Website
www.amdtechnikusa.com
You can graph boost pressure as follows:

Go to Engine Measuring Block 011
Start Logging the data
In a high gear (4th/5th) give full throttle from 1500-2000 rpm to 3500-4000 rpm
Find and Open the Log file in Windows Explorer
In Excel graph actual/requested boost -vs- rpm
On a stock vehicle, one should see a spike at 2.1 bar quickly regulated at 1.9 through the whole rpm range

tdiboost.gif

You only need a basic laptop which is cabable of running Windows '95 comfortably and which is equipped with a serial port 9-pin (d-type).

There are 5 packages available to suit all budgets, all of which include the full version of the Ross-Tech VAG-COM software.

Standard%20Cable.jpg

Package 1
Standard OBD2 Cable with VAG-COM software
For use with all vehicles featuring the DLC connector except 2002 onward model year A4 & A8

Pro-2%20Cable.jpg

Package 2 Pro-2 OBD2 Cable with VAG-COM software
Features LED to indicate connection status.

For use with all vehicles featuring the DLC connector except 2002 onward model year A4 & A8

K1-K2%20Twin%20Com%20cable.jpg

Package 3
K1-K2 (Twin Com) OBD2 Cable with VAG-COM software

Features twin LEDs to indicate connection status (line one & line two)
For use with all vehicles featuring the DLC connector including 2002 onward model year A4 & A8

Pro-2%20&%20VAS5051-2.jpg

Package 4
Pro-2 OBD2 Cable and VAS 5051/2 adapter with VAG-COM software

For use with all vehicles including earlier models featuring the 2x2 connector, but excluding 2002 onward model year A4 & A8

K1-K2%20Twin%20Com%20&%20VAS5051-2.jpg

Package 5
K1-K2 (Twin-com) OBD2 Cable and VAS 5051/2 adapter with VAG-COM software

For use with all vehicles including earlier models featuring the 2x2 connector

All cables are German manufactured and come with a 2-year manufacturers warranty.

Please see the VAG-COM products page for pricing details.

Best wishes,

Ram®

RAM,

tried this last night. Don't think you mean block 011, more like 115 I think.

sadly the shareware version doesn't go this high /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am very interested in buy VAG-COM but for the fact That I cannot determine the true boost pressure for my AMD chipped S4. It is exactly this that I wanted the VAG COM for rather than having to fit a boost gauge in my dash somewhere.

Looking at the Uk web site I see the price goes up £20 for the basic lead with an LED. Can someone explain why it is worth spending an extra £20 for an LED!

Thanks Ram,

My car is at home so I can't chcek how many pins are in my DLC. Can you or anyone else confirm that package one (i.e. £139) will work on my 1997/98 S4 Avant?

AMD have still to get back to me on the boost pressure query. The lad I spoke to didn't know and it was lunch time.

Nilesh, can you sort me out an activation code?
lost my vag.com installation when my laptop HD went kaput a while back, you should have the license key....
Also managed to lose my lead, pm me!

I spoke to Jim at Star performance who carry out AMD chip work in Scotland about measuring the boost pressure. He said, the VAG tool and VAG-COM can measure the true boost pressure but only if your running the car, or in his case, on a rolling road. Which is exactly what he did with my AMD chipped S4 some months back. So if the dealer was to use the small hand held VAG tool rather than the full PC on a trolley bit of kit they have in the workshop and take the car out for a road test they would see the higher than stock boost pressures

Alex at AMD has still to reply to my email. He's given it to his workshop foreman to answer.

Looks like I'll be buying a VAG-COM rather than APR's new version of the centre dash vent boost gauge.

Sorry to bring this back up but what are people typically getting on their standard S3. Mine seems to hit 1.8 bar and hold fairly successfully, no real peaking. I checked this earlier because my car doesn't feel particularly fast and I thought maybe I have a boost leak but I may have just got used to it.... time for a remap!