Locking wheel nut covers

cptjay

Reaction score
Looks like two of my locking wheel nut covers have fallen off.... or been nicked.... has anyone experienced this?

yep, seems to be a regular thing over the colder months. Last winter I found that all the covers became a bit looser and needed regular checks and tapping back on fully, no issues in summer. Don't know about you but exposure to cold weather shrinks my nuts.

Looks like two of my locking wheel nut covers have fallen off.... or been nicked.... has anyone experienced this?
Lost most of mine and in the end I went and purchased versions form a earlier model of the A4 that were a tighter fit. None lost since.

Reactions: Kakatk
yep, seems to be a regular thing over the colder months. Last winter I found that all the covers became a bit looser and needed regular checks and tapping back on fully, no issues in summer. Don't know about you but exposure to cold weather shrinks my nuts.

The cold weather sure does shrink the nuts ! - :cold::yes: haha..

Lost most of mine and in the end I went and purchased versions form a earlier model of the A4 that were a tighter fit. None lost since.
Thanks, where did you get them from?

Printscreen:
Wheelnuts

Thanks Cuke, I've ordered some of these.

Reactions: cuke2u
Should be a warranty item.... shouldn't just fall off with normal use?!

My dealership did offer to replace them, if I visited them. However it is 30 mile round trip and can take, at busy times, up to an hour each way. So no thank you I've sorted it myself...

Thanks. Spoke to Audi Driverline and they say dealer will replace under warranty, if not they will replace as car is fully maintained on lease... Saves me the £25 I guess, just means a hassle trip to the dealer.

78p! Bit cheaper than they are on Amazon :blink:

Mind you, if they fall off every time you go round a corner....

78p! Bit cheaper than they are on Amazon :blink:

Mind you, if they fall off every time you go round a corner....
Quite, no good replacing a flawed product with another. The dealership replaced two of mine at the car's first service in october 2017, they disappeared two days later so no thanks...