government do not want another emissions scandal, so the rules have been overtightened.

Anyone worked out how to access tracker now it’s moved?
The beta system could not use the tracker system so they were going to try to sort it. I am guessing this means taking down the tracker until it is fixed. It is controlled from Germany. Audi UK have no idea when it will be fixed.

Someone needs to tell Audi what the point of having something in beta is!

Reactions: tickedon and AntNut
"Audi UK have no idea" - understatement of the year.
Maybe it should be extended to "Audi AG have no idea"...

Reactions: tickedon
After reading the comments from yesterday. I feel like cancelling my order and still asking for compensation!

Reactions: DaveW
Anyone worked out how to access tracker now it’s moved?

Sort of.
1) Log on (authenticate) to the Audi website as usual (https://www.audi.co.uk/youraudi/youraudi-login.html#/learnmore/landing) . You'll get routed to the 'beta' page.
2) Go to https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/<order_number> . Where '<order_number>' is your 8 digit number from the dealer. From the raw output, you can determine your order status. There are other threads about what the codes mean..

By the way, this whole WLTP thing doesn't just affect A4s. I ordered a new 55 tfsi A7 in September, and was told last week that they won't even start manufacture of this model again until March next year! The diesel variants have been WLTP approved already...

Regards

Reactions: Alnicopro
Also the "Audi UK" Android app still has order tracking as well
20181023 140950

Reactions: Hambee1234, MWC1409, G.S and 1 other person
View attachment 168379

Good spot. IOS app also has a working tracker...........(* quickly downloaded in anticipation of movement to the next stage.................FAIL! Still on stage 1 - although it does now say 2.0l rather than 1.4)

Reactions: Kuku and Hambee1234
Didn’t realise either that the Audi UK app could do this .
Mines has now moved to order prep which is good as BW44 is this coming Monday so hopefully all still going to plan

Attachments

• 607CAFD8-8280-4E04-8A98-D331635A6C07.png
    607CAFD8-8280-4E04-8A98-D331635A6C07.png
    402.7 KB · Views: 126
View attachment 168379

This is interesting. Mine now says it's in preparation and shows no date, whereas the website said 25th March 2019. I wonder if they took the site down as it wasn't accurate whilst they are playing catchup..... interesting few weeks I think

Thanks guys can see the order again on the iOS app but it’s still at welcome stage.

I’m guessing a bug in it still as it says Welcome To Ingolstadt - last week we were in Mexico

Reactions: JDotz96
When I download the Audi app on my IPhone it does not have an option to enter a order number, only a VIN.

Been waiting since the 25th May for a my A3 Cab s-line , dealer has been next to useless ....no idea when I will get it...

When I download the Audi app on my IPhone it does not have an option to enter a order number, only a VIN.

Been waiting since the 25th May for a my A3 Cab s-line , dealer has been next to useless ....no idea when I will get it...

Im on an iphone too and all is ok,
Have you downloaded the Audi UK app.
There are a few there, its not available on the myAudi app, but it is on the Audi UK app.
I have my current A4 showing under the reg no. and my new car under the Audi order no.
hope this helps.

Still no update. At least Audi responded on Twitter.
Decided against the A6 deal as its stock and I cant spec options. Currently looking at an E220 AMG line Premium to replace the A4. Fair price increase but as several people have said, no good having a cheap A4 lease deal when you dont actually get the car. Given I dont have a BW still I am assuming I will get March 19 or something.

Reactions: DaveW and JonaP
Thank you!

Im on an iphone too and all is ok,
Have you downloaded the Audi UK app.
There are a few there, its not available on the myAudi app, but it is on the Audi UK app.
I have my current A4 showing under the reg no. and my new car under the Audi order no.
hope this helps.

Decided against the A6 deal as its stock and I cant spec options. Currently looking at an E220 AMG line Premium to replace the A4. Fair price increase but as several people have said, no good having a cheap A4 lease deal when you dont actually get the car. Given I dont have a BW still I am assuming I will get March 19 or something.

Where are you looking if you don't mind me asking?

Had this update today (company car)

Your car should be built this week. The ETA should be 26th of November for delivery, if everything goes smoothly.

We are currently still waiting for Audi UK to release the WLTP figures for this spec, once the car is in the UK it also need to be price protected to model year 18. This needs to be confirmed by the leasing company.

If this is all completed before the ETA date we can offer your New A4 around the 26th of November.

I am thinking the most likely outcome is that my car will land before the end of November - however will not be able to be registered due to lack of WLTP certification...... I am amazed that they are building cars for the Europe market before they have this.

I don't think this is bad, if the cars have been tested then any delay is down to the WLTP certificate being issued. No reason then, if the test cars have passed ok, that vehicles cannot be built just awaiting the formality of the certificate.
WLTP certificates aren't issued to individual cars, just the model that is tested.

Reactions: Nick_B
I don't think this is bad, if the cars have been tested then any delay is down to the WLTP certificate being issued. No reason then, if the test cars have passed ok, that vehicles cannot be built just awaiting the formality of the certificate.
WLTP certificates aren't issued to individual cars, just the model that is tested.
Although I think Nick is the only one (From the orders spreadsheet) that has ordered the 2.0 tdi.

If it makes any difference as too whether they can build them before receiving the certification. I would have thought what engine they have is irrelevent as they all need to have been tested again anyway.

For those who have ordered the 1.4, thus receiving the 2.0l, this shows up on coast2coast. Not sure if anyone has posted this before:
Screenshot 20181024 174455

Reactions: Hambee1234, AntNut, JonaP and 1 other person
Well folks I have had enough and will be cancelling my order today. It was a great lease deal but they still cant tell me anything and no build date. My wifes Polo GTI goes back on 21st Dec and she will have to use the S5 and I get the train. Fine for a few weeks but who knows it could be months especially as a few people who ordered the manual 1.4 are getting March 19 build dates.
I have done a u turn and have already got the ball rolling on an Audi A6 40 tdi S Line with tech pack in solid black for £344 a month. Extra £124 a month but a cracking deal for such a new car. Delivery early Dec confirmed.

Reactions: tickedon, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person

FWIW you won’t regret the E220. My A4 was intended as a secondary car for me to drive so the family has our E about for the school run etc. I love driving it though, if it had a more powerful and smoother petrol engine it would be my perfect car.

FWIW you won’t regret the E220. My A4 was intended as a secondary car for me to drive so the family has our E about for the school run etc. I love driving it though, if it had a more powerful and smoother petrol engine it would be my perfect car.
Will be getting a new A6 now - cant get a good deal on a factory order E220 all the stock ones dont have the full widescreen cockpit and that would be a must for me. New A6 has the tech pack and s line spec for 345

Reactions: NevMan
I am now leaning towards telling Audi Shrewsbury to do one..

I ordered a A3 Cabrio with loads of option on May 25th, I have had zero comms from the dealer and basically being pass the parcel between Audi UK saying contact the dealer and the dealer saying contact Audi UK.

My lease on my previous car has been extended but now VWFS want final payment, dealer not being any help and saying not there issue.

I don't know when I may get a car or if the spec has changed if it is 2019 model

This is a complete mess

Will be getting a new A6 now - cant get a good deal on a factory order E220 all the stock ones dont have the full widescreen cockpit and that would be a must for me. New A6 has the tech pack and s line spec for 345
Sounds a great deal, is that a lease, if so, what sort of advance rental is that?

Reactions: NevMan
Sounds a great deal, is that a lease, if so, what sort of advance rental is that?

Its a 9+ 23. It was just one car at 345 but there are 6 others at 359 inc tech pack from a different source. Link below;
https://www.nationalvehiclesolutions.co.uk/Audi-A6-SALOON-40-TDI-S-Line-4dr-S-Tronic-[Tech-Pack]-Personal-Lease/74595

I went and saw one last night. I cant spec the privacy glass so will get tints done (did the same on the S5) but apart from that I am happy with the spec. Its a good looking car inside and out and ill just not look at the fake exhausts and pretend they dont exist. My wife doesnt give two hoots about the fake pipes anyway and likes the 'jazzy' interior.

Reactions: NevMan and DaveW
Yes a lease. I went with 9 months upfront but you can make it 3 6 or 12. I tend to prefer a higher deposit as I get a quarterly bonus so have the money to put down and take the lower monthly.

Reactions: NevMan and DaveW
I extended my lease with VWFS and they did it no problem and have even said the service will be covered if one is necessary.

Honestly, VWFS have been the only people I have dealt with during this who actually a) are competent and b) seem to care

Just spoken to VWFS again. They said they would be unable to cover the service cost. Any agreement to do this must be with the Audi retailer. Is that right?
Audi have agreed to cover the cost for me as compensation for the delay (so far 6 month wait), however, if VWFS could cover this I would push for some other compensation with Audi.

Possibly - and I admit I have patchy knowledge on the subject. Looking at the cars with WLTP type approval I see A1, A3 ,A6/7 & A8 - I guess the A4 range must be imminent, otherwise they are building cars that cannot be registered.

I have seen virtually no 68 plate cars on the road (VW / Audi along with most other marques). The industry really has been caned by WLTP...!

I’ve found a cracking deal on a A6 SLine 2.0 204hp saloon for £359 a month! With tech pack and the new model.

They can have it to me at the end of November too.

So tempted but my A4 is an avant so I’m not sure the saloon is big enough.

Reactions: NevMan and Simonwhite2000
You could argue that it is not VWFS fault that the cars are delayed, hence why should they compensate. I would push Audi to pay for any service you may have to undertake due to the delay.