Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

Someone I know who has also ordered the A4 1.4 BE manual has just rang up Audi Customer care and been advised that the SOP for this model is week 7 (11th Feb)! That's SOP... not even a build week! Surely this isn't right.... it's an absolute shambles if it is.

I have the same car on order and confirm I have been told the same by Audi customer service. Yes it is a shambles!

Anyone getting an Audi PCP should ask for the latest offer and not the one at the time of order.
I got the Q1 offer of 3.2% APR and £1500 centre contribution, this has varied slightly during the year. The latest offer is 2.9% with a £2000 centre contribution. Worth pushing for.
Dave

I would of thought this would mean proposing a new deal....this would mean a new/current lead time would apply. However they may be able to fix this as some sort of compensation

Doesn't fill me with much hope then. Ordered 19th April a4 1.4 black ed manual. Jeez.

I ordered about 2 weeks after you and thats what I’ve been told. If I am at the start of the queue this would mean a March delivery. Im kind of hoping to have the car around 1 year after ordering! What a s**t show!

Having followed this thread for while, which has been a great source of info compared to the laughable amount of info were all getting from Audi UK, I thought I would share the latest info I have been given by my lease company today (relayed direct from Audi UK), after numerous failed complaints on my behalf, too long winded to go into. I ordered on the 26th April, a then 1.4 black edition. Current info suggest build weeks are expected to be assigned in the next week or so, crucially my contact was told they expect to build all o/s by week 50, bold statement if you ask me! Whilst I am not holding my breath, I'm trusting my lease company as I have no other faith in anything else at present

Audi Customer Service have replied to my tweet and are to find out the SOP date for 150PS manual TFSI. I fear they will confirm the Feb date as have you guys

So I initially had a 14 jan 2019 build week, this went forward to 10th December. Checked this morning and it has gone forward to 3rd December (BW 49), bear in mind these are all unconfirmed and may move forward again.... fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaveW
So I initially had a 14 jan 2019 build week, this went forward to 10th December. Checked this morning and it has gone forward to 3rd December (BW 49), bear in mind these are all unconfirmed and may move forward again.... fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's rare to see some good news on this thread, good luck to you!

Reactions: NevMan
I wrote to the media relations manager.....email unavailable. Wrote to another marketing manager....out with limited access to emails try this person......tried this email....”I will pass your email to our customer care team” ...who are frankly useless. Now considering writing to Andrew Doyle. I have no truck with the fact that WTLP are the cause of the issue, but at least contact your customers to let them know what is happening.

I wrote to the media relations manager.....email unavailable. Wrote to another marketing manager....out with limited access to emails try this person......tried this email....”I will pass your email to our customer care team” ...who are frankly useless. Now considering writing to Andrew Doyle. I have no truck with the fact that WTLP are the cause of the issue, but at least contact your customers to let them know what is happening.

Been mentioned numerous times in this thread and every time is 100% correct - the wait is bad enough but the lack of information from Audi is even worse.

Fuming.. Was meant to have a build date of 26th November. Now pushed back to 28th January.. Wtf

Fuming.. Was meant to have a build date of 26th November. Now pushed back to 28th January.. Wtf
Was it confirmed anywhere ? On the tracker etc ? or just verbally advised? **** news mate.

Last edited:
Audi Customer Care have just tweeted me back and said the SOP for the 150PS TFSI 6-speed is still week 45. Lets hope they're right.
Dave

...and that's the original one (5th Nov). Sounds too good to be true... but gives a small glimmer of hope.

Perhaps Audi are planning a nice Christmas morning surprise delivery for everyone.

Hopefully. Audi UK are still telling my dealership that 5th Nov is the SOP date.
Tried again yesterday to source a stock car but cant get anything near the A4 for the price so best to wait it out. Still cant stop checking the tracker though or pestering Cheshire Oaks Audi who have been excellent and share my frustration.

Reactions: G.S, NevMan and DaveW
Audi Customer Care have just tweeted me back and said the SOP for the 150PS TFSI 6-speed is still week 45. Lets hope they're right.
Dave

Hope so, at least it's consistent with what I was told yesterday.

Reactions: NevMan
I have given up chasing through my works fleet manager, as I ordered mine in Feb, and even this week were unable to give me an update. My order was a 150 tdi Sline manual avant in Daytona.

Luckily my temp hire car is a 67 plate 190 tdi Sline Ultra Avant auto.

To be honest I really don't like the automatic, compared to my old F31 BMW 320d ED Sport Auto, the box is nowhere near as good. I like the dash of the Audi, but The BMW drives a lot better in all honesty. I don't want to cancel my order as the Audi is better on company car tax than the other choices I have.

I was asked yesterday if I wanted to keep the one I have as my car for the next two years instead, but I would not have picked a white estate.

Last edited:
Just spoken with a very nice lady from Audi head office. Apparently the first build week for my car is week 50, however due to the backlog it could be up to 24 weeks before delivery.
She was very nice and took a lot of time with me answering my questions. I have got more information from her in 5 minutes than I have had from anybody in the last 3 months.

Just spoken with a very nice lady from Audi head office. Apparently the first build week for my car is week 50, however due to the backlog it could be up to 24 weeks before delivery.
She was very nice and took a lot of time with me answering my questions. I have got more information from her in 5 minutes than I have had from anybody in the last 3 months.
Did she say anything else mate? General comments on the situation?

It is only German manufacturers who are being more stringently tested due to the German Government new testing procedures. They don’t want another scandal I think. Every variant of every car has to be tested. Ie. With and without towbar, with and without sunroof etc etc. 19inch wheels and 18inch wheels with towbar without towbar etc etc.
She was really apologetic and I told her that the info coming from Audi was disappointing. She said that they can only go on what they are told from the factory in Germany, and there is none or very little information coming out. Definitely no 1.4l petrol engine. That has been discontinued. Replaced by 2.0l instead.
There are A3 sport backs ready in 12 weeks if I wanted to change. No thanks. I can wait.
Will be 2019 version as expected.
It seems writing directly to Andrew Doyle had an effect!

Been told on the order tracker and Halesowen Audi today that the build week I had of 12th November, has now been pushed out to 14th January. Delivery would be expected early March, absolutely gutted

Been told on the order tracker and Halesowen Audi today that the build week I had of 12th November, has now been pushed out to 14th January. Delivery would be expected early March, absolutely gutted
What spec/engine have you ordered?

Well at least you'll get it on a 19 plate..

Dave

SOP means F all. I was told November for SOP for my 2.0 TFSI Black Edition Avant but have a build week of 18th Feb....

If you want to cancel then I'm tempted to on mine, we should do so together so we have more clout

SOP means F all. I was told November for SOP for my 2.0 TFSI Black Edition Avant but have a build week of 18th Feb....

If you want to cancel then I'm tempted to on mine, we should do so together so we have more clout
No comments or apologies when I cancelled mine. In fact no replies from Audi UK to any of my communications.

Called Audi today as no build week for me on the tracker. Ordered March said it will be approx week 50 as the factory is not open to build A4 yet and is a 13 week wait usually but due to WLTP they are adding another 13 weeks on top of that..... said that may not be the case.....I asked what they are doing about this as so many people waiting and said it is down to where you ordered as they would have been aware .... not sure this is the case though as was told it would hopefully be September as that was when I arranged my other car to go back....

Called Audi today as no build week for me on the tracker. Ordered March said it will be approx week 50 as the factory is not open to build A4 yet and is a 13 week wait usually but due to WLTP they are adding another 13 weeks on top of that..... said that may not be the case.....I asked what they are doing about this as so many people waiting and said it is down to where you ordered as they would have been aware .... not sure this is the case though as was told it would hopefully be September as that was when I arranged my other car to go back....
Yes, I ordered 26th April and was told it could be as long as Sept... what a massive underestimation that was.

It would be a good idea if we could have a spreadsheet where we all enter our order date / model / PCP,PCH,cash! / communicated build week (if at all).
Anyone know how to do this?

Reactions: Richard Donald
Yes, I ordered 26th April and was told it could be as long as Sept... what a massive underestimation that was.

It would be a good idea if we could have a spreadsheet where we all enter our order date / model / PCP,PCH,cash! / communicated build week (if at all).
Anyone know how to do this?
Great idea worst case so do an online spreadsheet

Just had my first ever update from Audi with a slight hint of a date:
"I hope you are well
Audi will start to build all Audi A4s on week 50 which is the start of December for a January delivery
I hope you have a nice weekend"

Given the huge backlog January sounds optimistic?

I ordered a 1.4 Tfsi S tronic Black Edn back in April. Current lease car ran out end of last month so I am on an informal extension. Major Service will be due Early December. I have just informed Audi that I expect them to pay for this but don't hold much hope of them agreeing.

Ordered back in April to ensure I had a car for when current lease expired.
Still no update on the Audi tracker for my specific order yet (been on the welcome screen forever).

Reactions: Moocher and DaveW