Locking switch on front passenger door

Cyberman_uk

Reaction score
Hi to everyone on Audi Sport! A brilliant forum.

I had a thought that it may be nice to have a duplicate lock/ unlock button on the passenger front door, so that the passenger can also have this facility to hand if necessary.
The button and trim is available on left hand drive cars state side, so parts shouldn't be an issue. It's just if the passenger door controller can be coded to suit?

If anyone has any idea's, then please share.

A3 8P 2010' SB

Yes agree. There is room in the door trim. And you're right there wouldn't be any wiring present, but the loom must be available from a LHD model as maybe is the controller. As with a few things like ambient lighting and door puddle lights, which can be retro fitted and coded into the door module, I thought it may be possible to do.
Or even put a door module from the RHD drivers door into the passenger door?
Maybe Nigel (NHN) would have an idea if this is possible
Thanks.

Yes agree. There is room in the door trim. And you're right there wouldn't be any wiring present, but the loom must be available from a LHD model as maybe is the controller. As with a few things like ambient lighting and door puddle lights, which can be retro fitted and coded into the door module, I thought it may be possible to do.
Or even put a door module from the RHD drivers door into the passenger door?
Maybe Nigel (NHN) would have an idea if this is possible
Thanks.

I would have thought the looms are sided too, but you may be able to add a right sided loom and controller. the main loom must have the wiring for both sides??

Can you get to the connection to the main loom? If theres a plug and socket see how many wires go in and out, compare with drivers door and you should have an answer. If theres no plug you no the main loom is also sided.

Last edited: