Locking wheel nut!!

Nige Smith

Reaction score
Had an alloy wheel repair 18 months ago under Audi insurance. Booked another one in for last week...no locking wheel nut. Never had cause to remove a wheel since the last repair! I've looked everywhere in the car, including where I think it should be, (the tool roll). Am I missing something obvious? There is no sign of any code number anywhere either! Help!

Had an alloy wheel repair 18 months ago under Audi insurance. Booked another one in for last week...no locking wheel nut. Never had cause to remove a wheel since the last repair! I've looked everywhere in the car, including where I think it should be, (the tool roll). Am I missing something obvious? There is no sign of any code number anywhere either! Help!
Reply deleted.

You mean for security bolt ? I threw it in bin along with 4 security bolts and replaced with ordinary ones.. As I had nightmares to trying to undo them as nut were slipping trying to untight it.. Now no nightmares anymore .. Easily remove all standard 5 bolts with bar and no messing with some pointless locking nut nowadays .

ripoff

You mean for security bolt ? I threw it in bin along with 4 security bolts and replaced with ordinary ones.. As I had nightmares to trying to undo them as nut were slipping trying to untight it.. Now no nightmares anymore .. Easily remove all standard 5 bolts with bar and no messing with some pointless locking nut nowadays .
Where is your car parked so i can come rob yer wheels

ta

I know when i had a Honda and lost the locking wheel nut key i went to the Honda dealership and they had a box with 20 or so different locking wheel nut keys.

they tried each one until they found the correct key that matched the car and ordered me up a spare.

i would hope Audi has a similar setup. Phone your local dealership for advice.

Where is your car parked so i can come rob yer wheels

ta
Haha I knew someone will throw topic about wheels robbing :D
Yeah tell me who does that nowadays? :) that was in old era times boy , D don't worry I know u won't be ***** to jack car at 3AM and stealing curbed wheels
So u see ? U have hard work to find out where the wheels are, then put effort into it and even endup in police hands .. Robbers don't bother nowadays!
For them is easier to nick the whole car in few minutes .. and not fkin about jacking sht using noisy impact driver for 15 mins and by the time police will arrive..

I know when i had a Honda and lost the locking wheel nut key i went to the Honda dealership and they had a box with 20 or so different locking wheel nut keys.

they tried each one until they found the correct key that matched the car and ordered me up a spare.

Audi has 20 shapes .. each car has different they will only remove security screws throw them in bin and offer you new set for maybe £100 ? or more?
But here on ebay has letters from A to X or Z

Last edited:

Audi Lincoln did exactly the same for me when I misplaced my locking wheel nut key a few years back. The replacement cost around £30 if I remember correctly.

Someone has now said they are aftermarket, which he may be right.

If anyone knows what type of nut it is, then please let me know.

Thanks for that link, I'll give it a try.

Yeah I'll give my address, please take off the bolts on my driveway, remove my broken rims and damaged tyres, you'll be doing me a favour

Thanks all.

Forget that website, they want £65 with £16.00 delivery first. Then they will tell me what nut I need, same as audi prices.

Can anyone help, this is urgent. My car is on the drive, I'm in a rural village with no buses or trains..

How do I sort this out? How can I find out what type of locking wheel nut it is, I need to get it off first.

I cannot take my car to the garage for them to force it off, nor can I afford someone mobile, I need to do it myself

I will put 2 emergency wheels on first, then buy a Audi rim second hand from Ebay, then get it installed. But I'm working poor, I've got maybe £25.00 for the locking wheel nut, then maybe 20.00 for a second hand emergency wheel, just to get on the road

Audi Lincoln did exactly the same for me when I misplaced my locking wheel nut key a few years back. The replacement cost around £30 if I remember correctly.
They quoted me £85.00 with delivery, before I found out this may be a aftermarket one.